Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

8 hours ago, Keyofx said:

I usually just ride around for a bit, and a random event/stranger mission always pops up for me to do. Never felt the need to restart the story so far, but I'm really interested in seeing how good this looks on the new consoles.

What're you playing on, btw?

I am playing RDR 2 on Xbox Series X. I think it's the same version as X1X at 4K 30fps. Loading times are super fast at 20-30 seconds from starting screen. Fast travel in less than 10 secs. I turned off HDR, looks much better

8 hours ago, Keyofx said:

I usually just ride around for a bit, and a random event/stranger mission always pops up for me to do. Never felt the need to restart the story so far, but I'm really interested in seeing how good this looks on the new consoles.

What're you playing on, btw?

Playing on PS4.

Just thought I should replay the entire thing again and relive the mastercraft of storytelling. It’s probably the last  R* game with Sam Houser as a writer.

1 hour ago, Right said:

Playing on PS4.

Just thought I should replay the entire thing again and relive the mastercraft of storytelling. It’s probably the last  R* game with Sam Houser as a writer.

They lost Leslie Benzies and Lazlow as well. Hopefully their output doesn't take a hit. It's such an opaque studio that it's hard to tell what's happening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today while playing the game froze and then crashed to desktop with a message stating "Out of virtual memory". :samui:

Searched and found a solution here:

RDR 2 - Out of Virtual Memory Crash

I have turned Page File Off under Windows Virtual Memory settings. Lets see when I play tomorrow again if the same thing happens or not.

3 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Been playing this on PC for the last couple of days... My God this game looks pretty! The lighting effects aregorgeous and it's so relaxing to ride through the lush terrain on a horse with music playing. Bliss.

RDR2 is very much Game of the generation. Just like RDR was.

Both are marvelous piece of engineering, RDR was done for the systems with 512MB RAM.

24 minutes ago, Right said:

RDR2 is very much Game of the generation. Just like RDR was.

Both are marvelous piece of engineering, RDR was done for the systems with 512MB RAM.

Coming from finishing Cyberpunk a few days ago the 2 things that hit me instantly:

1. The way this game looks and the polish. Feels rich.

2. The peds. Oh they act like real human beings and not like the inane drone population of Cyberpunk.

2 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Been playing this on PC for the last couple of days... My God this game looks pretty! The lighting effects aregorgeous and it's so relaxing to ride through the lush terrain on a horse with music playing. Bliss.

I second this!

I am so glad I resisted the itch to play this with an old GPU. This games deserves to be played maxed out! The lighting, the volumetric fog effects, the rain, the mountains, the snow, its all perfectly crafted.
I've sunk more than 20hours in the last 3-5days, and I haven't finished chapter 2. It feels so soothing and relaxing to just take your horse and ride!

The open world, the NPC AI is so damn realistic. Also, the random encounters are all great, and didn't see it get repeated even once, so far.

It tops RDR pretty much in all the cases, except for may be the action. There is a lot less of it in RDR2, and I don't like the dead-eye in this game.

KNMNQT1.jpg?1

Finally, gave in to itch and got RDR2 in winter sale on steam. Was looking for either this or Cyberpunk 2077 as both of them are big open world games. But looking at the scathing reviews and gameplay bugs in cyberpunk, finally bit the bullet and got this. Only problem as of now seems that download size is HUGE!

1 hour ago, stingray said:

Finally, gave in to itch and got RDR2 in winter sale on steam. Was looking for either this or Cyberpunk 2077 as both of them are big open world games. But looking at the scathing reviews and gameplay bugs in cyberpunk, finally bit the bullet and got this. Only problem as of now seems that download size is HUGE!

Cyberpunk was 70GB and since its release there have been patches of size more than 70GB...and they are just started :giggle:

RDR2 is total bang for buck games, comes complete, bug/glitch free, its one of the most beautiful games.

You didn't bite the bullet, boy, you have made an excellent decision.

2 hours ago, Right said:

Cyberpunk was 70GB and since its release there have been patches of size more than 70GB...and they are just started :giggle:

RDR2 is total bang for buck games, comes complete, bug/glitch free, its one of the most beautiful games.

You didn't bite the bullet, boy, you have made an excellent decision.

Its not bug free. But yeah its quite polished 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Its not bug free. But yeah its quite polished 

The only bug I have come across, well....this happened in my second playthrough

I was attacked by a robber gang and I died (my horse didn't), but when I got back, my horse June was replaced by the the default one, whom I already have pawned off.

Nothing game breaking.