Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

Super Late to the party but finally finished OG RDR, Thanks to the Xbox Backward Compatibilty, still able to play classics. The game received Xbox One X enhancement and runs at 4K 30. I guess they could have easily done a 60 FPS as well under the BC program but R* being R* I guess..

Coming to the game its a cult classic RDR, The characters and writing is topnotch.. The Mexico section and Act around Dutch was nailed well... only disappointing was the Epilogue section which was dragged with boring missions (I felt this even in RDR2) in the end game section.. Nevertheless had a fitting ending overall and a secret final mission to roll up the credits..

90abe909-2ac0-43c3-87cd-01f0b88d232b.png

c4030d97-c4fc-4fb6-b724-8c43c9eaa584-1.p

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Super Late to the party but finally finished OG RDR, Thanks to the Xbox Backward Compatibilty, still able to play classics. The game received Xbox One X enhancement and runs at 4K 30. I guess they could have easily done a 60 FPS as well under the BC program but R* being R* I guess..

Coming to the game its a cult classic RDR, The characters and writing is topnotch.. The Mexico section and Act around Dutch was nailed well... only disappointing was the Epilogue section which was dragged with boring missions (I felt this even in RDR2) in the end game section.. Nevertheless had a fitting ending overall and a secret final mission to roll up the credits..

RDR1 > RDR2 :fear1: imo

probably because I played it on PS3 way back and it was an outstanding experience for that time 

• Like 2

RDR on PS3 had very weird tearing issues(for lack of proper term) and I never could stick with it for long enough. People did tell me that 360 version was better but I never got a chance to play, guess now I'll be hunting some friend's xbox to borrow :fear1:

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

RDR1 > RDR2 :fear1: imo

probably because I played it on PS3 way back and it was an outstanding experience for that time 

Even I prefer one to two. Also 360 version was better iirc.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Its a known issue on PS.. having a 3080 why don't u play it on the PC

I played it on pc already. Therefore the sharp difference in graphics is making me feel I’m playing a different game altogether 

• 4 months later...

Taking $50 for a port and it doesn’t even support the current gen consoles and its features. :rofl:

And on the other hand, they won’t do a simply 60fps unlocked mode for Red Dead 2, which is already proved to be a simple fix on modded PS5 firmware. 

17 minutes ago, Vamos said:

And on the other hand, they won’t do a simply 60fps unlocked mode for Red Dead 2, which is already proved to be a simple fix on modded PS5 firmware. 

They want to charge a separate $70 for that.

They know not many ppl will shell out all over again in just 2-3 years so waiting for the right moment.

Even the ones like me who would,are getting screwed!!

Edited by AnK

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Lol, what a f*ckin joke :roflroll:

First that garbage GTA Trilogy remaster, now this atrocious 50$ port.

Just realized, Naughty Dog got so much sh*t for remaking LoUP1, but that was a very good remake and coat 60usd.

This is the same sh*t as PS3, ported with no current gen improvements and no 60fps either, and costs 50USD!! 

Makes Last of Us Remake look worth it. 

The only upside to this compared to the GTA Trilogy Remaster is that this game came out in the PS360 gen and it's natively better looking than the PS2-gen GTA games. :lol:

Apart from that, I'm sure R* is not putting any effort into this, just like they didn't for the GTA Trilogy Remaster.

But, I'll mostly be getting this anyway! :fear1: I'm a sucker for the original RDR and finally, being able to play one of my favourite games of all time, natively on the primary console I own, is almost a dream come true. :fear1: