PSN login fail but internet is accessible

maverickR2D2

Guys i am facing a very peculiar problem.

I'm able to access internet on the ps4 but unable to sign in into the PSN. I recently got a new BSNL broadband with netis WF2411E router. I read somewhere that i should change my security encryption settings to TKIP from AES. But unfortunately, I can't do so. I can only choose WPA/WPA2-PSK or WEP or none. By default it was set as WPA/WPA2-PSK with encryption type as TKIP & AES. I cant choose one among them.

I'm able to sign in into PSN using my 4G Dongle.

How can i resolve this?

What's the error? if its ws-37397-9, then you're doomed. PSN/Akamai has blacklisted your public IP under Network ACL. I have fought a long battle with Sony over blacklisting and finally had to shell out addn'l 3K for getting a static IP. They have been becoming very aggressive in banning IP nows a day with increased DDoS attacks (recent one was last week)..

I wonder why Sony's PSN has all these issues while XBL works just fine. Even for games, they wont use dedicated n/w but use AWS or Azure which is good but not if you purchase rack time on low powered servers with geo based MM.

Update the system... new update has come ... you will be able to login once you update

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope still not working. I think i will try plugging in the broadband instead of using wifi

Are you able to access PS store or PS app with BSNL broadband ?

n wat error code do get on PS4 ?

surprisingly i can access the ps store. Its just that i can't play anything online, because i can't sign into psn.

Nope still not working. I think i will try plugging in the broadband instead of using wifi

surprisingly i can access the ps store. Its just that i can't play anything online, because i can't sign into psn.

Do you get any error code when you try to login ?

I have a similar issue where I'm even logged into psn but can't connect to game servers. I always use my phone to create a Wi-Fi hot-spot to connect to psn and then change it back to my other connection. By doing this I'm able to connect to psn. Although I'm connected to psn sometimes I'm able to play online and other times I'm not. Not sure why it happens randomly. Anyone have a clue? I have another low speed broadband connection on which it always works fine. Is it the router or the isp that's the source of the error?

I have a similar issue where I'm even logged into psn but can't connect to game servers. I always use my phone to create a Wi-Fi hot-spot to connect to psn and then change it back to my other connection. By doing this I'm able to connect to psn. Although I'm connected to psn sometimes I'm able to play online and other times I'm not. Not sure why it happens randomly. Anyone have a clue? I have another low speed broadband connection on which it always works fine. Is it the router or the isp that's the source of the error?

That might be tough to figure out. at least if you aren't able to log onto psn, you get an error code. Try forwarding ports on your router.

Which servers? EA?

May be ur ip is blocked from Sony. Happens lot of times.

Every time u fail to login or access any service, PS4 gives a error code.

Give that code, will be easier to find a solution.

It's ISP and the IP address which they have assigned to you, I presume your NAT Type is 3 too. There is a pool of public IP which are blocked by Sony and you're most probably on one of them. Contact your ISP and ask them to give you a Static IP which should resolve everything.

I'm saying this because I also ran into DNS error and NAT 3 issues earlier this year, got myself a new IP and everything works okay now.

That might be tough to figure out. at least if you aren't able to log onto psn, you get an error code. Try forwarding ports on your router.

Which servers? EA?

I havent tried port forwarding yet. i have tried to connect to destiny servers and naughty dog's for UC4.

May be ur ip is blocked from Sony. Happens lot of times.

Every time u fail to login or access any service, PS4 gives a error code.

Give that code, will be easier to find a solution.

I get error code 33987-0 evertytime i try to connect to psn. As mentioned earlier when i switch to a different network and connect to psn and than again switch back to my original connection (the one i intend to play on) it remains connected. Occasionally after doing this i'm able to play online without any hitch but occassionally i'm not, which makes me wonder if its the ISP or router that i need to replace. But every time i go online i have to connect to psn in this method only.

It's ISP and the IP address which they have assigned to you, I presume your NAT Type is 3 too. There is a pool of public IP which are blocked by Sony and you're most probably on one of them. Contact your ISP and ask them to give you a Static IP which should resolve everything.

I'm saying this because I also ran into DNS error and NAT 3 issues earlier this year, got myself a new IP and everything works okay now.

When I use test connection I'm getting a NAT type 2 connection only. When i get the opportunity maybe I'll try to get a screenshot of connection results and post it here.

Thanks everyone for your solutions.Sorry for not being able to reply sooner

Archived