Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes pulled out of circulation immediately

Ne0

This thread will slowly turning into old politics thread :lol:

People posting unrelated stuff to show their hatred and love for their respective politicians

It will be locked as soon as things go back to normal for regular people.

It will be locked as soon as things go back to normal for regular people.

No need to lock even politics thread as long as things are constructive.Mods can always clean the thread and put a line on Topics.Let it flow man :P

Lines haven't reduced at all in the nationalised banks like SBI and PNB (the ones where poor people are likely to have accounts). In fact they are much worse than 2-3 days ago.
Went to my PNB at just after noon today and the first person in line had arrived before 10. Since my mama knows the manager, he called him out and gave him the cash and slip book to deposit at his own convenience. Many people were trying to cut lines, make new lines and quarelling with the bank employees and those already in line.

The good thing is that I didn't see many people trying to just exchange notes; most were either depositing or withdrawing and with the high enough withdrawal limit people won't have to queue up for the next few days. Queues will slowy reduce. (Hopefully)

Also got me hands on a 2000 Rs note today. It seems too small and has lots of white space, almost like business game money.

No one was hurt. Including the driver. Since it happened so late, by 10pm here roads are mostly deserted.

Yeah! I was in Goa a couple times and unless you are in the party-zone, post 2100 Hours finding anyone on the street is difficult.

I kind of like that but it can be super messy during emergency scenarios like the one you posted.

Went for a drive because power is still out. Holy sh*t seen one atm that had a queue of about 30 odd people. But then that's the only ATM for 6 kms in that area so not surprising. Anyway the best thing is that my mom has finally agreed to learn how to use netbanking. Small miracle. :lol:

Went for a drive because power is still out. Holy sh*t seen one atm that had a queue of about 30 odd people. But then that's the only ATM for 6 kms in that area so not surprising. Anyway the best thing is that my mom has finally agreed to learn how to use netbanking. Small miracle. :lol:

I am still trying to convince my father to get a debit card issued for his account. :/

Went for a drive because power is still out. Holy sh*t seen one atm that had a queue of about 30 odd people. But then that's the only ATM for 6 kms in that area so not surprising. Anyway the best thing is that my mom has finally agreed to learn how to use netbanking. Small miracle. [emoji38]

Haha my father used his debit card first time for purchasing anything. Else it used to go straight to the drawer after withdrawing money.

Yeah people are so reluctant to move to a cashless model. Even my siblings still stand in queues to pay their mobile bills etc. Ive been trying for years to explain the benefits of netbanking and debit cards but they're so skeptical.

Yeah people are so reluctant to move to a cashless model. Even my siblings still stand in queues to pay their mobile bills etc. Ive been trying for years to explain the benefits of netbanking and debit cards but they're so skeptical.

Cyber crime is a big hurdle to going cashless. No matter how much secure it is, there's always loopholes and risk of fraud. My dad for example will rather starve to death than buy groceries using debit card because of misconceptions.

Cyber crime is a big hurdle to going cashless. No matter how much secure it is, there's always loopholes and risk of fraud. My dad for example will rather starve to death than buy groceries using debit card because of misconceptions.

Then it's not cyber crime, but thinking of the people is the hurdle.

Then it's not cyber crime, but thinking of the people is the hurdle.

Actually combination of both.

Remember a year ago there was a case on ivg where one guy bought ps4 from someone but ps4 was faulty and dead but he didn't receive his money back. It became huge controversy involving police, courts, cyber crime division but still didn't receive his money back.

Archived