The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

9 hours ago, adity said:

Why did people not lose their sh*t over this? Vita failed because of proprietary expansion cards. 

It failed because no gaems( except turn based japani ones )

PSP meanwhile also had some sony's proprietary memory card but it sold well

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It failed because no gaems( except turn based japani ones )

PSP meanwhile also had some sony's proprietary memory card but it sold well

Psp memory cards also worked on multiple sony devices like phones, cameras, laptops etc. The vita memory card was used only for that single device. 

11 hours ago, adity said:

Why did people not lose their sh*t over this? Vita failed because of proprietary expansion cards. 

No. It failed due to the disruptive innovation caused by the smartphone. Game Developers make more money by developing for the smartphone due to its high user base. 

15 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Vita failed because nobody wanted a system like that in the age of smartphones without the iconic handheld gaming lineup of Nintendo. Had nothing to do with memory cards

Amazing how my vita has held up. Bought it like 7yrs back I guess, to this day the screen is flawless and remote play is like a dream (if both PS4 and vita are connected to fibre). Battery life is the same since day 1 too! I REALLY hope Vita would have PS5 remote play too, I always prefer Vita over 1080p phones for remote play. With phones you need a DS4 too but Vita feels natural as f**k and it has the BEST D PAD EVER MADE. 

Sorry for the OT, Vita meri jaan hai.

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, rAgHaV said:

Amazing how my vita has held up. Bought it like 7yrs back I guess, to this day the screen is flawless and remote play is like a dream (if both PS4 and vita are connected to fibre). Battery life is the same since day 1 too! I REALLY hope Vita would have PS5 remote play too, I always prefer Vita over 1080p phones for remote play. With phones you need a DS4 too but Vita feels natural as f**k and it has the BEST D PAD EVER MADE. 

Sorry for the OT, Vita meri jaan hai.

Purely in terms of hardware, it is easily the best handheld of all time. Definitely better than that cheap piece of junk i.e. 3ds

11 minutes ago, adity said:

You have to admit that vita hardware is miles ahead in quality. The screen and form factor is a lot more premium than 3ds.

Vita was also 50 bucks more expensive and came with an additional cost of expensive memory card. Plus 3ds did a 3d screen ( which was a really good 3d imo) which I'd reckon pushed back the res a bit. Plus 3ds came with 2 screens 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:23 PM, playstationdude said:

Vita was also 50 bucks more expensive and came with an additional cost of expensive memory card. Plus 3ds did a 3d screen ( which was a really good 3d imo) which I'd reckon pushed back the res a bit. Plus 3ds came with 2 screens 

Additional cost of memory cards arent really a factor while duscussing the quality of hardware of the two systems. Original 3ds was a literal piece of junk with horrible screen, poor implementation of 3d and the system felt poorly made as well. Wii and Wii U both were exactly the same and felt incredibly cheap. Swith is the only Nintendo syatem in some time which feels well built. 

Very impressed seeing this trailer, with so many little perfect animations for hand-to-hand combat and Ellie running into cover/crouching/prone etc.

I will probably get this on sale after GoT and make liberal use of the skip cutscene button :fear:

I recently completed Last of us again for the third time and i still didnt get why ppl call it a interactive movie. Gameplay and the epic moments like like sweage escape, car push, etc is the the highlight of this game. Its actually the best ND game which is filled with gameplay. Ofcourse the ending was really something and the story/characters here are equally good but the gameplay on survivor, man oh man.

Taking down enemies one by one with 2-3 bullets in your inventory, when sh*t goes down, using brick, bottles and using melee like crazy. The powerful shotgun blast and rifle damage, all good to land and hear. Even the map layout is good and gives lots of room to flank. Its a joy to play this game. Few more days :dance:

35 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

I recently completed Last of us again for the third time and i still didnt get why ppl call it a interactive movie. Gameplay and the epic moments like like sweage escape, car push, etc is the the highlight of this game. Its actually the best ND game which is filled with gameplay. Ofcourse the ending was really something and the story/characters here are equally good but the gameplay on survivor, man oh man.

Taking down enemies one by one with 2-3 bullets in your inventory, when sh*t goes down, using brick, bottles and using melee like crazy. The powerful shotgun blast and rifle damage, all good to land and hear. Even the map layout is good and gives lots of room to flank. Its a joy to play this game. Few more days :dance:

I played it on ps3 back then by preorder (only other game I pre-ordered apart from GTA 5 in that generation).

I am hesitant to play it again on PS4 just because of the generator scene. :(

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

I recently completed Last of us again for the third time and i still didnt get why ppl call it a interactive movie.

Which salty morons call it that?

TLOU has top notch gameplay, with the narrative strength/quality of movie. Amongst the absolute best use cases of gaming as a medium.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Generator level is nightmare fuel. I played the game 4-5 years back and thinking about it still fills me anxiety. 

If by the generator level you mean the one in the hotel in Pittsburgh, just went through this level few hours back while replaying the game.

I remember the Bloater and Hunter giving nightmares while you frantically look for the keycard to get out. This time i got the keycard early before starting the generator, so the tension was lost here.

The first playthrough of TLOU is indeed special.