The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

Available today, episode 1 starts from the beginning, as we discuss the unforgettable first few hours of The Last of Us with Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann and Anthony Newman, as well as cast members Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker. You can stream or download it from your favorite audio source right here.

We’ll be dropping new episodes of this limited series every Tuesday for the next eight weeks. Each episode, I’ll be joined by an evolving lineup of guests, including various members of the development team, composer Gustavo Santaolalla, other notable fans of the game, and cast members, such as Jeffrey Pierce, Laura Bailey, Shannon Woodward, and Ian Alexander.

In the lead-up to The Last of Us Part II’s launch, we’ll be diving deep into the making of the first game, but on July 7, once everyone’s had a chance to play, we’ll be turning our focus to the The Last of Us Part II and unpacking the story, gameplay, and development process. You’re going to want to make sure you tune in for that.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/09/introducing-the-official-the-last-of-us-podcast-series/

• Thanks 1

I wonder how the environments will look in comparison to RDR2, which has the best looking open-world i've seen till date.

For facial animations, animations in general, character models, hair etc ND is best in the industry, so no doubts there.

3 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Dude, again?.. you're making me nervous. 

Yeah man. Unfortunately my ps4 went through hell as it had miserable fps drops playing through good portion of RDR2.(towns, crowded places, some chases etc)

Maybe I should try opening up and cleaning the console ?? 

Edited by kayten
Elaborated lol

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I wonder how the environments will look in comparison to RDR2, which has the best looking open-world i've seen till date.

Can this even be a comparison? A comparison between huge open world and semi linear world. Also RDR2  ground textures were pathetic. 

24 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Can this even be a comparison? A comparison between huge open world and semi linear world. Also RDR2  ground textures were pathetic. 

i think TLOU2 is open world but it's not contiguous like other games, you may be having 6-7 "open world" feeling maps, Dad of Boi does this with the 9 norse realms( idk if all 9 are playable, im still in early stages of game ).

In any case if the map is small and non contiguous it should be better for ND to optimize for fancy little bushes and swaying grass like in UC4 and the decaying buildings etc you would find in post apocalyptic setting.

Also any game you look at anything close enough it will be "pathetic".

In any case ND is the #1 among SIE studios and among the best in the industry for technical game engine stuff/graphics/animations, excited to see what they can squeeze out of PS4, it is the last big exclusive after all.

17 hours ago, Snake said:

To survive clickers, I'll give you the same advice they give to people going to prison.

Wanna live... get a shiv.

Yup.

What's even better in Left Behind is that Ellie has an unbreakable switchblade instead of a shiv :bigyellowgrin:

Man im super hyped and excited now after watching all the official videos posted by ND on YT...Its gonna be incredible experience i think.

Any news on Pre-load option? they have to allow us to pre-load the game 2-3 days early man :/

Edited by WhiteWolf

23 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

What's even better in Left Behind is that Ellie has an unbreakable switchblade instead of a shiv :bigyellowgrin:

That made the whole DLC and the ellie part in TLOU much easy for me.. Stealth or bottle/brick and blade. Gold! 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Man im super hyped and excited now after watching all the official videos posted by ND on YT...Its gonna be incredible experience i think.

Any news on Pre-load option? they have to allow us to pre-load the game 2-3 days early man :/

The preload option has been available for quite some time