The Last of Us : Part II

PS Fan

Super brutal apparently.

My playthrough of The Last of Us II felt terrible to experience. Over the course of my 27 hours with the game, it grew to the point of feeling nearly unbearable. This wasn’t because it asked me hard questions about my own capacity for harm or revenge, or pulled some Spec Ops: The Line-style moralizing about video game violence. Despite Druckmann’s promised “philosophical questions,” I never felt like the game asked me anything. Instead, it told me “brutality,” repeatedly and louder, until by the end I couldn’t hear what it was trying to say at all. Characters make hideous, irredeemable choices, over and over. Everybody suffers, physically and emotionally, in graphic detail. This is all intended to prove a point, but the only point I got from the game was simply to be required to stare at violence, and play through violence, and then do that again, and more, and again, and more.

DISLIKED - Violence and suffering overwhelmed the story, felt like brutality simply for the sake of it

Kotaku took 27 hours for a full playthrough

• Everyone dark, sad, angry all the time in-game
  • So many plot holes
  • Very slow padded to 20-25 hours which can be done in 10-15 hours
Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

Idc about the GS rating....that's fine ......but according to their review:

THE BAD

•  Much of the violence you inflict goes unexamined, which makes the gruesomeness of it just unpleasant
  •  Looting and collectible hunting can disrupt the pacing, and the presence of collectibles doesn't always fit the situation well

Point 1 ok fine i understand. But point 2 .....Really lol? How is it that bad?  :giggle: People just whine/crib way too much about small things.

Edited by kold_war

8 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Idc about the GS rating....that's fine ......but according to their review:

THE BAD

•  Much of the violence you inflict goes unexamined, which makes the gruesomeness of it just unpleasant
  •  Looting and collectible hunting can disrupt the pacing, and the presence of collectibles doesn't always fit the situation well

Point 1 ok fine i understand. But point 2 .....Really lol? How is it that bad?  :giggle: People just whine/crib way too much about small things.

This part is more idiotic

But like I said above, the kills that actually matter in the broader scope of the story happen in cutscenes. Some are triggered by a button prompt or preceded by a brawl, but it's all very controlled; it's not like you're killing these important people in a regular combat scenario, realizing with horror later what you've done. These are the kills that end up hurting the most, and they're going to happen no matter what you do or what you think of all the violence. That's why they work so well for the story, but that also leaves the rest of the bloodshed rather unexamined

What a retarded logic, he wants to decide if the main NPC can be killed or not, it's not a telltale game FFS or the new ubisoft crapola with choices.