The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

Is it just me or anybody felt like “Uncharted ‘Lost Legacy’ Meets Resident Evil” type feeling.. Jumps just like Nathan Drake :D Just blown away on how good the game looks after certain point.. just standing and taking pictures around.. ND :majesty:

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there any critical review of this game by a game journalists? I only see 10/10 everywhere and that makes me doubt the scores because even the best game ever made aka Witcher 3 did not have 10/10 by every single one.

I don't know how or why this game is 95/100. Witcher 3 at 93 is way better game overall. 

This is more of 8/10 at best. Majority of points for visuals, audio, presentation. Combat somewhat improved but nothing groundbreaking. Story is big meh so far. I don't feel attached to anything. First game there was much better connection between characters and story moved well. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

In a time like this when the world outside is a hazardous chaos why not just sit back and cherish a masterpiece? We are lucky in way we can do so. 

Absolutely. This sentiment really has gone missing on people who have posted some utterly baseless and caustic 'reviews'. 

To actually have a game that not only gives a bloody good excuse to keep yourself indoors, BUT ALSO maintains semblance of normalcy like it used to, only morbid people gonna be bashing a product in the vein they have done. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I def would like to see a rating based thread with STRICT instructions of cloaking reviews in spoiler tags. This being a major release in covid19 times, controversial material, suffered a leak, and ofc delayed release. Lots of things converging and hence it ll make for a good thread imo.

Want some good comparisons against other AAA title like GoW4, UC4... And most of em all RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2. The latter imo is the gold standard.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Is there any critical review of this game by a game journalists? I only see 10/10 everywhere and that makes me doubt the scores because even the best game ever made aka Witcher 3 did not have 10/10 by every single one.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Have a look at Kotaku, Vice, Polygon and Paste's review.

Their's more of a critical review, than outright gushing reviews of other sites.

35 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

They're all critical. 10/10 doesn't mean perfect non-critical review.

And it blows my mind that something like Witcher 3 got so many perfect scores, but maybe I look for different things in a game. Like gameplay for instance.

Their's more of a critical review, than outright gushing reviews of other sites.

Will give them a read, thank you.

And it blows my mind that something like Witcher 3 got so many perfect scores, but maybe I look for different things in a game. Like gameplay for instance.

That's the thing. Witcher 3 was universally loved and hailed as the best game since sliced bread but it still did not have all 10/10 and 100 reviews like this one has got. Because no game can be perfect. And while I agree it does not mean that the game is perfect but it definitely says that this game is a masterpiece which i am not 100% sure.

Will give them a read, thank you.

That's the thing. Witcher 3 was universally loved and hailed as the best game since sliced bread but it still did not have all 10/10 and 100 reviews like this one has got. Because no game can be perfect. And while I agree it does not mean that the game is perfect but it definitely says that this game is a masterpiece which i am not 100% sure.

3 hours ago, hope said:

You went to Museum? 

Museuem is one of the greatest moments ever for me. That whole section is absolutely magnificent :majesty:

Yup. Just played through that. Looks like I was speaking ND's language (in a way) when I posted that comment :lol:

And yes, that whole sequence was brilliant. ND really nails those sweet character moments without making them feel too cheesy.

And not only that, they're masters of building tension too. Credit to the intense background score as well on that front. Just fantastic!

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

And lord that seattle Day 1 graphics, i simply cannot stop drooling and exploring every corner.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah I thought the prologue looked alright, but then you hit Seattle and holy sh*t. Imagine being impressed by visuals in the last fking year of the generation, after you've seen what next-gen looks like. 

The visuals somehow keep getting better :lol:

f**king incredible!

Just got to Seattle Day 2 and it's apparently taken me around 11.5hrs. At this rate, I'm guessing it's going to take me at least 30hrs to complete the game.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Lots of games got more 10/10 than Witcher 3 this gen, it isn't that special in that regard. Persona 5 and P5R got more perfect scores, RDR2 got more perfect scores, Super Mario Odyssey and Smash both got more perfect scores, Half Life Alyx is up there with them, BotW got 3 times more 10/10s than Witcher 3. So why is this one suspect? 

When you scroll down the Metacritic page, Witcher's 10/10 streak ends pretty quickly even compared to something like RE2R.

45 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

Absolutely. This sentiment really has gone missing on people who have posted some utterly baseless and caustic 'reviews'. 

To actually have a game that not only gives a bloody good excuse to keep yourself indoors, BUT ALSO maintains semblance of normalcy like it used to, only morbid people gonna be bashing a product in the vein they have done. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I def would like to see a rating based thread with STRICT instructions of cloaking reviews in spoiler tags. This being a major release in covid19 times, controversial material, suffered a leak, and ofc delayed release. Lots of things converging and hence it ll make for a good thread imo.

Want some good comparisons against other AAA title like GoW4, UC4... And most of em all RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2. The latter imo is the gold standard.

If you're speaking graphics wise in RDR2 only lighting was godlike, and it was lighting that made everything look good, also very good looking interiors of areas and character clothes, the open world elements have faults if you stand and look, like the trees for example, meanwhile animations meh except for certain characters like Abigail who is very expressive, hair and beard are two rupees tier and absolutely last gen looking, the Bitcher 3 from 2015 has better hair on the main chars than RDR2 does on it's chars.

With most ND games it's perfection, and since this isn't contiguous open world they don't have to cut corners.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Skill Up’s review is legit. He is one of them reviewers who gives equal weight to gameplay.

Witcher 3 had terrible gameplay even back at launch but now with the new AC, monster hunter it's not even in the same league. Even dragon's dogma from last gen or the budget Ys titles have much better gameplay. Quest design is best in the business though, nothing even comes close. 

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Witcher 3 had terrible gameplay even back at launch but now with the new AC, monster hunter it's not even in the same league. Even dragon's dogma from last gen or the budget Ys titles have much better gameplay. Quest design is best in the business though, nothing even comes close. 

Gameplay was fine, animations were a bit wonky maybe? I mean the stats, spells, armor and portions actually mattered, if you played In death march or blood and broken bones difficulty.

I mean, I haven’t played the last of us 2 but imo Witcher 3 is the most balanced game of this generation when considering all aspects (I.e graphics, art design, music, mechanics, questing and open world etc) in total. Many other games did some aspects better than Witcher but as a total package, tough to beat Witcher 3.

Edited by kmkaks

Reached Seattle 2. Blown away by the game how it looks. Keeps getting better. The tense in environment totally gives the vibe.  The environment detailing and the conversation  between people/enemies are really intriguing :majesty:

Edited by GameAnalyzer

I'm playing at a snail's speed such that the ones who started playing after me are now ahead of me. :P

I just found out about TV Station. The real tension began now as human enemies started to show up. I'm still so pissed of the antagonists that I'm madly butchering each one of them. 

Edited by Heaven Angel