The Last of Us : Part II

PS Fan

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Posted this pic on instagram and got a like from Alanah Pearce :P

sMcvpKv.jpg

What's crazy is that all these reflections on wet floors, puddles, lakes etc, all of them, have cube maps manually added and aligned with SSR just to remove SSR artifacts (like you see in RE2R and Control). The amount of manpower and time required just to make them look not bad must be crazy, because the game has lot of puddles and wet surfaces.

20 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Starting this tonight. I'm wondering if I should choose Survivor difficulty! God damn I'm tempted from all the comments from people who are playing it on that difficulty and the punishing AI the game dishes out on it.

If you have played the first one, you should know the basics. I say start with normal and play till you reach Seattle Day 1 then change how you feel. You'll get good difficulty options to choose. 

f**k, Are we back ??

Guess more of them have finished during the down time :) I think I am about 50-60% done now, there were moments where I thought well game over and kahani mein twishat Shuru...

Spoiler

Finally I saw the back cover of my steel book also :D

Guys who are yet to play, please please avoid all the spoilers.. just stay away till you play it... 

Edited by Assassins Creed

I might be in the minority here but I am really enjoying 

Spoiler

playing as Abby in Seattle Round 2. Her story, setting and writing is a lot more engaging than Ellie's. Which isnt to say that Ellie's was bad but I think Abby's is better. I also love how much the game jumps back and forward in time to show you these vignettes of Ellie and Abby. Very Scorsese like, fantastic storytelling.  

(^^MID GAME MILD SPOILER)

I still feel like all ND games this one is a little too bloated. All of their games would work much better for me if they were around the 8 hour mark with a lot less filler combat. But again, I am pretty sure I am in the minority with that opinion too. 

Side note - I forget which idiot was laughing at Rishi's review mentioning this game has a lot of UC in it but stuff like that is why you should wait till you play the game and not just get salty at anyone who doesnt worship it with a 10/10. There IS a LOT of UC in this game's DNA. Much more so than LOU1, which felt nothing like UC. So many set pieces and puzzles would feel right at home in the UC series. The combat feels like a heavily pared back version of UC too.

Edited by Aftrunner

I remember the two moments that made the Last of Us  a permanent resident in my memory: first encounter with the clickers in that pitch black room, and the main theme.

The main theme, to this day, remains one of the tracks I use to audition speakers. The ronroco thrums and that sandy background chhan-chhan are, together, emotive melody. 

The first game made me want to get the CE for part two. And this was delivered yesterday. I am blown away. The quality, and the size of the packaging and statue is staggering. It is bad-a*s.

IMG_1755.jpeg?raw=1

IMG_1758.jpeg?raw=1

IMG_1760.jpeg?raw=1

Top cover off

IMG_1762.jpeg?raw=1

Greetings

IMG_1764.jpeg?raw=1

That hollowed box is very sturdy

IMG_1765%202.jpeg?raw=1

Statue packaging

IMG_1767.jpeg?raw=1

Top view

IMG_1768.jpeg?raw=1

This thing is giant!

IMG_1773.jpeg?raw=1

All of them

IMG_1776.jpeg?raw=1

Size comparison

IMG_1784.jpeg?raw=1

Look at the texture on the guitar

IMG_1786.jpeg?raw=1

The steelbook finish is really quite cool. It looks like hand-painted artwork on metal canvas

IMG_1788.jpeg?raw=1

Bruh

You know a team that cares about what they're doing was behind this, because this much attention to quality in detail wouldn't exist otherwise. 

Here's hoping the game doesn't suck too bad :D 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Reveal hidden contents

playing as Abby in Seattle Round 2. Her story, setting and writing is a lot more engaging than Ellie's. Which isnt to say that Ellie's was bad but I think Abby's is better. I also love how much the game jumps back and forward in time to show you these vignettes of Ellie and Abby. Very Scorsese like, fantastic storytelling.  

Same. 

IVG is back! Missed this thread now more than others...

Completed the TV Station last night wow... all the sneaking, stealth and the way the game immerses you is riveting. I'm taking this game slow, cherishing it while it lasts. In this game going Prone and knifing enemies is good way out of sticky situations.

Btw, Has anyone tried the High Contrast option under the Accessibility Menu in the game? The way the entire game changes to a gray and the enemies and resources/ collectibles are highlighted is so neat! Nifty thing to have when your inside dimly lit areas or shadows hunting for supplies.

19 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Reveal hidden contents

I still feel like all ND games this one is a little too bloated. All of their games would work much better for me if they were around the 8 hour mark with a lot less filler combat. But again, I am pretty sure I am in the minority with that opinion too. 

Side note - I forget which idiot was laughing at Rishi's review mentioning this game has a lot of UC in it but stuff like that is why you should wait till you play the game and not just get salty at anyone who doesnt worship it with a 10/10. There IS a LOT of UC in this game's DNA. Much more so than LOU1, which felt nothing like UC. So many set pieces and puzzles would feel right at home in the UC series. The combat feels like a heavily pared back version of UC too.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/the-last-of-us-part-ii/the-last-of-us-part-ii-length/

17 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Reveal hidden contents

The thing about gameplay is that it very much depends upon difficulty. On hard and Survivor, the game very much feels like TLoU1. But if you lower it to light or very light, it straight up plays like UC4. That video had dude playing with auto aim turned on, which is only available in Light and Very Light. This is what I said back then..

On 6/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, CarbonCore said:

You can fine tune the difficulty sliders to get it to play like Uncharted (minus the whip). Set resource scarcity to minimum, damage taken minimum while damage dealt max, mark every enemy on the map and then go mad with your unbreakable melee weapon.

And it turned out to be true.

3 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

I have been reading bad reviews and impressions from people who have finished the game. 

Cheerleading the graphics and gore apart, it would be very helpful if people can drop some genuine word abt the game. 

Its a solid 8/10, but not a 10/10 imo. Also the first game was better pacing and story wise, again IMO.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

I have been reading bad reviews and impressions from people who have finished the game. 

Cheerleading the graphics and gore apart, it would be very helpful if people can drop some genuine word abt the game. 

I'm about 8 hours into the game and nowhere close to finishing it but one thing I can say is the main element that has gripped me is the entire stealth gameplay mechanism which is beautifully implemented in this game. You can of course be more aggressive and engage enemies using your weapons (don't know how well you would do from the resources point of view though if you choose to do so) but sneaking up to enemies and downing them has been a very gratifying experience. Exploration and traversing through the terrain does feel very captivating due to the lovely graphical details ND has put in. Plus the soundtrack is very soothing as well. When your surrounded by enemies in an area and the way the sound from those Clickers travels to you... it's an uncanny experience!

If there's one thing I don't like is sometimes in certain sequences the game sort of pushes you to combat and with the limited resources you get and it gets excruciatingly difficult to come out unscathed. Definitely took me a few tries in certain segments. But I guess that's how this game is, it challenges you and makes you sweat! Those segments can turn very intense, very quickly.

Story has been solid so far, nothing I won't complain about and there has been once shocking twist while practically left me shaking early on. But it's still early stages and I'm yet to see the entire narrative being played out. Taking it slow. Sorry can't be of much more help regarding the meat of the story here but I'm sure others here who have completed the game will be pitching in. Still, just keying in my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

Im 20+ hours into the game and its one of the best games Ive played in some time. gfx are amazing, the gameplay is superb whether it be stealth or straight run in gun. The story is what 'some' people don't like. but most are alt right dirtbags. No Dev would have done what ND did with this story. Its a representation of the times we live in and more-so the current situation we are in where it wont take long before it all goes sideways.

Play the game and form your own opinion...and no, don't watch it on YouTube or lets play etc. It needs to be experienced

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 4:42 PM, PhantomShade said:

this is photo mode screenshot?

looks gorgeous.

Yeah, it's a photo mode screenshot. I've touched it up a bit on instagram though, which is why there's more clarity than what you get out of just the photo mode.

----------

A few more of those screenshots I took:

9UIblev.jpg

0JP6PY2.jpg

fuBDutc.jpg

KhUKENW.jpg

sBtKUKi.jpg

Lc1053Z.jpg

GWerV7V.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

the main element that has gripped me is the entire stealth gameplay mechanism which is beautifully implemented in this game. 

Yep. This is one of the positives mentioned in the mediocre-bad reviews. What I could sense that the backbone from the TLOU 1 has gone missing which was the Story/narration. 

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

gfx are amazing, the gameplay is superb whether it be... 

The story is what 'some' people don't like. but most are alt right dirtbags. No Dev would have done what ND did with this story...

Play the game and form your own opinion...and no, don't watch it on YouTube or lets play etc. It needs to be experienced

I don't go into the game while forming a rigid opinion of the game as that ll be detrimental to my enjoyment. But I have always been very circumspect with the games. Never the one to pick up a game cuz others were going bonkers (played TLOU 7 months back only). Giving due attention to spoiler free impressions to gauge if the game is worth the time and the money. First instalment was v satisfying due to the narration and this time that very element seems to be missing, or has gone haywire. 

And ofc avoiding anything TLOU on youtube. Its algo is way too eager and anxious. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

The first game made me want to get the CE for part two. And this was delivered yesterday. I am blown away. The quality, and the size of the packaging and statue is staggering. It is bad-a*s.

Neat captures mate, I got mine Day 1 and was surprised at the size of the Statue. please post in what you bought thread as well as some peeps might avoid this thread..