The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

3 minutes ago, Spacescreamer said:

Yep. This is one of the positives mentioned in the mediocre-bad reviews. What I could sense that the backbone from the TLOU 1 has gone missing which was the Story/narration. 

It hasn't gone missing, it's just the theme here is a lot different. Tlou 1 is all about bonding between the 2 characters and this is a straight up revenge story so far (10 hrs). Let's see if it pays off by the end and the the new characters are as memorable as the ones in the first game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hope said:

Completed the trailer section last night with that amazing stalker section. 

This is peak gaming.Never ever a game has blown me away like this in each and every aspect:majesty:

Every enemy in that section saw this

giphy.gif

Then later in another section you become

source.gif

I am genuinely liking this more than I liked LOU1. The story in LOU was better but this one has MUCH better storytelling. I dont know what direction the TV show LOU will go but I hope its this rather than LOU 1. It is actually impressive how it manages to juggle like 5 big characters and keep all of them interesting. Most video games cant manage one. The environmental story telling is absolutely sublime as well. Often I will go around checking every room near me not because I want loot but because I want to find more "letters" from people that died or moved on. Such excellent writing. 

Shame the gameplay is still very meh, better than the last one I guess but that is not saying much. Fighting the infected is still a snoozefest. Its not scary, its not intense, it just feels like a chore. Stalkers were a good idea but it needed way more variety and a few good boss fights. It has neither. The devs have to have known this too because I think that is why 2/3 of the combat is vs people (which is significantly more fun).

Also the upgrade skill tree is straight trash.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The thing about gameplay is that it very much depends upon difficulty. On hard and Survivor, the game very much feels like TLoU1. But if you lower it to light or very light, it straight up plays like UC4. That video had dude playing with auto aim turned on, which is only available in Light and Very Light. This is what I said back then..

And it turned out to be true.

Completely agree.

I really didn't enjoy UC4 gameplay that much. Enemies were bullet sponges and the level design was not that great. There were only 2-3 scenarios where they tried to create wide arenas but it didn't really work with the gameplay. Stealth was clunky and the moment you went loud you would enter the run and gun loop which is not that franchise's strength.

I really enjoyed TLOU1 gameplay on Survivor (which should've been the default) and on harder difficulties and the gameplay really worked with the wider level design and this game is that same experience but on steroids. I love love! how open the combat arenas are and how much freedom they give you. The combat is tense, full of consequences and a lot of fun. Add the resource management on top of it and it becomes so satisfying.

I've been playing on Hard and end up killing all enemies before checking for supplies and story notes. The loop I follow is -

- Prepare and craft stealth items (silencer and arrows)

- Start with stealth to whittle down enemy numbers. This includes molotovs and trap mines.

- Go loud with rifle/shotgun/revolver to finish off the remaining

- Scavenge for supplies before moving on

The level design allows for f**k ups if you get spotted. The prone and sliding through narrow gap mechanics really help with reentering stealth. 

But this also means that it takes a lot of time to progress through the game. Have played 20 hours or so and have only reached end of Seattle Day 2. But I'm loving it!

I understand ND wanting the game to be accessible, but they're doing a disservice to their gameplay by not recommending that people try the harder difficulties first. I felt the same way about TLOU1. If you're not liking the story and are playing on an easier difficulty, I can imagine that this game would be a chore to play.

44 minutes ago, Gautam said:

Completely agree.

I really didn't enjoy UC4 gameplay that much. Enemies were bullet sponges and the level design was not that great. There were only 2-3 scenarios where they tried to create wide arenas but it didn't really work with the gameplay. Stealth was clunky and the moment you went loud you would enter the run and gun loop which is not that franchise's strength.

I really enjoyed TLOU1 gameplay on Survivor (which should've been the default) and on harder difficulties and the gameplay really worked with the wider level design and this game is that same experience but on steroids. I love love! how open the combat arenas are and how much freedom they give you. The combat is tense, full of consequences and a lot of fun. Add the resource management on top of it and it becomes so satisfying.

I've been playing on Hard and end up killing all enemies before checking for supplies and story notes. The loop I follow is -

- Prepare and craft stealth items (silencer and arrows)

- Start with stealth to whittle down enemy numbers. This includes molotovs and trap mines.

- Go loud with rifle/shotgun/revolver to finish off the remaining

- Scavenge for supplies before moving on

The level design allows for f**k ups if you get spotted. The prone and sliding through narrow gap mechanics really help with reentering stealth. 

But this also means that it takes a lot of time to progress through the game. Have played 20 hours or so and have only reached end of Seattle Day 2. But I'm loving it!

I understand ND wanting the game to be accessible, but they're doing a disservice to their gameplay by not recommending that people try the harder difficulties first. I felt the same way about TLOU1. If you're not liking the story and are playing on an easier difficulty, I can imagine that this game would be a chore to play.

Yeah on Survivor it becomes a game of puzzle. For eg, you have one bullet in your rifle (but its upgraded to one shot kill), one smoke bomb, one brick and a bat with one hit left. You enter a room with 3 runners and two clickers. What do you do?

-kill one of the clickers with rifle round. 

-wait for runners to rush you and then throw smoke bomb at your feet

-stab all 3 runners while they're stunned

-throw the brick at last clicker and knock him dead with the bat

Now what actually happens is very different than how you saw it in your head, but that's the fun part :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, it's a photo mode screenshot. I've touched it up a bit on instagram though, which is why there's more clarity than what you get out of just the photo mode.

----------

A few more of those screenshots I took:

9UIblev.jpg

0JP6PY2.jpg

fuBDutc.jpg

KhUKENW.jpg

sBtKUKi.jpg

Lc1053Z.jpg

GWerV7V.jpg

Oh my lord these are amazing! would you mind If i used one of these to post on my Instagram? how do I give you credit?

• Like 2

Oh my lord these are amazing! would you mind If i used one of these to post on my Instagram? how do I give you credit?
Tag him using the @ symbol

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Tag him using the @ symbol

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

The Museum level is really fascinating. Naughty Dog got it spot on with the entire mood and dialogue exchange. :majesty:

Also, that level before you meet

Jesse

The area was practically swarming with enemies and dogs! Think I hardly stood up in that level, prone and slithered my way through. Thank God for the tall grass!

32 minutes ago, hussain said:

Don't mind at all. Feel free to use them :P

You can credit me using my instagram ID the_undeadpixel.

Just finished the game. Satisfied with the ending. The middle part literally made me feel it's an drawers opening simulator. Other than that it was good. Graphics and Gameplay 10/10. Gameplay was even better than LoU1. 

• Like 1