The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

That section after the Bridge is terryfying :fear1: I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. Tense sh*t that. 

Also give a pay rise to the person who suggested that Stalkers can be used like that :P

Human AI is absolutely brilliant here. I am having more fun in human encounters than the infected. 

I m playing on Hard n I think Hard is the best difficulty to play first time.

Cleaned up a whole area with practically no bullets. Cat n Mouse was excellent there. Loved it. Saved that replay gonna upload it :P

M 18 hours in now. Hope its not finishing soon. 

Edited by hope

7 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Man that tunnel level :nerves:

Hopefully there were no collectibles in there. All I hoped was it to just end. Didn't have courage to play afterwards. Looks like I finished Day 1

Yup same thing happened to me in a later level. Damn dogs are vicious! I just lay on my tummy and slithered my way through to the next area. Didn't even bother with resource collection and exploration, avoiding engaging the enemies and dogs at all costs.

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah on Survivor it becomes a game of puzzle. For eg, you have one bullet in your rifle (but its upgraded to one shot kill), one smoke bomb, one brick and a bat with one hit left. You enter a room with 3 runners and two clickers. What do you do?

-kill one of the clickers with rifle round. 

-wait for runners to rush you and then throw smoke bomb at your feet

-stab all 3 runners while they're stunned

-throw the brick at last clicker and knock him dead with the bat

Now what actually happens is very different than how you saw it in your head, but that's the fun part :lol: 

OT in a way, but i will be playing TLOU Remastered soon, is it ok to play on Survivor from the start or should i have a normal game and the survivor on ng+ ?

10 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Man that tunnel level :nerves:

Hopefully there were no collectibles in there. All I hoped was it to just end. Didn't have courage to play afterwards. Looks like I finished Day 1

There were actually, even I missed some.. Gotta grind later.. I was belting some beers also during this level finished in tipsy mode lol

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

OT in a way, but i will be playing TLOU Remastered soon, is it ok to play on Survivor from the start or should i have a normal game and the survivor on ng+ ?

Part 1 is lot more brutal on Survivor, mainly because

-Joel can't dodge, which means if a zombie swipes at you, you get hit. And you die in like 3 hits.

-Joel can't jump, which means most levels are flat and you're never completely out of enemy's visual cone.

-Stealth is not analog, which means once you're discovered you can't run away and hide and reset the stealth state. Everyone will know where you are at all times until they're all dead.

-You don't get a knife, you get shivs. And they break, like a lot. Which means clickers are a real threat in part 1 until you get bow and arrow.

-No Listen mode in Survivor.

Despite what people say Ellie is lot more OP because she has invincible knife, can dodge like ninja, can run and hide, and in regular melee she's not any less brutal than Joel. This is why Part 2 Hard equivalent to Part 1 Normal and Part 2 Survivor is Part 1 Hard. Part 2 Normal is basically Uncharted with less quipping.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

So, the first time when you enter Seattle and get to explore the semi-open world, are all the buildings explorable or only the ones that Ellie marks on the map as she goes around?

there is LOT to explore here,make sure you are going to every corner.. she only marks when she goes to that location, 

9 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

there is LOT to explore here,make sure you are going to every corner.. she only marks when she goes to that location, 

I am going to every corner as much as I can...there are few well hidden areas. But while roaming around, she only marks some of the places. There are couple of interesting landmarks/ buildings which she does not mark and I have not found any obvious ways of entering these places. Just wondering if there are alternate ways of entering them.

8 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I am going to every corner as much as I can...there are few well hidden areas. But while roaming around, she only marks some of the places. There are couple of interesting landmarks/ buildings which she does not mark and I have not found any obvious ways of entering these places. Just wondering if there are alternate ways of entering them.

Nope, don't try too much. She will obviously not mark all the squares in the map as some of them cannot be entered. There is one place which gives you location of the other place, hope you got that already.. If you are done with all you will be rewarded with 'Sightseeing' . My suggestion on first play is do as much as you can but don't try deep grinding, can always replay it again for trophies if you are going for PLAT.

Edited by Assassins Creed

The chicks couldn't open a glass jar but have strength to choke fully grown zombies, men and even clickers from behind and brutally murder them? I laughed at that scene. The game is only fun when fighting human enemies, especially when cover is blown. The combat is visceral and the stumbles when you or enemies get shot add a different dimension to shooting which is not present in any other game. I prefer breaking stealth when human enemies are around.

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Nope, don't try too much. She will obviously not mark all the squares in the map as some of them cannot be entered. There is one place which gives you location of the other place, hope you got that already.. If you are done with all you will be rewarded with 'Sightseeing' we can always reply it. My suggestion on first play is do as much as you can but don't try deep grinding, can always play it again for trophies if you are going for PLAT.

You mean the key to the side entrance of a shop...I got that.

Yeah, I am thinking on similar lines too. Not go overboard on exploring the map.

BTW, obvious ND stamp of excellence throughout but nothing as yet makes me understand why everyone is so fawning over this. Maybe, this is gonna change as the game progresses.

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The chicks couldn't open a glass jar but have strength to choke fully grown zombies, men and even clickers from behind and brutally murder them? I laughed at that scene. The game is only fun when fighting human enemies, especially when cover is blown. The combat is visceral and the stumbles when you or enemies get shot add a different dimension to shooting which is not present in any other game. I prefer breaking stealth when human enemies are around.

Ellie just stabs them, the other character thought is a freight train

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ellie just stabs them, the other character thought is a freight train

Nah she grabs them from behind, choking them and then cuts their throat. Every stealth kill from behind is like that, she grabs them by throat, overpowers them and then cuts their throat, and the blood splatters in exactly same way for every single death. Other character is laughably overblown. 

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

First thing I do when I see a dog is take it out from afar using bow+arrow. They are a big pain in the a**. Absolutely hate them (because of the AI they have and I always have to move) :fogug:

I'll be trying this strategy today when I sit with the game. The dogs made me seriously jumpy yesterday. :wOOtjumpy:

Also, any particular way to kill the Shamblers quietly? Ellie can't grab them from behind or kill them with her knife like she can with human enemies and other infected enemies. When a Shambler is present I just sneak and avoid them. They are pretty slow moving creatures so I just stay clear of them. Take down the other infected in the surroundings.

Edited by Black_Hawk