The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

Stalkers are the worst. 

I literally had to pause the game on my first encounter with one. It f**king watched me from the door opening at the far end of the corrider and ran away. And pressing R1 wouldnt reveal anything.

stalkers are the very thing that nightmares are made of

Edited by pArth
  • Like 1

So annoyed right now. I literally haven't had the time to play the last few days. Was hoping to finish over the weekend but got asked to cover a shift for someone who's unwell.

Tomorrow f**k it, as soon as shift ends I'm hopping to the couch and starting. Should be able to put in a good 4 hours before I have to wake up my kid for school.

Edited by Walker

Stalkers are the worst, completely destroys the gameplay loop. I just turned on slow-mo aiming because fk it, can't handle jump scare enemies that rush you in groups. I don't use listen mode so them not showing up is not an issue, but for some reason they know exactly where you are all the time. And the fkers tiptoe like Scooby Doo so you can't hear them rushing you from the side or behind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Stalkers are the worst, completely destroys the gameplay loop. I just turned on slow-mo aiming because fk it, can't handle jump scare enemies that rush you in groups. I don't use listen mode so them not showing up is not an issue, but for some reason they know exactly where you are all the time. And the fkers tiptoe like Scooby Doo so you can't hear them rushing you from the side or behind.

I just had the most intense 30 minutes and f**k me if it wasnt loaded with the f**kers. They peep out at you from every damn nook and cranny and then run off into the darkness. The worst is when you see one from afar and then it scurries off or darts between doorways.

8 hours ago, pArth said:

Stalkers are the worst. 

I literally had to pause the game on my first encounter with one. It f**king watched me from the door opening at the far end of the corrider and ran away. And pressing R1 wouldnt reveal anything.

stalkers are the very thing that nightmares are made of

Oh dude. They look at you so creepily :fear1: The first encounter with them, i ran n ran but couldnt find a way out then began an intense session of where are you and where will you come from :fear1:

1 hour ago, Masterjack said:

This is a fantastic game.Do not understand all the hate it is getting .

The Stalker section of the game is creepy as hell.This game has more of horror elements than the first game .

Its tough to return to any other game after playing this one .The quality is top notch.

ya indeed.....damn those stalkers :ranting: empty bottle, molotov+ shotgun combo ftw 
but god they are annoying 

The stalkers are great, you an see them staring at you from behinds desks, pillars, doorways etc and as soon as you spot them they scurry away. That's when this applies

Stalkers were able to ruin my stealth approach in every encounter. I hate 'em so much.

7 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

That Abby sequence from the trailer ...:nerves:

I'm pretty desensitized to violence in entertainment thanks to years of playing violent games/watching movies but this game goes the extra lap

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

I'm pretty desensitized to violence in entertainment thanks to years of playing violent games/watching movies but this game goes the extra lap

But the whole sequence thereafter is atmospheric as hell and stress inducing as f**k.  This one can be a bonafide horror game sometimes. 

• Like 1

Looks like every morning I'm going to be saying wtf. This game keeps on giving. f**king ND really knows how to tug on the heartstrings.. Few more chapters to go I guess but man I'm going to be lost when it's done. I can feel it.

I thought the start was devastating but man this game can really pull you in and down. 

• Like 1

I was just taking a stroll in the evening when i heard someone whistle a couple of times. I almost ran to look for a cover ?. Man the game is super intense and more atmospheric than the first one & at times i feel i am there experiencing it first hand. The game looks beautiful, don’t know if it is just me but i did not see any drop in the graphics when transitioning from a cutscene to gameplay. 

A couple of times i felt it is dragging with no progression in the story. But everything that followed such instances was worth waiting for. 

I am genuinely having sleepless nights due to the game. it is far more scary thn the first one. I generally play at night after everyone is asleep with lights off and headphones. But this makes me sh*t in my pants even in broad daylight. With last of us 2 i just shut down my console when everyone is off to bed cant take anymore jump scares at night ?

• Haha 1

My sessions start at 5am these days. Sometimes my daughter wakes up early and scares the bejezus out of me when she plops down on the couch beside me. Headphones and lights out create all sorts of interesting tunnel vision scenarios :lol:

On 7/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, Heaven Angel said:

The little details in this game. Abby is acrophobic and whenever she's on the edge the camera starts shaking and she starts breathing heavily. :majesty:

Even I was amazed by this detail. Truly amazing

12 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

I was just taking a stroll in the evening when i heard someone whistle a couple of times. I almost ran to look for a cover ?. Man the game is super intense and more atmospheric than the first one & at times i feel i am there experiencing it first hand. The game looks beautiful, don’t know if it is just me but i did not see any drop in the graphics when transitioning from a cutscene to gameplay. 

:lol: