The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

there's a sale for this & ghost of tsushima, between the two, which one would you recommend ? I've played the first TLOU and loved it (probably in my top 5 games of PS3 gen), but from the trailers, this game hasn't appealed to me yet.  

I played both. For me its TLOU2>GOT anyday. When you will start playing TLou2. right from start only everything in the game feels so serious and intense and there are many great moments in the game. I would recommend you playing this game on headphone.

When you will start playing you will be blown away by seeing how much polished, detailed game this is. (characters, dialogues, AI Movements, how AI reacts to things differently etc.)

Edited by GameAnalyzer

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

thanks for all the inputs guys, looks like both are must-play games .... making the choice more difficult :ack:

Get both if you can. They're both excellent games, especially at current prices.

The Golden Joystick Awards are on.

So far TLoU2 has won: Best Storytelling,Best Visual Design,Best Audio, Studio of The Year

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

I finished in around 40 hours on survivor difficulty.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

Abbey’s part during that burning building, skyscraper bridge and hospital basement felt amazing. Also, I was shocked to see drastic physical change in Abbey during the last encounter. Also, it’s a real shame that Ellie couldn’t play the guitar because she lost her fingers. Didn’t finish revenge and lost ability to play guitar, a big lose-lose scenario 

Edited by Joe Cool

49 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

*Spoilers*

Spoiler

Closure, according to me was the motive and she got that. Killing her wasn't worth it and that's why she left Abbey alive. It'd have been a lose-lose scenario if she fought with Abby, Abby escapes with Ellie's fingers in her pocket.

Edited by Snake

14 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:
Spoiler

Closure, according to me was the motive and she got that. Killing her wasn't worth it and that's why she left Abbey alive. It'd have been a lose-lose scenario if she fought with Abby, Abby escapes with Ellie's fingers in her pocket.

SPOILERS

Spoiler

When Tommy urged Ellie to go after Abbey, she had absolutely no need to go. She had Dina, baby, a happy life and even Abbey had let go of Ellie. Ellie didn’t need to do anything at all. But she gave up all that to go after Abbey one last time to fully finish the revenge. That was a huge good thing which she gave up for a chance at revenge. But while pursuing that revenge, she let revenge go at the very last moment and after losing her fingers, her only connection to Joel via a guitar. That’s just sad.

Edited by Joe Cool

35 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Spoiler

When Tommy urged Ellie to go after Abbey, she had absolutely no need to go. She had Dina, baby, a happy life and even Abbey had let go of Ellie. Ellie didn’t need to do anything at all. But she gave up all that to go after Abbey one last time to fully finish the revenge. That was a huge good thing which she gave up for a chance at revenge. But while pursuing that revenge, she let revenge go at the very last moment and after losing her fingers, her only connection to Joel via a guitar. That’s just sad.

Spoiler

Ellie's life wasn't exactly a happy one. Yes, she did have a lot to be happy for but she was still so haunted by her own guilt and Joel's memories that she had started having panic attacks and sleepless nights. So one of the reasons she went after Abby was her belief that she can maybe put an end to all that by killing her. It is only at the last moment that she realizes that killing Abby won't bring her peace.

Also, It didn't quite end up as a lose-lose situation for her. By not killing Abby, she stopped herself from completely turning into an irredeemable monster. And letting her go actually helped her in letting go of Joel as well, which is signified by her leaving the guitar behind. And finally moving on from Joel is a good thing for her.

I think it would've been a devastatingly lose-lose scenario if she had actually killed Abby because she would have lost herself in the process.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 2

Guys just wanna share my experience with all of you - this is gaming at its peaks. Loved every second of it.!! So glad I stayed the f**k away from all the spoilers on the net. Enjoyed the game with zero prior knowledge. The way it was meant. 

• Like 5