The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

10 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Reminds me of the MassEffect 3 RGB explosion ending fiasco and ArTiStiC InTeGriDy bullshit afterwards :rofl:

Dude go n play this game and avoid this thread for now :P . You may or not like the story but you will absolutely love the gameplay and graphics. ND nailed these 2 parts to perfection. 

Also I didn't play Mass effect series so have no idea . 

Edited by Krazyniks

5 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Dude go n play this game and avoid this thread for now :P . You may or not like the story but you will absolutely love the gameplay and graphics. ND nailed these 2 parts to perfection. 

Also I didn't play Mass effect series so have no idea . 

Don't like the story, know the gist of it, i'm just here for gameplay/graphics/scenery, ND best at technical excellence.

Besides only this and GoT remain on PS4, i've played the rest of the exclusives.

• Like 1

whether a story is good or not / was told in right manner or not are all subjective matters . There is no absolute fact/truth about such things. Can't say anything with certainty. 

Also I don't want to offend anyone here with my opinion about something which i am not as passionate about as others are . So will excuse myself from this thread now 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

The most awarded game of all time celebrates 2 years of worldwide release. 

also the only game that I’ve seen where the competition (MS)

was just showering praises 

The visual quality and attention to detail in The Last of Us Part II is absolutely best-in-class in basically every area, and the overall presentation is significantly ahead of anything that other teams have been producing on console and PC.

We were frequently stunned by the quality of the game’s visuals, something that sadly seldom happens these days. It’s even more impressive considering that the game feature two separate player characters with different groups of allies, in different locations, along with flashback sequences taking place years before. It features a shockingly wide variety of environments, weather, and day cycles in locations ranging from Wyoming to California.

17 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

The visual quality and attention to detail in The Last of Us Part II is absolutely best-in-class in basically every area, and the overall presentation is significantly ahead of anything that other teams have been producing on console and PC.

We were frequently stunned by the quality of the game’s visuals, something that sadly seldom happens these days. It’s even more impressive considering that the game feature two separate player characters with different groups of allies, in different locations, along with flashback sequences taking place years before. It features a shockingly wide variety of environments, weather, and day cycles in locations ranging from Wyoming to California.

They also had a critique you are conveniently missing.

35 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Agreed, don't think I've ever seen such a case for any game in any other platform. 

17 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

I think it was supposed to add on to the fact that it is the highest awarded game ever, which is evident from the main competitors awe in their internal review. 

Edited by gecko89

14 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

save that for the versus thread.  You don’t need to be insecure about a ps game getting praise that you jump straight to finding faults. 

My post was meant to add on to the “most awarded game” post by user above 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, roun90 said:

What the heck is the context for this? "Fans" only have a say insofar as they buy the game or not. Canon is always determined by Sony/ND (And Neil Druckmann so long as he is a part of ND).

How is it any different from movies? 

Do you complain about movie ticket prices and ask for refunds if you don’t like a movie you watch? 

It’s their game. 
Fans have no right to demand changes in the story. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Both TLOU threads are in top in this subforum, Xbots ki dhoti me sahi me aag lagi hui hai :rofl:

No Xbots in these threads . PS users  - those who liked the game and those who didn't like the story of the game :P . Game itself was one of the best games of PS4 generation.

• Like 1

I liked the game as a technical showcase, bold storyline choices and sheer quality of animations. I didn't like the story or playing as Abby but by the time I finished the game, I understood why Niel chose to do it this way and it was far more impactful as we were playing the second half of game with a lot of hatred for the character we were controlling. I just didn't like the ending. 

Spoiler

She killed f**king 100s of nobodies who didnt do anything to her but when it was time to kill Abby she couldn't go through with it. I call it bullshit. She killed a f**king pregnant lady but cant kill the person who played Golf ultimate with her father figure's brain matter. 

3 hours ago, Vamos said:

How is it any different from movies? 

Do you complain about movie ticket prices and ask for refunds if you don’t like a movie you watch? 

It’s their game. 
Fans have no right to demand changes in the story

Have you seen the show HIMYM ? Fans didn't like the end . The makers made a new ending - cut out some scenes got voiceover work done . And included it in the DVD set . 

Of course fans have no legal right to ask for making changes but respecting fan's opinions and taking criticism positively is something every studio should do whether they make movies or games. 

But yeah i get it's difficult to do that if half of your fans are d*cks and abuse director and even threaten to murder a voice actor

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Both TLOU threads are in top in this subforum, Xbots ki dhoti me sahi me aag lagi hui hai :rofl:

lol I wish the hate for Part 2 was about console wars, that would've been way more innocent than the actual reason for hate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I liked the game as a technical showcase, bold storyline choices and sheer quality of animations. I didn't like the story or playing as Abby but by the time I finished the game, I understood why Niel chose to do it this way and it was far more impactful as we were playing the second half of game with a lot of hatred for the character we were controlling. I just didn't like the ending. 

Hide contents

She killed f**king 100s of nobodies who didnt do anything to her but when it was time to kill Abby she couldn't go through with it. I call it bullshit. She killed a f**king pregnant lady but cant kill the person who played Golf ultimate with her father figure's brain matter. 

when she meets abby for the final showdown, abby is already f**ked up badly and almost like a zombie. and she might have seens parallels between her and joel with abby and that trans kid. also that scene when it cuts to joel playing guitar when she's drowing abby at the end ?. can see why she would let go of her hate. 

17 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

I just didn't like the ending. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That's because she realized that she had turned into the exact same revenge fueled person that Abby once was and that it got her nowhere. Abby spared Ellie at the theater when she could just as easily taken her out then and there, but Lev was able to convince her to let Ellie go. Ellie has major PTSD when she went back to her regular life with Dina, so much so that it consumed her fears and spread the hate even more. She left the last family she had behind in a quest to hunt down Abby. 

The final scene is extremely pivotal as it shows the state Abby's in and that she has no more desire to fight Ellie at all. Why? Because she has changed. She now has a purpose; protect Lev and take care of him. While Ellie ignores everything she says and keeps provoking, threatens to kill Lev (who is innocent btw) and thus coaxing Abby to fight her. You can see two parallels being drawn here. Ellie rage had blinded her of empathy and Abby's desire to protect Lev has shed her previous ill feelings. She beats the living hell out of Abby and it's only toward the end when she's about to drown her, she gets a small flasback of Joel smiling and let's go of her. It's a small moment but you realize that you're killing someone if front of another person and what impact it could have on them. If you keep going down the revenge path, you will fall in the same loop and there won't be any end to it.

Abby spared Ellie and Ellie spared her; they broke that chain and all the deaths prior to that is basically, collateral damage. Doesn't matter how many Ellie killed or Abby; it's just how the story end has to put things into perspective for the players. If you have watched American History X, you'll understand the desire for hatred just fuels doom for you (or your loved ones). If you watch the ending of that movie, you'll see how the atrocities Norton's character had committed in the past eventually catches up to him. Unfortunately, this is after he realizes that he had to let go of all the hate and bigotry he had in him and has changed. You'll see the same them eventually leading to forgiveness and redemption in various forms of media.  

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1