The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Hmm. I might actually play this game if I get it for free and am bored out of my mind.

That means you are just an opportunist at the end of the day. All your ideals (of not touching the game as it depicts a certain point of view) goes out of the window once the object of dislike (in this case, tlou2) becomes free. 

Edited by radicaldude

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

That means you are just an opportunist at the end of the day. All your ideals (of not touching the game as it depicts a certain point of view) goes out of the window once the object of dislike (in this case, tlou2) becomes free. 

Trust me, I'm still on the fence on this one. The only factor attracting me is the graphics, but that might soon disappear as better looking games on the PS5 starts coming out.

I bought it on ps4 and yet to complete this.  The first game was outstanding and loved it, but gave up on this after a couple of hours as i felt the game was too demanding in terms of attention and focus. Also the mood was too depressing. Maybe I'll pick this up over a long weekend some day, when I've sufficient time, but from what i played this didn't feel like a game you could play over a quick break.

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Last of us franchise has sold 37Mil as of Dec 2022. Guess that puts Part 2 at 17Mil? 

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_10th_anniversary_kickoff?s=09

Haha. Clever way to hide Part 2's subpar sales. Also no way bruh. If I recally correctly, the game sold 4 million copies in the first week and 6 million copies in the next 2 years. No way it sold 7 million copies more in the next 10 months after reaching 10 million sales.

I'm guessing the 27 mil must be from the original and its remake.

Edited by Kumar123

12 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Last of us franchise has sold 37Mil as of Dec 2022. Guess that puts Part 2 at 17Mil? 

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_10th_anniversary_kickoff?s=09

Great numbers. TLOU2 must also be selling well considering that they still haven't added it to any psplus tier yet. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Started the game for first time, I know quite late to the party. 

Was aware of THAT scene, but dang it still hits hard :cry:

You should stay away from this thread (even Tlou 1 PS5 thread) till you finish the game - quite a few spoilers here still .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the story. 

What a game, it doesn't hit the same peak as Part 1 but a wholly different peak imo. The mostly extended gameplay from Part 1 is so buttery smooth. And so much bigger and longer than Part 1, loved the entire experience. Don't think there is any game out there that evokes so many emotions and with such veracity. Also, the graphics, attention to detail and fidelity, it's no surprise Sonys competitor wrote an internal document about why the game and Naughty Dog are a generation ahead. What ND and Dr. Uckmann conjures with the PS5 for LoU Part 3 will be nothing short of magical.

Spoiler

The story, I honestly don't get the hate Abby gets. Of course I hated her character too for what she did, but after seeing her perspective, it kinda makes sense. That said, making Joel suffer and prolonging his death was a dick move and she got what was coming for her at the end. The last Ellie-Joel flashback scene was so so satisfying, just knowing the last exchange of words between them were of understanding and a hopeful future for their relationship. 

If anyone deserves to be hated, it's Lev, f**ker was directly responsible for Yara's death. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Completed the story. 

What a game, it doesn't hit the same peak as Part 1 but a wholly different peak imo. The mostly extended gameplay from Part 1 is so buttery smooth. And so much bigger and longer than Part 1, loved the entire experience. Don't think there is any game out there that evokes so many emotions and with such veracity. Also, the graphics, attention to detail and fidelity, it's no surprise Sonys competitor wrote an internal document about why the game and Naughty Dog are a generation ahead. What ND and Dr. Uckmann conjures with the PS5 for LoU Part 3 will be nothing short of magical.

Reveal hidden contents

The story, I honestly don't get the hate Abby gets. Of course I hated her character too for what she did, but after seeing her perspective, it kinda makes sense. That said, making Joel suffer and prolonging his death was a dick move and she got what was coming for her at the end. The last Ellie-Joel flashback scene was so so satisfying, just knowing the last exchange of words between them were of understanding and a hopeful future for their relationship. 

If anyone deserves to be hated, it's Lev, f**ker was directly responsible for Yara's death. 

So, worse than the first?