The Last of Us : Part II

WhiteWolf

The Last Of Us official podcast, I feel, is THE definitive take on both the games.

It feels good to feel validated that a lot of my interpretations about the story, characters are in fact how the writers had meant it to be.

Great content. Brought back lot of memories including this one. Feels like ages since I have played TLOU2

Pretty awesome how they managed to automate some of that stuff in the engine itself. I remember Insomniac had to record two different sets of dialog for Peter, one when he's standing/walking and another when he's swinging around (so he sounded out of breath). And it would instantly switch between the two based on what you're doing. Also in LoU1 and 2, if you have clickers around, Ellie and Joel will speak in whispered tone. But if you kill them first, the same dialog will be in normal tone.

49 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its more pronounced in certain areas and less in others. You can also tweak certain settings in TV to make it go away, like noise filter, sharpening, contrast etc.

Will tinker with those a bit.

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Goddammit :wallbash:

that was the only annoying bit about this game for me. on a 4K HDR monitor setup you will never get used to the grain effect since it is WAY TOO NOTICEABLE when compared with a tv/couch gaming setup. It's noticeable because its very inconsistent, early chapters have it overused while later it gets better. So many accessibility options are there, they could have easily added a simple grain filter toggle too, especially when UC games had those multiple effect filters and whatnot.  :ranting:

For me no amount of tinkering made the effect less noticeable, best to get used to it. Everything about the game is super immersive so you'd probably forget about it after a while. Although I ended the game with a "turn this retarded effect off and visuals will be 2x" mood :P

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

that's was the only annoying bit about this game for me. on a 4K HDR monitor setup you will never get used to the grain effect since it is WAY TOO NOTICEABLE when compared with a tv/couch gaming setup. It's noticeable because its very inconsistent, early chapters have it overused while later it gets better. So many accessibility options are there, they could have easily added a simple grain filter toggle too, especially when UC games had those multiple effect filters and whatnot.  :ranting:

For me no amount of tinkering made the effect less noticeable, best to get used to it. Everything about the game is super immersive so you'd probably forget about it after a while. Although I ended the game with a "turn this retarded effect off and visuals will be 2x" mood :P

Yep, will just have to get used to it.