Buying in-game items

themasterchief

As long you buy through an official provider, you shouldn't have any problem.

Blizzard doesn't store your CVV number. Even CC details are saved only when the user wants it to. This goes for all official providers actually.

You can read their privacy policy.

I often buy in-game items for titles like World of Warcraft, but I'm wondering... do you guys feel safe giving account info online? I've been using credit cards, but now I'm not sure if that's the best choice...

BTW, what's the most expensive in-game item you've bought?

i dont play games which promotes 'pay-to-win' culture. There are many other avenues of earning money for Devs but in-game items should be unlocked via progress/level etc...

As long you buy through an official provider, you shouldn't have any problem.

Blizzard doesn't store your CVV number. Even CC details are saved only when the user wants it to. This goes for all official providers actually.

You can read their privacy policy.

Ah, interesting. That makes me feel a bit safer!

Most of the time I've used PayPal or paysafecard when buying in-game items. Although have you heard of Stripe or Authorize? I checked this list of online payment options and was surprised that I never heard of them...

i dont play games which promotes 'pay-to-win' culture. There are many other avenues of earning money for Devs but in-game items should be unlocked via progress/level etc...

Hmm I understand not wanting to pay... but it can take forever to earn things naturally and I'm too lazy sometimes!

The most expensive in-game item would have been a card expansion for Hearthstone...but this shortcut kinda spoiled my likeness to gradually progress by playing instead of paying :( Its not exactly safe from hackers as some sites save CVV as well in an encrypted form.

No. Have never heard or used Stripe or Authorize. Only Paypal/Webmoney and sometimes direct CC.

As far as I know, no official seller saves CVV. Even when your card is stored on Blizzard server, it still asks you to enter CVV detail every time you buy. Even when buying via in-game.

(if you check out via the web, most of them take you to CC page where you are asked to enter your own password).

Regarding buying in-game items, it's either spending time or money. Essentially it's same.

Archived