Yakuza 6

Shadoken

There is a adult chat mini game in this, is it optional and can it be skipped?

Also is there nudity in this ? I won't be able to play the game if it has nudity and NSFW content. If it can be skipped by not even triggering a sequence or mini game then great.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-04-22-uk-god-of-war-launch-is-the-biggest-in-the-series-history

The new Yakuza title - Yakuza 6: Song of Life - arrived on PS4 and debuts at No.3. It is the biggest launch for a Yakuza game yet. It beat the previous best - 2017's Yakuza Kiwami - by 300 units. 
Good to see it's still doing well even though it came out just before GoW.

This thread is going to blow up once everyone is done with God of war [emoji16].

41 minutes ago, Monokuma said:

Good to see it's still doing well even though it came out just before GoW.

This thread is going to blow up once everyone is done with God of war emoji16.png.

Every time I read one of your posts, the music from Danganronpa plays in my head(the one which plays when Monokuma suddenly appears).It is creepy man :rofl:

Enjoying the game so far however coming from 0 to this is a let down :( i am on chapter 5 and even though the game is really good, it lacks the capability to engage me time to time. Hope it picks up speed in further chapters.

Spoiler

Carrying the damn kid everywhere is a pain in the a*s

• 2 weeks later...
Bought yakuza kiwami today. I'll complete kiwami first. This game is already in my inventory.  [emoji14]
Where did you buy Kiwami from?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, adity said:

I'll be starting the game today. Where can I get a summary of the stuff that happened in Yakuza 2,3,4 and 5?

The memories section within Yakuza 6 main menu is enough for you to give an idea of what happened in 2,3,4 and 5.

You dont really need to know the entire story of previous games to enjoy this one , the starting has enough of a flashback to get you familiar with the cast. Why not just play Kiwami 1 and 2 later ? Instead of spoiling everything.

Edited by Shadoken

The reason why I havent started Y6 is because I want to play Y2 (& others) first and see how Kiryu becomes what he is in Y6. Also since this is like last kiryu game so once I know what will happen to kiryu in Y6,  my interest in other Yakuza games will hit rock bottom.

Edited by kaka_messi

• 1 year later...

Combat of 0 is better and more deep and varied than 6.

Multiple stances were better : rush stance was smooth.

Here it is about spamming the same combo more.

Also have become Overpowered as have boosted attack to 200 and have been doing clan battles,side stuff.

Also the empty plot storyline and flashback after every chapter and emotions of yakuza 0 and multiple storylines coming together was next level.

6 not that worthy of a finale, missing the intensity, still very good but not on the level of 0.

Baseball last team took 7-8 tries, only had one external player and I have zero idea about positions.

And fishing last stage would have been impossible with the basic spearguns.

Might go for the platinum : 75 clan battles and hostesses stuff I never understood in 0 would be grindy.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Also the empty plot storyline and flashback after every chapter and emotions of yakuza 0 and multiple storylines coming together was next level.

6 not that worthy of a finale, missing the intensity, still very good but not on the level of 0.

Dude you've played 6 immediately after 0. Of course it will not feel like a worthy finale. The "finale" part is for Kiryu and those who have played plenty of games will find plenty of things to feel emotional over. I would have said you should play Kiwami after Y0, then Kiwami 2 (This game actually has the conclusion of Majima's story in Yakuza 0 with Makimura Makoto - the blind girl you help in Majima's Story in 0). Then play 6 (Don't play the PS3 games - 3,4 and 5 until their remaster comes West, the combat is borderline unplayable now). Even with that your "Finale" aspects would have increased by tons.

Though I agree with you on one thing - the combat is definitely a downgrade from Yakuza 0. Also I didn't like the whole "5 different types of exp" thing they had going on, most of which was based on what food you ate in the restaurants (Kiwami 2 also does this). The good news is they've scrapped that system in their latest game - Judgement and brought back the good old Style based combat and a single experience system called "SP" which you get from pretty much everything you do; combat - Get SP; side quest - Get SP; Eat a new dish - Get SP; Buy some items - get SP; play a mini game - get SP; Main Story progress - Get SP etc. So I get the feeling that the team has gotten used to the new engine and future  games from now on will expand the style combat and one type of experience system to pretty much go back and even improve on Yakuza 0.

Do note though that Judgement has 2 styles (Crane for battling multiple mobs, based on the rush style and Tiger for battling single mobs based on the Brawler/Thug Style)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roun90 said:

Dude you've played 6 immediately after 0. Of course it will not feel like a worthy finale. The "finale" part is for Kiryu and those who have played plenty of games will find plenty of things to feel emotional over. I would have said you should play Kiwami after Y0, then Kiwami 2 (This game actually has the conclusion of Majima's story in Yakuza 0 with Makimura Makoto - the blind girl you help in Majima's Story in 0). Then play 6 (Don't play the PS3 games - 3,4 and 5 until their remaster comes West, the combat is borderline unplayable now). Even with that your "Finale" aspects would have increased by tons.

Finale doesn't mean the throwbacks/emotions, it's not that intense as 0, main plot is just good and a lot more predictable without an omg moment.

There's not too much on the line (when it should be for a finale) and everyone already respects kiryu a lot ,so no new challenges/something to prove for him, villans don't have that charisma either (kuzo and others)

And the multiple storylines of 0 connecting is next level.

Order might better the yakuza 6 experience slightly but playing 4 yakuza parts would actually make it more saturated even if 1 and 2 are better.

Edited by GunnerY2J

@GunnerY2J Yakuza 6 was designed from the ground up just to say goodbye to Kiryu. The fact that it did not have a heavy story was also a part of the process. The entire purpose of it was that Kiryu would pass on completely from the Yakuza World, leave his legacy behind and not come back. That's why they did not introduce many new "legendary" characters, like say Majima of Y0. They were restrained by the fact that they cannot make any new character more likeable than Kiryu in his final game. It's also why Kiryu is so well-respected and feared here. He's at the twilight of his career and the game and it's characters acknowledge all his efforts and achievements over the course of all the 5 previous games.

It's also why they brought back tons of fan-favourites from throughout the series, but gave them only cameo roles and did not let them do anything. For example, Majima was only seen at the end. Akiyama was a wild fan-favorite since Yakuza 4 (Would be the next Majima to me), but he came for only some 5 minutes and 1 battle etc. It's also why all the sub-stories are serious, instead of funny like other Yakuza games and filled with nostalgia. For example, the Pocket Race Fighter story -

Spoiler

In Y0, Pocket Circuit Fighter was very young and played with kids in Pocket Circuit Racing (Which was his passion). In Yakuza Kiwami, he started feeling the pressure from his family to quit, get into a stable business and get married. Yet with Kiryu's help, he resisted that and continued on. The in Y6, the Pocket Fighter is old. He's already married and has a kid. He's doing a new job (selling Ramen I think). His wife does not like Pocket Circuit Races at all. Ultimately, he (along with Kiryu) helps his son and teaches him all about Pocket Circuit Races. Then he and Kiryu talk about all the fun times they had in the past with the Pocket Circuit Races, when he was still an announcer and Kiryu a contestant

Almost all side quests are melancholy in this way, a throwback to old games and the adventures people had there. So yup, the team were functioning with a lot of restrictions.

Want a story as good as, or even better than Yakuza 0? Play Kiwami 2 and play Judgement. Kiwami 1 is a remake of their very first game, so while it had a good story, it was not legendary. But in both Kiwami 2 and Judgement, the team was completely unrestricted (Like in Yakuza 0), so they gave legendary stories.

• Like 1

Yes, Understandable, i was not necessarily complaining ,just sharing its drawbacks which are there for sure irrespective of the reasons and make it less of an experience, the reasons are more clear now.

Still on chapter 10 btw.

Next year then would be Kiwami 2.

41 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, Understandable, i was not necessarily complaining ,just sharing its drawbacks which are there for sure irrespective of the reasons and make it less of an experience, the reasons are more clear now.

Still on chapter 10 btw.

Next year then would be Kiwami 2.

I would still suggest playing Kiwami 1 before 2 though. While the story of 1 is not legendary, it does introduce a ton of characters who are very important to the series as a whole, like Inspector Date and Haruka (Kiryu's daughter figure). It also concludes Nishikiyama's story (Tells why he isn't present in Yakuza 6 for example). And you will appreciate Kiwami 2 a lot more if you've played Kiwami 1. The game's main story is quite short, so you can rush through it before going to Kiwami 2 (which does have a legendary story). Plus, Kiwami 1 still uses Yakuza 0's engine and combat system, unlike Kiwami 2 which uses Yakuza 6's Dragon Engine and Combat system. Plus, Kiwami 1 is very cheap now and will be even cheaper by next year.

• Like 1