PSN US vs PSN INDIA

Sushant Vasishta

I got the launch time PS4 and opted for two years India PSN Plus account. I had an absolutely terrible experience - no AAA games, no discounted season deals as well.

I am not sure if I should get PSN plus however contemplating if I should create a US PSN Account. They really have great deals, almost always.

Is there a way I can have two psn accounts on my PS4? Don't want to loose my trophies. No biggie though.

Is there any tradeoff? If I move to US PSN? Heard that there are challenges with DLCs.

Any help here would be appreciated.

You can have as many primary accounts you want on PS4(limited to 100 afaik)

If you move to US PSN plus ,the games from Indian PSN plus which you got earlier won't be renewed unless and until u renew the PS Plus subscription

Almost all IGC is same except around 1 or 2 in whole year. But US PSN always gets nice sales.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

You can have as many primary accounts you want on PS4(limited to 100 afaik)

If you move to US PSN plus ,the games from Indian PSN plus which you got earlier won't be renewed unless and until u renew the PS Plus subscription

Almost all IGC is same except around 1 or 2 in whole year. But US PSN always gets nice sales.

Are you sure? Even I am thinking of moving to US PSN Plus from IN Plus. So all the games downloaded from IN plus will not work if I subscribe for US plus account.

Are you sure? Even I am thinking of moving to US PSN Plus from IN Plus. So all the games downloaded from IN plus will not work if I subscribe for US plus account.

The PS plus games expire once subscription is over for that particular account. You can google for confirmation.

This clearly tells me that I should create a new PSN US id and throw away my India PSN account.

Would the saved games work fine if I copy over the game save files to a USB drive, login to the new US PSN account and then try to restore the save files from the USB drive. Other than this, except for few platinum trophies, I don't think I'll be losing much.

Yeah man rut now until dawn is available for 8$ right now , thinking of buying it too

Exactly what made me think of moving to US PSN.

BTW can't I have two accounts? One Indian and ONE US on the same PS4. I can login to India account, if I need to play games bought there and login to the US account if I want to play the games bought from the US STORE? I understand that I won't be able to cross play but that I guess is a smal trade off.

Exactly what made me think of moving to US PSN.

BTW can't I have two accounts? One Indian and ONE US on the same PS4. I can login to India account, if I need to play games bought there and login to the US account if I want to play the games bought from the US STORE? I understand that I won't be able to cross play but that I guess is a smal trade off.

You can have many accounts. I have UK, India, Hongkong and US on my ps4 and I buy games depending on which region its cheaper on at that moment. My plus account is UK since 2011.

Once the game is downloaded you can play it on any account on that PS4. No need to get rid of your indian account. E.g buy games from US store, download and play on indian account and continue earning trophies there.

You can have many accounts. I have UK, India, Hongkong and US on my ps4 and I buy games depending on which region its cheaper on at that moment. My plus account is UK since 2011.

Once the game is downloaded you can play it on any account on that PS4. No need to get rid of your indian account. E.g buy games from US store, download and play on indian account and continue earning trophies there.

This helps then. I'll simply create a US PSN account, buy some games and then shall be good to go. Pretty cool. Thanks buddy.

AFAIK games purchased only from the primary account can be played on all accounts on that PS4. If you purchase the game on any other account on that PS4, it's accessible only through that account, unless it's a physical copy (or free to play)

No, you can play any game on any account regardless digital or physical.

Only Dlc won't work cross region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you can play any game on any account regardless digital or physical.

Only Dlc won't work cross region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 on my Indian account and when I try to access it with my US account, which is primary on my PS4, it tells me that I do not own the license for it and that it can only be played on my Indian account, on which I purchased the game digitally

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I purchased Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 on my Indian account and when I try to access it with my US account, which is primary on my PS4, it tells me that I do not own the license for it and that it can only be played on my Indian account, on which I purchased the game digitally

Not possible, there is no restriction on PSN games region wise, unless, you have tried game sharing and the primary account was not setup in your console.

I have been buying games from US, HK, Canada, India and playing on my UK ID since PS3.

Not possible, there is no restriction on PSN games region wise, unless, you have tried game sharing and the primary account was not setup in your console.

I have been buying games from US, HK, Canada, India and playing on my UK ID since PS3.

Not sure why and BTW, if I hadn't set my US account as primary, I couldn't have bought ps plus on it and played online using my Indian ID, like I'm doing now

Not sure why and BTW, if I hadn't set my US account as primary, I couldn't have bought ps plus on it and played online using my Indian ID, like I'm doing now

Yes, you need to setup each PSN ID primary in your console or you need to use the same credentials to play.

Archived