PSN US vs PSN INDIA

Sushant Vasishta

Hi,

I have physical copies of games. Using US PSN membership and US account as primary, will I be able to download DLC and patches then? is DLC restriction across region only limited to games bought digitally?

Well, if it's a physical game and assuming that you purchased it in India, you would have to purchase the dlc for it from the Indian store as dlcs are region locked

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I have bought a PS4 recently and was wondering if I buy a game on US PSN store, will I be able to play online(multiplayer) using by Indian account on the same machine ? or vice versa ?

Yup. As MGG stated, you would have to set your ps4 as primary for both the accounts and then you can play the game on both the accounts, irrespective of which one you bought it on. Just be cautious about purchasing the dlc though, since it's region locked

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, please help: I just bought a new PS4 and have created a US PSN account. How do I add my Indian Credit Card to it since the country in billing address is locked to "United States". How do I fund my account using my Indian Credit card?

Guys, please help: I just bought a new PS4 and have created a US PSN account. How do I add my Indian Credit Card to it since the country in billing address is locked to "United States". How do I fund my account using my Indian Credit card?

You can't afaik.

Figured. There is no way to do that - I was thinking to use the 14 day PS Plus trial on my US Account (to buy a few games on discount), but that doesn't seem possible. I guess I'll have to buy the games on US store using prepaid top-up cards.

• 2 weeks later...

contact me :P i will gave usa psn code for cheap price

• 1 month later...

Us account.

Plus gets pretty nice discounts on us store. I am assuming you'll be buying most games from us store. So buying plus on us account makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will still have plus privileges on the Indian account?

Thanks. last question, can I still play dlc of the games I purchased with my US account on my Indian account?

No DLCs are region specific. Means you can't play DLCs bought from US account with an Indian account.

• 4 months later...
On 2017-3-13 at 8:19 AM, santanu18 said:

No DLCs are region specific. Means you can't play DLCs bought from US account with an Indian account.

AFAIK, you have to match region of the game  with the region of dlc. Other than that, they will be payable on all primary accounts regardless of regions. 

3 hours ago, varundbest said:

AFAIK, you have to match region of the game  with the region of dlc. Other than that, they will be payable on all primary accounts regardless of regions. 

That's what I meant.

Quick Question:- My main PSN account is a US one (From old PS3 Days) and i have an Indian account (Which i initially created but left as PSN Store wasn't available back in those days). I mostly buy Physical Discs as you can trade, etc. Would it be any beneficial for me to buy PS Plus on my main US account? Or Just buy Plus on Indian account and play on US one. Any substantial discounts or offers over there, these days (In 2017)?

5 hours ago, varundbest said:

Quick Question:- My main PSN account is a US one (From old PS3 Days) and i have an Indian account (Which i initially created but left as PSN Store wasn't available back in those days). I mostly buy Physical Discs as you can trade, etc. Would it be any beneficial for me to buy PS Plus on my main US account? Or Just buy Plus on Indian account and play on US one. Any substantial discounts or offers over there, these days (In 2017)?

It's always best to buy PS+ on US account and use it in Indian acc as US store get better discounts.

4 hours ago, adity said:

Doesn't work.
Has to be a us address on PayPal too

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Really? That would suck pretty bad...

Edit:-

Bought ps+ on my indian account. For ease of payment and discounts on DLCs for Indian region games.

Archived