PS4 memory full - my Options?

StormShadow

Hi, recently while downloading COD:MW remastered, my PS4 indicated memory to be full.

I have only 2 digital games - Titanfall 2 & TLOU:remastered. Rest all are discs. I was surprised as my PS3 and xbox 360 never had this problem even when i have tons of games on them. So wasn't expecting lack of memory problem for any console.

After some research i realised that this problem is fairly common for PS4 due to larger install sizes and everyone suggests internal drive swap. Some also suggest external drive backup. But most are suggestions from 2014-15 or from outside india.

So just wanted to know what fellow IVGians are opting for and what is the tried and tested solution for this? Also if you suggest internal hdd swap then please recommend which hdd to go for? I would prefer a 2TB just to be safe.

Also is there a way to transfer all the game data from old drive to new without the need of redownloading? Maybe a complete system backup on external drive and then to the new internal drive?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hi, recently while downloading COD:MW remastered, my PS4 indicated memory to be full.

I have only 2 digital games - Titanfall 2 & TLOU:remastered. Rest all are discs. I was surprised as my PS3 and xbox 360 never had this problem even when i have tons of games on them. So wasn't expecting lack of memory problem for any console.

After some research i realised that this problem is fairly common for PS4 due to larger install sizes and everyone suggests internal drive swap. Some also suggest external drive backup. But most are suggestions from 2014-15 or from outside india.

So just wanted to know what fellow IVGians are opting for and what is the tried and tested solution for this? Also if you suggest internal hdd swap then please recommend which hdd to go for? I would prefer a 2TB just to be safe.

Also is there a way to transfer all the game data from old drive to new without the need of redownloading? Maybe a complete system backup on external drive and then to the new internal drive?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Go to settings and backup your files and later restore it when you have your new hard drive on. Regarding hdd, any 2.5 inch hdd should do in its EXFAT format. Right now, this is the only way out since ps4 doesn't support external hdd for running games from it

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Have u deleted previous game disc installation from PS4? It is better to delete game data of old games.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

No i haven't. Even if i did i won't be able to go for long like that. It's just a temporary adjustment.

Go to settings and backup your files and later restore it when you have your new hard drive on. Regarding hdd, any 2.5 inch hdd should do in its EXFAT format. Right now, this is the only way out since ps4 doesn't support external hdd for running games from it

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Seagate-2TB-Laptop-HDD-SATA-6Gbs-2-5-Inch-Internal-Hard-Drive-ST2000LM007-/322370391770?hash=item4b0ec5ceda:g:nkMAAOSwYIxX3ZMZ

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-2TB-Laptop-SATA-6Gbs-2-5-Inch-HDD-Internal-Hard-Drive-ST2000LM003-/322346217625?hash=item4b0d54f099:g:vW4AAOSwux5YQG04

Have zeroed in on the above 2 options in order of preference. The 1st is 7mm and 2nd (samsung) is 9.5mm.

Will these be fine? Any tech specs which won't be compatible with ps4 (for above 2)?

Edit : Researched a bit more and understood that the 7mm suffers in performance when compared to 9.5mm version. Samsung Seagate Momentus SpinPoint 2TB seems to be the best option for ps4. But quite expensive on Amazon.

Cheers.

Archived