Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

That's arcade. 8 from each side and total 48 different scenarios in the arcade. Apart from that, you can also play with custom settings.

999 troopers setting was hilarious. Everyone stacking so close. DUiTa8K.png

Campaign - looks gorgeous. The presentation is as usual fantastic and runs great. I played only 2 missions. There are about 12 missions. 

Multiplayer - the 40 players is pretty good. I'm yet to play other modes. So far, enjoying it. Playing with HEROS is so much fun. eAqA3o9.png

As for progression, you are rewarded literally for anything you do. Even if you play campaign or arcade, you are still rewarded. Apart from that, there are challenges in all departments. Not just credits and crafting but you are also given crates from time to time. For once, you are rewarded for the amount of time you invest.

Can't wait now. 

37 minutes ago, adity said:

Surprise, Surprise. 

Welcome MT simulator. 

Watch the video, folks and decide whether it's p2w. 

Pay2Grind. Not really a problem for people who plan to play it. 

Already met so many people with epic cards and none of them had any major impact on the game or even anyone noticed it. Plus, in my 4 hours of MP, I already got 7K credits, enough to open 2 crates. Which is not even a grind for an online game. 

My only gripe is the cost of hero unlocks and challenges needs a reset of new every week. If it's indeed same as 20-60K current, then it's going to take some time. We are looking at 100-200 games for Vader (60k). And, no, you cannot get Vader or other heroes from crates directly. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

9 minutes ago, adity said:

You do realise what 100-200 games is a lot of games. 

100-200 games are nothing when each game takes only 10-20 minutes. What are you even talking about? 

And Vader/Luke are the most expensive ones as they are one of the powerful heroes in-game. You don't expect it from playing 10-20 games. The rest are 5-20k which takes only matter of hours.

People with jobs and studies can't play for 4 hours everyday just so they can stay relevant in the game. 

Hurr-durr argument. Don't play online games if you don't see yourself investing time in it. And second, you don't need to play every day to stay relevant in-game. 

I mean, what kind of competitive multiplayer is this where cards give straight percentage boosts giving such an obvious advantage. Where is the goddamned balance?

Perhaps play the game and comment when you don't find the balance?   

What everyone was saying before launch pretty much came true. A person can easily drop 200 dollars on MTs, get all the powerful sh*t and wreck everyone which is also expressed in the video I posted.

Except for the video never showed him wrecking anything. Nor anyone has faced it so far. If they did, there would be videos all over. 

Plus, all that crap about there being level barriers is also bullshit as the guy in the video demonstrates.  

The progressions don't look natural at all to me.

What level barriers? You play -> you level up. 

And don't say you can unlock everything by playing. Time has to be considered, too. Not everyone got 500-1000 to blow over

So is every damn online game with any sort of progression. No one complains as they are busy playing it. Go figure. 

If you don't play 100-200 games online, you should be the last person to comment on the progression. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, adity said:

@Joe Cool I don't feel the progression in the game seems very natural. Feels very grindy just for the sake of pushing MTs.

Anyways, who is right, only time will tell. Problem is, even reviews are gonna gloss over this. So, we have only user reviews to rely on. 

Sure the reviews are glossing over MTs lately. SMH. 9kCo2Yv.png 

Moving on.

CHOOSE A SIDE: THE LAST JEDI SEASON IS COMING

New heroes, maps, and the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Resurrection single-player story arrive soon.

mE6yLB7.jpg

• It all starts with choosing a side. On December 5, you’ll have an opportunity to align with the First Order or choose to fight for the Resistance. Your choice is important, as it will allow you to take part in special challenges that will grant your faction specific rewards. 
  • Things kick into high gear on December 13. Your favorite stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn joins the fight for the Resistance and Captain Phasma steps on to the Battlefront for the First Order. They can be purchased with in-game Credits that week. Whichever faction is victorious in completing the most challenges that week will net a reward as well: a special Crate of high-power upgrades for Finn or Captain Phasma.
  • New locations and vehicles will also arrive. On December 13, the cinematic content from Star Wars™: The Last Jedicontinues with a new planetary map: Crait. The Starfighter Assault map of D’qar will join as well, plus a new hero ship –  Tallie Lintra's RZ-2 A-wing. Poe Dameron’s T-70 X-wing is also upgraded with a new ability inspired by Star Wars™: The Last Jedi .
  • Iden Versio returns. In Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II Resurrection, you’ll join Commander Iden Versio during the days of the First Order’s rise to power. This all new chapter of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II’s single-player story mode will be available December 13.  
  • Your choice of faction will continue to matter. Throughout December, you'll see your chosen faction's progress reflected in-game, as you fight alongside allies from around the world to swing the tide of battle. 

uuaMjEu.jpg

Complain about that too. 2oHeLi2.png

Edited by Heaven Angel

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Things kick into high gear on December 13. Your favorite stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn joins the fight for the Resistance and Captain Phasma steps on to the Battlefront for the First Order. They can be purchased with in-game Credits that week. Whichever faction is victorious in completing the most challenges that week will net a reward as well: a special Crate of high-power upgrades for Finn or Captain Phasma.

Complain about that too. 2oHeLi2.png

Yup, could not stop from stuffing a loot box into this 'free' content too. 

At this point, you wonder if DICE could have provided this level of support for its prior game (Premium Pass) but that boat has sailed. 

Game downloaded, lets see what I roll. 

4 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Any idea how long the SP campaign is on this one?

~5 -->7 hours according to most sources

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

At this point, you wonder if DICE could have provided this level of support for its prior game (Premium Pass) but that boat has sailed. 

Game downloaded, lets see what I roll. 

~5 -->7 hours according to most sources

Bargain bin buy for me then. Not into paid multiplayer and full price for a 7 hour campaign is too much.

Won't pay even a single cent for this crap, look at that. EA done changes and listened to their consumers? My a*s. All they care about is money. This is a full-fledged P2W game. 

If one wants to play SP only then the best option is wait for this game to arrive on Access, else skip it and play other games. Some games even have MT's but doesn't impact on game like this does. Even COD WW2 looks better in front of this although that game is already considered one of the worst games. 

I can't wait for genuine reviewers to rip this game apart. 

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

CoD WW2 doesn't have MTs or paid loot boxes. They have all the fkery that comes with loot boxes and then some, but at least you can't buy sh*t with real money.

EA removed paid DLC so now they have full pass to implement whatever predatory MT scheme they want, as if they made it F2P.

6 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Don't care. Every one has it during events. Let's skip all the content and focus on loot crate. 

5 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Bargain bin buy for me then. Not into paid multiplayer and full price for a 7 hour campaign is too much.

Pretty much every SP shooter has 5-10 hour campaign... Just saying.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

CoD WW2 doesn't have MTs or paid loot boxes. They have all the fkery that comes with loot boxes and then some, but at least you can't buy sh*t with real money.

?? Don't worry. It goes live on 14th and you can buy with real money. VJlF7jq.png

All of Infinite Warfare's variants (at least 5 for every gun) have stat mods and perks. Black Ops III had unique weapons exclusive to the loot boxes, and Advanced Warfare had stat-modded variants in loot boxes.

Even had a 2XP bonus for deluxe edition users. Literally, pay extra to get extra XP at launch. 

Game + season pass - $100 every year + MTs. Yeah, looks better than EA. 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

We will focus on it because it is game breaking. You sound like you're paid by EA. 

How is it game breaking? The event has not even started. 

And, if it was game breaking, there would be videos regarding it. Show me some.