Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

7 hours ago, adity said:

Apparently, EA got a call from Disney about the controversy. Can't find the link to the article. 

Probably this one - 

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/

Quote from the article -

Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money. EA has confirmed that it is taking that feature down to address fan concerns just as the game is about to launch worldwide tomorrow. All of this comes after multiple days of outrage from fans who are upset that EA and developer DICE have implemented an online multiplayer system that gives an advantage to people who pay money.

For those of you who have been clearly calling out  EA against their idiotic & underhand, POS MT system - Kudos & may your tribe increase. :)

Personally, though I dont trust EA/DICE one bit. There's just no telling what their "revised" Microtransactions system will be like. Only time will tell.

Interesting article in case anyone's interested -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/11/16/ea-has-removed-star-wars-battlefront-2s-microstransactions-hours-before-launch/#61f15a871d64

Edited by rickyk

This is actually WORSE than leaving them in. It is far more dishonest.

Its clearly obvious what they are aiming for. Sell copies now, introduce the same mechanics in a month or so when the heat has died down. 

I hope gamers see through this and dont rush out to support this sh*t but honestly, I lost faith in gamers a while go. We are f**ked.

I thought this was a nice, fairly in depth review -

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope/

TL DR ver from the article -

The good:

-DICE combines its Frostbite engine and its visual design chops to make the most beautiful Star Wars game yet.

-Fan-service nuggets, solid acting make the plot's best bits must-see stuff for any series fan.

The bad:

-THUNK. That's the sound of a giant binder landing on a table to explain the game's cockamamie economy at launch.

-Star Cards, as they currently function, prevent new players from learning and appreciating high-level gameplay systems.

-Flying segments thrill at first blush but continue to lack enough tactical or control options.

-Our pre-release tests revealed some hilarious visual bugs while testing on Xbox One X.

The ugly:

-The fact that half-cooked, trying-to-please-everybody combat will still be there, even if EA fixes the game's economy issues.

Verdict: - Avoid.

3 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

This is actually WORSE than leaving them in. It is far more dishonest.

Its clearly obvious what they are aiming for. Sell copies now, introduce the same mechanics in a month or so when the heat has died down. 

I hope gamers see through this and dont rush out to support this sh*t but honestly, I lost faith in gamers a while go. We are f**ked.

Exactly what went thru my mind when I read their statement. Very blatantly underhanded and hard to miss.

The melee in this game is really janky af, half the time you don't even get any sort of feedback whether you hit the guy or not. And worst part is it extends to lightsaber combat. If two Jedi go against each other it mostly ends up like this..

PU2yMR1.gif

I don't understand how Jedi Academy, a game released some 13-14 years ago has better lightsaber combat than this.

Finished it. Action packed campaign right from start. 

sMniPW7.jpg

uShnfH5.jpg

3zfH665.jpg

21p04ag.jpg

Good:

• Superb gunplay.
  • Gorgeous visuals. Highly quality production.
  • Get to play iconic characters in iconic locations.
  • Good use of music.
  • Awesome space battles.
  • End tease.
  • Rewarding. 

Bad:

• Weak story. 
  • Wish it was longer. Took about ~6 hours to finish. Should have given more time for characters to develop and have longer missions.

Obviously, this is for STAR WARS fans alone. It's very nice walk around the STAR WARS universe. The ending sets up well for the upcoming DLCs. Can't wait. UtCY5iF.png

pJAvYZB.jpg

Edited by Heaven Angel

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/wall-street-is-freaking-out-as-ea-caves-again-to-social-media-outrage-over-its-star-wars-game.html

• Investors are now worried the controversy over Electronic Arts' "Star Wars Battlefront II" in-game monetization model will hurt the video game's sales.
  • "The escalation of EA concessions over the past month are a potential negative indicator of pre-order sales trends and overall unit confidence," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post writes."
  • EA's stock is down 7 percent month to date through Thursday compared with the S&P 500's 0.4 percent gain.

Bravo :clapping:

• Like 2

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/wall-street-is-freaking-out-as-ea-caves-again-to-social-media-outrage-over-its-star-wars-game.html

• Investors are now worried the controversy over Electronic Arts' "Star Wars Battlefront II" in-game monetization model will hurt the video game's sales.
  • "The escalation of EA concessions over the past month are a potential negative indicator of pre-order sales trends and overall unit confidence," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post writes."
  • EA's stock is down 7 percent month to date through Thursday compared with the S&P 500's 0.4 percent gain.

Bravo :clapping:
so is ea wrong to take a step back..? i thought this wasnt a p2w and people were just circle jerking [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

^Exactly  this, 

Its only a matter of time (most likely around/after the launch of the SW Movie next month with possibly DLC for the game being released then as well) that EA will bring back MTs so as to provide players an "accelerated experience" (meaning buy stuff with real money what one would otherwise have to grind for). The below quote is from an article posted yesterday -

Today, EA announced that it will be removing microtransactions from Star Wars Battlefront 2. However, this is only a temporary measure until EA can achieve what they hope is the right balance between microtransactions and an accelerated experience.

In trying to strike a balance, EA appears to be suggesting that Battlefront 2 will eventually return to offering the opportunity for players to spend money on accelerators—industry jargon for gameplay boosts that can be purchased with real money. Aside from Battlefront 2, Need for Speed Payback is a recent example of EA's attempt to introduce balanced "accelerators" through loot boxes.

Links -

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/ea-star-wars-battlefront-2-changes-will-balance-those-who-want-gameplay-progression-and-those-who-want-an-accelerated-experience

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-isnt-going-far-enough-to-fix-its-loot-box-microtransaction-problem

Edited by rickyk

49 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

So should I pay 3499 for this or nah?

For SP? Not really.

For MP? Yeah. It's amazingly fun and whoever played it will know. Q5YejkU.png

You can try the EA access if want before buying. The game also likely to get a discount when The Last Jedi movie / new DLC is out. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

So should I pay 3499 for this or nah?

Charity kar de issey aacha :P

There are far better games available.  Get Wolfenstien 2,ACO nd all.

EA games now not worth buying for full price anymore, especially after EA access.

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

EA games now not worth buying for full price anymore, especially after EA access.

Sure if you like to play games after 6-12 months. That applies to all games, by the way... 

By the time this goes to EA vault, Origins, Wolfenstein II and other recent games will be sold for peanuts too.