Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

This one is actually twice the fun... 

March 21st we got progression overhaul.

April 18th we got Ewok Hunt update.

It has been lite since the first season but these are just updates and not a full season. Hopefully something big in May/June (E3). 

I see.....How populated is the game these days? Will pick it up in some upcoming sale 

Just now, kold_war said:

I see.....How populated is the game these days? Will pick it up in some upcoming sale 

Takes few seconds to jump in any mode except for Heroes vs. Villains. On PS4, the game is still very populated. 

33 minutes ago, adity said:

I find a match in even the first one in a couple of minutes at best. Really fun if you just wanna kill some time. And yeah, the second one is much better. More so now that they've removed the sketchy mechanics. 

Hmmm I guess it must have improved post updates? 

Ya swbf was also really good if you were in a group.....Will pick this up for sure now that I got positive feedback :P

On 5/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, CarbonCore said:

Going by the leaks on reddit, looks like the support for this game in terms of new content is trickling to an end. The shitshow is finally getting over. They promised new maps, modes, weapons and heroes with each season. The stuff they released so far..

I think they are trying to hold the fort with Destiny until Anthem finally arrives. 

Han Solo Season Update patch LIVE!

Estimated patch sizes:

• PC 6GB
  • Xbox One 6GB
  • PS4 14GB

Welcome to the start of the ""Han Solo Season""! To start things off we're focusing on those closest to Han. Both friend and foe.

• In this update we revisit the iconic location of Jabba's Palace. inside Jabba's Palace were some of Han's friends in some of the most unique unique appearances in the Star Wars universe. Specifically Lando Calrissian in a Skiff Guard appearance and, as our first legendary Appearance, Leia Organa disguised as the bounty hunter Boussh – complete with the scrambled voice!
  • We’re also introducing a new permanent game mode where players will play as two Heroes against two Villains, where the winning team needs to change up their strategy to continue winning. We call it Hero Showdown!
  • On top of a new multiplayer mode, we have something for Arcade fans and fans of starfighter combat in general - Custom Arcade now has a mode for Starfighters! This provides the chance to try out the various starfighters whenever you want.
  • Lastly, we've introduced a few other improvements that we hope you enjoy; including the ability to Upgrade and Unlock Star Cards in the pre-round phase of a match and the addition of lore text to all of the Appearances!

Full patch notes

• Hero Showdown Game Mode
  • Starfighter
  • Custom Arcade
  • Jabba's Palace
  • Leia Boushh
  • Menu Updates
  • New MIlestones

It's Season Two, and there's more to come.

DU7NyMT.jpg

G1CLmNE.jpg

Hero Showdown

• Alongside The Han Solo Season will be the release of a brand new game mode. Hero Showdown is similar to the much-loved Heroes vs Villains Game Mode, but with a brand-new rule set.
  • In this 2v2 game mode, players will begin the match by picking their Heroes. Should you be defeated you must put all your hope into your teammate and wait until the round is over.
  • If your team is successful and wins the round, you are unable to use the Heroes that you previously used. However, if your team loses the round you're free to pick any available Hero, including the ones you've just used.
  • It's a best out of five situation, so the first to win three rounds will claim victory. Think carefully about your pick, strategy is everything in this mode.

Starfighter Custom Arcade

• Starfighter Custom Arcade is where you’ll be able to become acquainted with all the Starfighters in the game. Take on AI and learn skills that will serve you well when you venture into Starfighter Assault and take on some of the best pilots in the galaxy.
  • We know that this is something a lot of our community have been requesting so we’re incredibly excited to confirm that it’ll be available as soon as Season Two starts on May 16.

Jabba’s Palace

• Located in the Dune Sea on Tatooine, this sandblasted metal and stone structure strikes fear into anyone that finds themselves on the wrong side of Jabba the Hutt.
  • Jabba’s Palace will be arriving in Star Wars Battlefront II and will be available in both Heroes vs Villains, Blast, and Arcade.

SncvdTH.jpg

New Milestones

• Alongside the release of the new Progression System came the arrival of a minor change that placed pop-ups within the game upon completion of a Milestone. This was met with a significant amount of positivity but If there was one thing we heard, it was that for some of you reading this, you had already completed a lot of your milestones.
  • We are adding Score Milestones for each Trooper, Hero and Specials. Troopers will receive three tiers, while Heroes and Specials will have two new tiers.

_____

Geonosis teased!

• 3 weeks later...

MuCgnrb.jpg

Clone Wars content is Coming to Star Wars Battlefront II

• One of the major theatres of war in the Star Wars prequel era, Geonosis, is coming as a new location to play and explore. 
  • Plus, two of the most highly requested Hero characters – Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Grievous – will enter STAR WARS Battlefront II.
  • And they will not come alone. Joining them is the Sith Lord and leader of the Separatists, Count Dooku, as well as Anakin Skywalker.
  • More details on the upcoming Clone Wars content will be shared in the coming months.

The Road Ahead and Improving Transparency

• Ahead of the Clone Wars content drops, we’re still committed to delivering regular updates, events, and fixes to Star Wars Battlefront II. This will include quality-of-life updates and new ways to play the game.
  • Coming in July is a new Starfighter mode focused on piloting Hero ships. We’re pleased with the positive response we had on this season’s Hero Showdown, and believe players will appreciate this similar, more focused, approach to Hero Starfighter battles. 
  • Here, players will spawn as one of the available Hero Starfighters on their respective sides. If taken out, you’ll re-enter the game as a normal fighter, bomber, or interceptor. To win the game, your team of four needs to take out all enemy Hero Starfighters.
  • And later this year, we’ll introduce a non-linear, larger-scale mode where players battle for control of objectives around the map. We’re also bringing changes to how squads will work, including spawning on squad mates.

And this is just a start. In an effort to improve upon our transparency, we’re going to provide a more detailed Roadmap on what’s ahead for Star Wars Battlefront II. We’ll be able to share this with you after we’ve rounded up the Han Solo Season, in the end of June.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game continues to get better and better with update. Improved and feels completely new game since launch. Unlike BioWare, DICE actually turned it around. 

The Clone Commando deploys on the vibrant surface of Felucia in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II on September 25. Also, fight alone or with friends against AI foes in the Instant Action and Co-Op game modes, available in this update. :wOOtjumpy:

• 2 months later...

Immerse yourself in the finale of the Skywalker saga in Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II. Inspired by Star Wars™: The Rise of Skywalker™, set foot on an exotic new jungle planet where a fateful war between the Resistance and First Order thunders.

Starting December 17, 2019, play as the ruthless Sith trooper, rain down fire from the skies with the new Jet trooper, or aid the Resistance with a hard-hitting Ovissian Gunner and resourceful Caphex Spy. BB-8 joins the battlefront in January 2020, bringing bravery and a fast-paced playstyle to the roster.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is the ultimate destination to live out your epic Star Wars battle fantasies. Enjoy over two years’ worth of free content updates and get more than 350 customization items at that!

?

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, KyoyaHibari said:

I'm gonna start playing it. You interested in joining?

Yes ! Add me on PSN : Indianherbsman42, I've played a couple hours and it's really good. 

Edited by Nischey007

• 4 months later...

I decided to play this game out of boredom.  Played the game for full 30mins. Got a really bad headache ? had to force shutdown PS4 instead of closing the application. If in AC games the AI is brain dead then in this game it is 10x more Brain Dead. The AI won’t be able to see you even if you are infront of them because I was in crouch. When I stand up it still gives me time to run away. They won’t shoot. I was playing on normal difficulty. 

Realised this game was occupying 115GB in PS4. Straight uninstalled it. Now my headache is gone  and PS4 feels lighter. 

Edited by GameAnalyzer