Star Wars: Battlefront II

Heaven Angel

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Sure if you like to play games after 6-12 months. That applies to all games, by the way... 

By the time this goes to EA vault, Origins, Wolfenstein II and other recent games will be sold for peanuts too. 

Nothing about this game says that you have to buy it Dayone. It's best to wait till everything is fixed and all DLC is out. 

I will recommend people Destiny 2 over this. Atleast progression is not broken and tied to microtransactions in that game. 

They removed MTs without changing in-game economy and as a result progression is really, really slow. I have a few epic cards and crafting parts thanks to various bonuses, but everything feels halted because its still lootbox driven and they're still expensive af. And the real currency of the game is not credits or xp or battle points or crystals, its crafting parts, which you almost never get.  

Vader still kicks a*s though, with a single puny common card.

I just wish he didn't run like an old man (which he is). Spawning him 200m from action feels cruel.

39 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Sure if you like to play games after 6-12 months. That applies to all games, by the way... 

By the time this goes to EA vault, Origins, Wolfenstein II and other recent games will be sold for peanuts too. 

Peanut 1 kg costs only ₹240 but wolfenstein II at 75% off still costs ₹749

35 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Nothing about this game says that you have to buy it Dayone. It's best to wait till everything is fixed and all DLC is out. 

I will recommend people Destiny 2 over this. Atleast progression is not broken and tied to microtransactions in that game. 

I can't play online games a year late. Not the same fun as playing as day 1. Sure you can buy it a year late but by then new games will be out too and people will move away.

Destiny is a loot based game which lacks content in-general. This at least has enough content and everything will free, unlike Destiny 2 whose DLC already sounds disappointing. 

As for the MTs, well, it's gone for now. DICE already stated they are working on new system and cosmetics. But, hey, feel free to sing the same old tune. 

2 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Peanut 1 kg costs only ₹240 but wolfenstein II at 75% off still costs ₹749

Cool. pt24g63.png

Everybody is harping about MT and lootboxes, and I am sitting here wondering why this game is being considered better than the original even if those issues never came up. The story is weak and badly directed at least based on the first few missions. There is no character development, barely any background and zero coherence between chapters. The space combat is nothing special. The MP is actually worse for me since whoever did the sound did not give it the loving care that Battlefront 1 got. Cards are stupid. Average lifetime is probably worse the CoD. Graphics are on par and not that much better than the previous version. This game, for 3500 bucks is a rip-off even without the stupid lootbox/microtransaction controversy.

27 minutes ago, yash_495 said:

^^ True.. Day 1 in an online game is an altogether another feeling.. even the player count will decrease after a while.

As for destiny, DLC is expensive af.. Main game is also not what i expected but oh well wrong thread to whine

Funny thing is, Zodka doesn't even play MP games. vC5r1s2.png

43 minutes ago, LaughingMan777 said:

Everybody is harping about MT and lootboxes, and I am sitting here wondering why this game is being considered better than the original even if those issues never came up. The story is weak and badly directed at least based on the first few missions. There is no character development, barely any background and zero coherence between chapters. The space combat is nothing special. The MP is actually worse for me since whoever did the sound did not give it the loving care that Battlefront 1 got. Cards are stupid. Average lifetime is probably worse the CoD. Graphics are on par and not that much better than the previous version. This game, for 3500 bucks is a rip-off even without the stupid lootbox/microtransaction controversy.

+100

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Funny thing is, Zodka doesn't even play MP games. vC5r1s2.png

I play versus multiplayer games ( go check my profile properly) but only good ones. Not like you who play bad multiplayer games where progression is tied to loot boxes :? 

2 hours ago, LaughingMan777 said:

Well there you go 

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

I play versus multiplayer games ( go check my profile properly) but only good ones. Not like you who play bad multiplayer games where progression is tied to loot boxes : 

Ignorance is bliss. 

___

Star Wars Battlefront loot boxes were originally just cosmetics, Lucasfilm requested for Star Cards

During the development of Star Wars: Battlefront II (read our review), developer DICE began work on a mode that played like Overwatch and featured a similar business model to Blizzard’s team-based hero shooter, according to sources familiar with the production (who asked that I not print their names or titles to protect their employment). The mode would have focused on teamwork and squad composition, and — more importantly — it would have favored cosmetic items like hero costumes in its loot boxes over perks and weapons. Most of these ideas were dropped from Battlefront II due, at least in part, to a request from Disney’s Star Wars division Lucasfilm.

52 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Nice try, but it doesn't say Disney told EA to put star cards in the game. All that source says is to remove OW like system. Did Disney tell them to put cards in NFS too?

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Nice try, but it doesn't say Disney told EA to put star cards in the game. All that source says is to remove OW like system. Did Disney tell them to put card in NFS too?

Star Cards aren't new... Disney doesn't want cosmetics and EA offered an alternative, which is Star Cards and Disney was okay with that. What else would you add? There is absolutely nothing you could sell via loot boxes.