Sign in to follow this  
Joe Cool

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Finished it. Action packed campaign right from start. 

sMniPW7.jpg

uShnfH5.jpg

3zfH665.jpg

21p04ag.jpg

Good:

• Superb gunplay.
  • Gorgeous visuals. Highly quality production.
  • Get to play iconic characters in iconic locations.
  • Good use of music.
  • Awesome space battles.
  • End tease.
  • Rewarding. 

Bad:

• Weak story. 
  • Wish it was longer. Took about ~6 hours to finish. Should have given more time for characters to develop and have longer missions.

Obviously, this is for STAR WARS fans alone. It's very nice walk around the STAR WARS universe. The ending sets up well for the upcoming DLCs. Can't wait. UtCY5iF.png

pJAvYZB.jpg

Edited by Joe Cool

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/wall-street-is-freaking-out-as-ea-caves-again-to-social-media-outrage-over-its-star-wars-game.html

• Investors are now worried the controversy over Electronic Arts' "Star Wars Battlefront II" in-game monetization model will hurt the video game's sales.
  • "The escalation of EA concessions over the past month are a potential negative indicator of pre-order sales trends and overall unit confidence," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post writes."
  • EA's stock is down 7 percent month to date through Thursday compared with the S&P 500's 0.4 percent gain.

Bravo :clapping:

• Like 2

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/wall-street-is-freaking-out-as-ea-caves-again-to-social-media-outrage-over-its-star-wars-game.html

• Investors are now worried the controversy over Electronic Arts' "Star Wars Battlefront II" in-game monetization model will hurt the video game's sales.
  • "The escalation of EA concessions over the past month are a potential negative indicator of pre-order sales trends and overall unit confidence," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post writes."
  • EA's stock is down 7 percent month to date through Thursday compared with the S&P 500's 0.4 percent gain.

Bravo :clapping:
so is ea wrong to take a step back..? i thought this wasnt a p2w and people were just circle jerking

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

^Exactly  this, 

Its only a matter of time (most likely around/after the launch of the SW Movie next month with possibly DLC for the game being released then as well) that EA will bring back MTs so as to provide players an "accelerated experience" (meaning buy stuff with real money what one would otherwise have to grind for). The below quote is from an article posted yesterday -

Today, EA announced that it will be removing microtransactions from Star Wars Battlefront 2. However, this is only a temporary measure until EA can achieve what they hope is the right balance between microtransactions and an accelerated experience.

In trying to strike a balance, EA appears to be suggesting that Battlefront 2 will eventually return to offering the opportunity for players to spend money on accelerators—industry jargon for gameplay boosts that can be purchased with real money. Aside from Battlefront 2, Need for Speed Payback is a recent example of EA's attempt to introduce balanced "accelerators" through loot boxes.

Links -

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/ea-star-wars-battlefront-2-changes-will-balance-those-who-want-gameplay-progression-and-those-who-want-an-accelerated-experience

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-isnt-going-far-enough-to-fix-its-loot-box-microtransaction-problem

Edited by rickyk

49 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

So should I pay 3499 for this or nah?

For SP? Not really.

For MP? Yeah. It's amazingly fun and whoever played it will know. Q5YejkU.png

You can try the EA access if want before buying. The game also likely to get a discount when The Last Jedi movie / new DLC is out. 

Edited by Joe Cool

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

So should I pay 3499 for this or nah?

Charity kar de issey aacha :P

There are far better games available.  Get Wolfenstien 2,ACO nd all.

EA games now not worth buying for full price anymore, especially after EA access.

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

EA games now not worth buying for full price anymore, especially after EA access.

Sure if you like to play games after 6-12 months. That applies to all games, by the way... 

By the time this goes to EA vault, Origins, Wolfenstein II and other recent games will be sold for peanuts too. 

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Sure if you like to play games after 6-12 months. That applies to all games, by the way... 

By the time this goes to EA vault, Origins, Wolfenstein II and other recent games will be sold for peanuts too. 

Nothing about this game says that you have to buy it Dayone. It's best to wait till everything is fixed and all DLC is out. 

I will recommend people Destiny 2 over this. Atleast progression is not broken and tied to microtransactions in that game. 

• Like 1

They removed MTs without changing in-game economy and as a result progression is really, really slow. I have a few epic cards and crafting parts thanks to various bonuses, but everything feels halted because its still lootbox driven and they're still expensive af. And the real currency of the game is not credits or xp or battle points or crystals, its crafting parts, which you almost never get.  

Vader still kicks a*s though, with a single puny common card.

I just wish he didn't run like an old man (which he is). Spawning him 200m from action feels cruel.

39 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Peanut 1 kg costs only ₹240 but wolfenstein II at 75% off still costs ₹749

35 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Nothing about this game says that you have to buy it Dayone. It's best to wait till everything is fixed and all DLC is out. 

I will recommend people Destiny 2 over this. Atleast progression is not broken and tied to microtransactions in that game. 

I can't play online games a year late. Not the same fun as playing as day 1. Sure you can buy it a year late but by then new games will be out too and people will move away.

Destiny is a loot based game which lacks content in-general. This at least has enough content and everything will free, unlike Destiny 2 whose DLC already sounds disappointing. 

As for the MTs, well, it's gone for now. DICE already stated they are working on new system and cosmetics. But, hey, feel free to sing the same old tune. 

2 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Peanut 1 kg costs only ₹240 but wolfenstein II at 75% off still costs ₹749

Cool. pt24g63.png

Everybody is harping about MT and lootboxes, and I am sitting here wondering why this game is being considered better than the original even if those issues never came up. The story is weak and badly directed at least based on the first few missions. There is no character development, barely any background and zero coherence between chapters. The space combat is nothing special. The MP is actually worse for me since whoever did the sound did not give it the loving care that Battlefront 1 got. Cards are stupid. Average lifetime is probably worse the CoD. Graphics are on par and not that much better than the previous version. This game, for 3500 bucks is a rip-off even without the stupid lootbox/microtransaction controversy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yash_495 said:

^^ True.. Day 1 in an online game is an altogether another feeling.. even the player count will decrease after a while.

As for destiny, DLC is expensive af.. Main game is also not what i expected but oh well wrong thread to whine

Funny thing is, Zodka doesn't even play MP games. vC5r1s2.png

43 minutes ago, LaughingMan777 said:

Everybody is harping about MT and lootboxes, and I am sitting here wondering why this game is being considered better than the original even if those issues never came up. The story is weak and badly directed at least based on the first few missions. There is no character development, barely any background and zero coherence between chapters. The space combat is nothing special. The MP is actually worse for me since whoever did the sound did not give it the loving care that Battlefront 1 got. Cards are stupid. Average lifetime is probably worse the CoD. Graphics are on par and not that much better than the previous version. This game, for 3500 bucks is a rip-off even without the stupid lootbox/microtransaction controversy.

+100