GreedFall

pale-illusionist

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it in just over 40 hrs. Think i did all the side quests except for the collectibles and challenge one. Absolutely fantastic game and Loved every single minute of it. Definitely one of the sleeper hits of this whole gen.

was expecting a pirate based rpg  like black flag with monsters but what i got was complete unexpected. Story is a great mix of politics, religion, nature and you play as a diplomat of his nation who goes on solving the problem and disputes of other nation and making them your allies or enemies. The quest (inc sidequests) system is the best since witcher 3 and even surpasses it at many places and best of all is that there is no detective vision bullshit or anything. Combat is ok, its simplistic but will provide you with a challenge esp at the start and towards the end. Thankfully there not much combat in the game. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, AnK said:

Apparently Sony treats PSplus games for PS5 & 4 separately 

It’s bullshit on thier part nonetheless 

they can atleast match this vis-à-vis GamesPass 

I don't think so. If I remember right, Control Ultimate Edition came to PS+ and gave the PS5 upgrade option as well. AFAIK it's up to the devs whether to give the next gen version or not. The only difference between the 2 systems is - Devs have to actively work on a next gen patch for the PS5 version, whereas on the XSX, the system itself unlocks all the settings to get the highest possible performance (Just like on PC). So I don't think devs actually need to make a new patch for the XSX version.

If devs are actively working and curating a patch - then it's understandable if they are not interested in giving it away for free to people who did not purchase the game in the first place.

Control Ultimate Edition was a stand alone SKU & different from base game 

& there was no Free upgrade of any sort for last gen owners 

PS+ gave Ultimate Edition so it couldn’t be separated from last gen/next gen version like the other games 

PS+ offers 1 PS5 & 2 PS4 games 

so you don’t really get access to the other version if they are two separate SKU’s 

It’s a technical point but considering the competition Sony should find a way around 

Edited by AnK

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

AFAIK it's up to the devs whether to give the next gen version or not. The only difference between the 2 systems is - Devs have to actively work on a next gen patch for the PS5 version, whereas on the XSX, the system itself unlocks all the settings to get the highest possible performance (Just like on PC). So I don't think devs actually need to make a new patch for the XSX version.

That’s not entirely correct 

SX does do better BC 

but the “official Enhancement patch” that many games are witnessing is not something it achieves on its own 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

Control Ultimate Edition was a stand alone SKU & different from base game 

& there was no Free upgrade of any sort for last gen owners 

PS+ gave Ultimate Edition so it couldn’t be separated from last gen/next gen version like the other games 

PS+ offers 1 PS5 & 2 PS4 games 

so you don’t really get access to the other version if they are two separate SKU’s 

It’s a technical point but considering the competition Sony should find a way around 

SKU might have been different, but there was a last gen version of Control Ultimate Edition. It's not like The Ultimate Edition was exclusive to next gen. Also, the exclusive PS5 game for that month was Destruction All Stars. Control UE was given for both PS4 (Last Gen version) and PS5 (Next Gen Version). Not to mention, Remedy might have just as easily chosen to give out the base game only (Like they did on the Gamepass).

Overall, my point still stands. I still feel it's up to publishers whether they want to give the next gen patch to PS5 owners or not, whereas on XSX, it's the PC version - so the game just unlocks all the settings.

12 hours ago, AnK said:

Apparently Sony treats PSplus games for PS5 & 4 separately 

It’s bullshit on thier part nonetheless 

they can atleast match this vis-à-vis GamesPass 

They have to balance both PS4 and PS5 freebies. 

They are doing their part for PS4 users by keeping Rangarok, Horizon 2 on the platform. 

These ps plus benefits for PS5 are perks for being the early adopters of the hardware. 

Edited by VamosReva

13 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

These ps plus benefits for PS5 are perks for being the early adopters of the hardware. 

Absolutely 

they should have incentivised early adapters with these free upgrades for PSplus 

Even if there is a technicality with the publisher involved as I mentioned 

Sony is on a high headed horse right now for sure 

I think it's more than a matter of mere patch, it's the license structure that changes when this (Greedfall) game got a PS5 version. PSN+ games you claim would only be yours till the time you have the subscription active. When this game was given out as a PSN+ freebie, it was only for the PS4 version. Their servers would lock this version version as a part of the PSN+ subscription license. PS5 version is treated as a fresh copy, so either Sony or Focus Home Interactive decided that only fully purchased copies of the PS4 version would get the free upgrade. All PS5 version titles we have received so far in PSN+ have all been when they have been release simultaneously on day-1, as far as I know. None of the titles were a part of the free upgrade path, they were the native versions. Do note that this is not a 60fps patch like The Last of Us 2 or Ratchet & Clank; It's a full platform upgrade.

It's very unfortunate they couldn't do it for this game, but I'm curious to see if it's some limitation due to which these upgrade paths don't apply to PSN+ versions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

SKU might have been different, but there was a last gen version of Control Ultimate Edition. It's not like The Ultimate Edition was exclusive to next gen. Also, the exclusive PS5 game for that month was Destruction All Stars. Control UE was given for both PS4 (Last Gen version) and PS5 (Next Gen Version). Not to mention, Remedy might have just as easily chosen to give out the base game only (Like they did on the Gamepass).

Overall, my point still stands. I still feel it's up to publishers whether they want to give the next gen patch to PS5 owners or not, whereas on XSX, it's the PC version - so the game just unlocks all the settings.

That is not true at all. Both the systems need games to be patched separately if devs want to release a next gen patch. It doesn't happen automatically on Xbox. What you are talking about is BC, which is not what is being talked about here

So, this is something that I realised since I've got the PS5 now.

This is just an example and may not be a completely accurate comparison for this game.

So let's take a game like FIFA 21. There is a proper PS5 SKU that you can download and play and it's the proper PS5 version.

But God Of War, it still runs the PS4 SKU and runs via the BC mode. All SSM did was release a patch that unlocks the Framerate for the PS5 which is an added option on top of the PS4 Pro (obviously the Enhanced Performance mode won't work on the PS4 Pro).

So, I'm not sure what the case is with this game.