Middle Earth: Shadow of War

PS Fan

Started this game last night and though it took some time to adjust the visual settings properly for 60fps experience, but finally managed to hit the sweet spot. The game itself is really good. It's grindy and repetitive as hell, but very addictive, just like the last one. I'm so glad they unlocked most of Talion's major abilities right at the start. The traversing is now so easy with the wall/obstacle vault sprint and the double jump ability. This is even faster than riding a Caragor.  

I'm level 15 now and just got my first legendary Dark dagger. I like the new improved nemesis system. I remember dying a lot in Shadow of Mordor. This one though, not so much. The only time I was actually killed  was by a Caragor and that too I got stuck in an animation loop. Even the last chance QTE is now better. I hate that in the earlier one you had to guide that arrow into the circle, which I could almost never complete. I also noticed that I didn't die most of the time even after my health was completely drained out. Sometimes the captains would humiliate me, which I understand. Other times, I would just sit there for sometime and bounce right back up with half my health replenished (glitch?). 

The gems combination to boost your gear stats is extremely simple. I keep disposing off the unwanted gear immediately to gain mirian. Speaking of mirian, what is it used for in this game? In the last one, I could unlocked additional rune slots on the weapons. I got all the slots unlocked for my gear already and have about 6K on my right now. What is it used for? Loot chests? 

4 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

though it took some time to adjust the visual settings properly for 60fps experience

The game is well optimized and it can hit the 60fps spot mid settings even on low end cards. I didn't even customized the settings on my own. It was giving me smooth fps with high settings. 

This is even faster than riding a Caragor.  

Nah bru, Caragor is still much faster. Also the maps are huge this time so you'll need the summon caragor ability early in game. It'll also help you with captians and warchiefs who are afraid of them. 

Speaking of mirian, what is it used for in this game? In the last one, I could unlocked additional rune slots on the weapons. I got all the slots unlocked for my gear already and have about 6K on my right now. What is it used for? Loot chests? 

Mirian are available easily by doing side quests which can be grindy but you'll have enough if you're not spending it on loot boxes and believe me you won't be needing them. Mirians are just needed to upgrade your weapons by completing specific quest first, unlocking rune slots and giving your army an extra edge while conquering or defending fortresses. 

• 3 weeks later...

1kLwCqD.jpg

Free Updates and Features (Included in the patch) 

• Endless Siege: Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. 
  • Rebellion: Crush the Rebellion that sweeps Mordor as your followers band together and try to overthrow you. 
  • Enhanced Photo Mode: Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames, and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update.

Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC (Now available for purchase) 

• The following content and features will be added to your game upon purchase of the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC. Please note that if you currently own the Expansion Pass, this content is included with your pass. 
  • Slaughter Tribe: The Uruks and Ologs from the Slaughter tribe are coming, bringing their own unique weapons, fighting style and a new fortress theme to Mordor.

New Slaughter Tribe Missions 

• Tribal Showdown: Face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe in Tribal Showdowns, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete. 
  • Tribal War Band: Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash. 
  • Legendary Gear Set: The Slaughter tribe brings their own Legendary gear set with new upgrade challenges. Accomplish these and bring your power to new levels! 
  • Blood Ambush: Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe in a Blood Ambush as they’ve learned that safety in numbers provides quite an advantage.

Additional Fixes 

• Fixed a number of issues where the player could encounter an infinite loading screen. 
  • Addressed a number of instances where Talion could get stuck within specific objects, which would force the player to have to restart the game. 
  • Fixed a few issues where Talion could fall outside of the environment, which would force the player to have to restart the game. 
  • Fixed a few issues where a message that reads “Invalid ID” could appear in specific instances. 
  • Fixed an incorrect tutorial message for poisoning a nearby barrel that would ask the player to hold the button rather than press the button. 
  • Followers will no longer die from bleed out if they are on a fortress wall that gets destroyed; they will now safely teleport to the ground.

Finally completed shadow wars. Appreciated the end tribute of the developer. But I never got saved by him ever during the whole run. Did any of you guys got him as the savior. Is he not available in the retail copies we get here?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I think I'm still in Act II and am on level 42. What's the best way to level up post end game? Do we have enough missions to boost us up to level 60?

So far, only the main story and side missions deliver the maximum amount of XP. 

13 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I think I'm still in Act II and am on level 42. What's the best way to level up post end game? Do we have enough missions to boost us up to level 60?

So far, only the main story and side missions deliver the maximum amount of XP. 

Vendetta missions, outposts and Online Social invasions.

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

Vendetta missions, outposts and Online Social invasions.

How much XP are we talking for each here roughly?

The requirements seem to rise exponentially with each level up. 

The easy but still grindy way I did to earn xp in act 4: Earn gold first through daily challenges. Buy an xp boost from market. Then start pitting your low level captains with the new high level captains. These nemesis missions give good amount of xp and with the boost they can give 6000-9000xp per mission. Anyway you have to do these to level up your orcs for the sieges. Also complete a siege when your boost is active. That gave me 2 level up for one siege instead of only 1. They grant your captains 7 or more levels and you get to fight a good tense battle all the while keeping your own safe.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Act4 is end game. You have to make some effort to level up. 

100% completion achieved. :D

Act IV wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be, in fact I loved the siege building and the battles. Over, all I thought the game was more refined than Shadow of Mordor. Are there any story DLCs planned?

5 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

100% completion achieved. :D

Act IV wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be, in fact I loved the siege building and the battles. Over, all I thought the game was more refined than Shadow of Mordor. Are there any story DLCs planned?

How much time did it take for you?

As for DLC, 5 posts above you. eAlCQhS.png

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

How much time did it take for you?

I'd say close to 10-12 hours. I spent a lot of time leveling up, getting Legendary stuff and the pit fights to level up my Orcs. It's grind-y, but very addictive. The ending for which it's played was a massive let down, nay, more like a slap in the face. You'd think that after all the hard work, you could at least have a half decent boss battle, but nope.