Destiny 2

Tyler

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Sounds bad RNG but it does often drop weapon more than gear and that sucks big time when you are chasing power level cap. I lost count how many Bows and RECKLESS ORACLES dropped... But of course Pulse won't drop for me since I use it often. ? 

All I need is class item to hit cap but 3 weeks and still no luck. ? 

I hit max light cap on all three characters two weeks back and I am taking a break from the game. Will only complete exotic quests and time gated title quests this season. Pulse rifles are my favorite weapon types in the game and I keep getting them every raid lol. The first one I ever got ended up being a god roll and I love it. 

E6zFOg5.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Done with the season 

From previous season:

+56 rank with 34 days remaining

+22 days time played (528 hours)

+19325 triumph score

+409 collection

+8 more Valor resets

+0 Infamy resets

+4 new seals. Savior time gated at the moment but otherwise done as well. 

unknown.png

Very average season and ran out of stuff a month early. Looking forward to next. ?

Edited by Heaven Angel

17 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
Done with the season [emoji736]

From previous season:

+56 rank with 34 days remaining
+22 days time played (528 hours)
+19325 triumph score
+409 collection
+8 more Valor resets
+0 Infamy resets
+4 new seals. Savior time gated at the moment but otherwise done as well. 

Very average season and ran out of stuff a month early. Looking forward to next. [emoji2957]

If you aren't a pvp player don't thing you will enjoy next one either.. Its rumored to be a lot pvp centric.. And trials definitely are making a return..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Edited by Joe Cool

6 minutes ago, sobbii said:

If you aren't a pvp player don't thing you will enjoy next one either.. Its rumored to be a lot pvp centric.. And trials definitely are making a return..

Yeah, looks like Trials is returning. I think they will make some changes to it compared to the original trials system/version.

Not a hardcore PvP player but I enjoy Iron Banner/Control/Rumble a lot. Survival is okay but often ruined by awful luck matchmaking. ?

Also, hoping there is something for PvE too. 

25 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

You already got 3 more titles done compared to last season :O
I'm still chasing Dredgen & Savior.. Only done with the Harbinger one this season

Yeah, was cleaning up Wayfarer weekly. Cursebreaker took a while due to Secret Victories emblem. Both fairly easy but time consuming. 

Dredgen somehow cleared it. I thought Army of One would take longer but with Truth/Xeno it didn't take much time.

Harbinger is very cool title. I just need to clear up PoH solo. Last time I gave up on boss ugh. ?

Finally some good changes

AN AFFINITY FOR YOU

When we introduced Armor 2.0 with Shadowkeep last fall, we got a lot of feedback on the new armor system – specifically pertaining to Elemental Affinities. Many of you have been asking for the ability to change Elemental Affinity types on armor. We’ll be adding the ability to do this starting next Season. 

You’ll soon be able to change the Elemental Affinity on any piece of armor to either of the other two Affinity types directly from the item’s inspection screen by hovering your cursor over the armor's energy icon. This is intended to mitigate the experience of getting an armor drop with a stat roll you want, but the wrong Elemental Affinity. Changing an armor Affinity type will cost 1 Upgrade Module. If your armor is already upgraded to a higher energy level, the cost will be the total upgrade materials necessary to reach that energy value plus 1 Upgrade Module. 

SEASONAL MODS

We also received a lot of suggestions on how to improve Seasonal mods. Starting next Season, the Seasonal armor mod socket (e.g. Undying Mods, Dawn Mods) will also be able to use mods released during the Seasons before and after the armor piece was released.

For example, armor with a mod socket from Season of Dawn can now equip Dawn Mods, Undying Mods from Season of the Undying, and [Redacted] Mods (from Season of [Redacted])

25 days more.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, Joe Cool said:

1000 Power Level achieved. 

Congrats! I stopped playing the game for a month now and will not be playing till they bring out something new. Not looking forward to trials. 

All my three characters are female awokens :)

45 minutes ago, Keano said:

Congrats! I stopped playing the game for a month now and will not be playing till they bring out something new. Not looking forward to trials. 

Yeah, am kind of bored too now. Just do some raids with clan or help new players while waiting for new games to release. 

Both the seasons have been lacklustre so far and almost half of the days are empty or filled with same Iron Banner or repeated boring events. The story goes nowhere. Also end in cliffhanger and they never get around it. Trials is overhyped as usual and given the state of Crucible, people will quickly start raging about it. Can't wait to see the disaster with no anti-cheat + F2P + luck based MM. 

Trials also can't be only thing about the season. So they really need to bring something good and not another budget Menagerie (VO and Sundial). 

This preview is hilarious and sad and likely very much on point.

:rofl:

51 minutes ago, Keano said:

All my three characters are female awokens :)

:cheers:

1 hour ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Is PvP connection in this game really peer-to-peer? No dedicated servers which host the games?

Yes the pvp is p2p and not dedicated servers. If you are not using VPN, the opponents can easily figure out your IP and start a DDOS attack. This has happened during Trials. Even during day one Raid race.

ERQP97yVAAEmvPw?format=jpg&name=large

Awesome design

THIS WEEK AT BUNGIE – 2/20/2020

• A new Nightfall difficulty, officially dubbed “Grandmaster,” will test even the most proficient Guardians. 
  • Izanagi’s Burden nerf - honed edge wont reload as fast and outlaw got replaced by no distractions
  • Sniper Rifles nerfs - all snipers get a reduction in damage dealt to majors and above, adaptives got their headshot multiplier reduced, and Rapid fire snipers got their base impact reduced from 100 to 90
  • Aggressive GLs - renamed to rapid fire, deal less damage per shot than adaptives but will have more reserves to make up for it. All heavy GLs now deal 10% less damage to majors and above
  • LoW nerf - while the 10 burst is active the gun becomes more inaccurate
  • The Last Word RIP - ADSing with it will now result in a 4 tap at best with 4 headshots and bodyshot ADS damage is severely reduced. Hipfire aim assist is improved
  • Non-slug shotguns - nerfed, ADSing no longer increases range
  • Backup plan - you now deal rapid fire fusion damage while backup plan is active
  • Auto Rifles - slightly buffed in PvP, some slightly higher headshot and bodyshot damage here and there

More changes coming to exotics, armour, supers. Full list in coming weeks. 

Our goal was to help you feel informed. Hopefully you feel some excitement, and we know you'll potentially feel some sorrow. It's a bummer when your swiss army knife isn't the best tool for the majority of situations anymore, but maybe you'll find a new tool that refreshes your interest in come encounters, or pushes you to rethink the strategy you've been using for 5 or so months.

This TWAB is coming out a few weeks before a new season so you can get some time in with the current meta before a shift. There's also the goal of you knowing these changes are coming, rather than being surprised on day one of the next season.

Once the changes are live, I hope that you're able to find some feelings from your gameplay and share them with us. What rises to the top next season may end up being one of your favorites ever, even if it had been sitting in your vault collecting dust. Maybe you'll feel that some things went down too much, which will be valuable for us to hear as we discuss feedback with the team.

I really do like this question, though, as I'm able to see hot takes and first impressions pretty quick 

-dmg

Meta shake-up :panic:

Its amazing watching the meta shift based on PC input while console gameplay continues to be in the gutter. No one gives a sh*t about Last Word, LoW and even slug shotguns on consoles, and they continue to nerf them across the board. Glad I dropped the game when I did because it looks like the continuation of same sh*t.

Come to PC. Think it has majority population now and the game is super active and more variety in guns too. Controller works as well. Since launch of SK on Steam, the game has been in top 10 most played. Pretty much every activity is available and Discord servers are fantastic with LFG.

The Last Word is was very good. Hip fire is something probably not good on consoles so understandable no one using it. LoW needed the nerf. It was running rampant and annoying as hell with bullshite 28 range mapping across.

However, the game should have multiple sandboxes (PC/Console/PvE/PvP) with all changes/nerfs but doesn't look like it is going to happen. 

On 2/21/2020 at 4:03 PM, Joe Cool said:

Come to PC. Think it has majority population now and the game is super active and more variety in guns too. Controller works as well. Since launch of SK on Steam, the game has been in top 10 most played. Pretty much every activity is available and Discord servers are fantastic with LFG.

The Last Word is was very good. Hip fire is something probably not good on consoles so understandable no one using it. LoW needed the nerf. It was running rampant and annoying as hell with bullshite 28 range mapping across.

However, the game should have multiple sandboxes (PC/Console/PvE/PvP) with all changes/nerfs but doesn't look like it is going to happen. 

Nah, maybe during Forsaken which was honestly the best time to switch. Ever since then and especially after splitting from Activision, they've been fumbling like idiots and making boneheaded decisions. Its no surprise that some of the best content in D2 is made by Acti's support studios, and now that they're gone all Bungie does is polish the trinkets in EV store, make shitty versions of Menagerie and look for next set of things to nerf. 

As for the Warlock’s Handheld Supernova, we’ve made a number of changes to bring this ability in line with the other one-shot abilities. While part of HHSN’s strength lies in its pairing with the Contraverse Hold Exotic gauntlets (which are also being tuned this Season), our data indicated that even without Contraverse Hold, Handheld Supernova needed to be adjusted. Here are the changes:

• Increased activation time by 0.6 seconds
  • Reduced hold time from 3.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds
  • Reduced range by 20%
  • Tightened horizontal spread of bolts by 25%
  • Bolt explosion now does self-damage
  • Reduced bolt explosion radius from 3m to 2.5m

Nice :thumbsup:

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2