Destiny 2

Tyler

AUG 11 – SEPT 8, 2020 :dance:

The annual tradition to honor the sacrifices of Guardians everywhere has come again. Eva has returned to the Tower and awaits you near the Statue of Heroes. Gather and celebrate the resilience of humanity’s foremost defenders.

• Fly the friendly skies of the European Aerial Zone (EAZ) and take on the Hive, Cabal, and Fallen. Once you’ve dispatched your foes in this three-player matchmade activity, set out across the EAZ in search of treasure chests. The more bosses you defeat, the more rewards you’ll earn.
  • Each day, the event will feature either Solar, Arc, or Void. Eliminate enemies throughout the game with the matching element, then return to the Tower to craft and upgrade your armor. Reach the Majestic level and your armor will begin to glow as you reveal the Light within. 
  • Raise your Power Level by earning Solstice Key Fragments and unlocking Solstice Packages containing Powerful gear and new armor upgrades. Increase your collection score for the year and continue your Moments of Triumph journey by collecting two additional Triumphs.
  • Eververse is celebrating with new accessories, emotes, and a smashing new finisher. There are also new Universal Ornament sets to make any Legendary armor look like Solstice armor… and they glow. The glow changes color with your subclass, so no matter what element the situation calls for, you can be sure your fireteam never loses sight of you. 

solstice_of_heroes_media_screenshot_8.jp

solstice_of_heroes_media_screenshot_2.jp

• Earning the Majestic Legendary set will unlock the option to purchase a Universal Ornament set from Eververse for either Silver or Bright Dust. This ornament will change its glow to match your Elemental subclass color. Unlike last year, you won’t need to purchase individual color glows. Each class set will be able to display three different elemental glows that will match whatever subclass you have equipped at the time.
  • As a bonus, all of the Elemental Universal Ornaments will also support a fourth glow for players who equip the Stasis subclass when Beyond Light releases this fall.

unknown.png

JB_Solstice_Eververse.png

• Like 1

I sent a Clan request from the App to "IVG Crew" but still pending? I see myself playing destiny 2 for a while and joining a clan helps (both?) i suppose in gaining XP. @nash. Could you please help approve as i see you as admin. I play on PS4 though

Also, I was NOT ready for the recent Solstice of Heroes event :|. Got a jump from 930 level to 1017 level in one sitting thanks to the free new Armour set which are of level 1020.

Also reaching > 1000 level has unlocked lot more quests, weekly challenges etc and now my Director is cluttered!!

Wanted to finish Campaign missions (which have become way too easy due to power level) first and then onto Quests for getting Exotics but always keep getting distracted.

Now, with the new weekly event, that requires some tasks to get the "glows"? Seems a good distraction though.

The amount of content on F2P for this game is ridiculous. I was thinking that this was a full game that we got in PS+ long back but this content seems this content is all part of F2P. With Legacy worlds, campaigns leaving in November , now is a good time to invest in this game. 

Few Questions:

(1) Regarding the expansions, I only see upgrade edition having Shadowkeep and Forsaken.? Is there any edition that will contain Beyond Light + Shadow Keep + Forsaken?  or can i expect that to be made available in near future. If not, i will track the upgrade edition and try to grab it in a sale after a month or two. (Hoping they both are worth it?)

(2) I see the upgrade edition also says it would include ongoing season pass.  In Destiny Season pass, do we get option to earn some items for getting the next season pass (like apex legends for example) . Or All season passes independent?

If season pass in general contains very good loot, then it makes sense to get the upgrade edition sooner since we still have 90 days left for this season. (Is it doable?)

F2P version keeps you busy for solid 300+ hours. 

(1) Regarding the expansions, I only see upgrade edition having Shadowkeep and Forsaken.? Is there any edition that will contain Beyond Light + Shadow Keep + Forsaken?  or can i expect that to be made available in near future. If not, i will track the upgrade edition and try to grab it in a sale after a month or two. (Hoping they both are worth it?)

I don't think it will be bundled with Beyond Light yet or at all. Shaowkeep and Forsaken goes on sale often and available for quite cheap for what it offers. You will get lots of new quests/exotics/raids/dungeons etc. It is worth buying if you are enjoying the F2P version.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

(2) I see the upgrade edition also says it would include ongoing season pass.  In Destiny Season pass, do we get option to earn some items for getting the next season pass (like apex legends for example) . Or All season passes independent?

Season pass is free and paid. Free version is pretty standard and paid version unlocks the bottom row and seasonal quests/exotics. You also get bunch of materials/cosmetics/ornaments. 

It is worth it again if you play regularly and plan to hit rank 100 every season to get max value.

For Beyond Light, you can pick Deluxe edition and it will cover expansion + 4 seasons. So no more purchase for entire year 4. 

• Thanks 1

Man I remember last year's SOL spending days farming EAZ (before they fixed the shitty grind) to get the armor for all 3 classes and spend $45 on glows, only for that armor to become obsolete when Moon expansion dropped. Fking Bungie :lol: 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't think it will be bundled with Beyond Light yet or at all. Shaowkeep and Forsaken goes on sale often and available for quite cheap for what it offers. You will get lots of new quests/exotics/raids/dungeons etc. It is worth buying if you are enjoying the F2P version.

Yes will most likely grab it next time it goes on sale. Read somewhere it came down to around 35$.

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Season pass is free and paid. Free version is pretty standard and paid version unlocks the bottom row and seasonal quests/exotics. You also get bunch of materials/cosmetics/ornaments. 

It is worth it again if you play regularly and plan to hit rank 100 every season to get max value.

For Beyond Light, you can pick Deluxe edition and it will cover expansion + 4 seasons. So no more purchase for entire year 4. 

So each season pass has to be bought separately (assuming for non-deluxe edition users). 

I was checking if they have something similar to Apex where you spend 950 to get season pass but earn back 1000 by completing the season pass itself.

I don't find that (silver offerings) in the bottom row either so each season pass is on its own (or for a year if we get deluxe edition).

Side Note:

Saw that Destiny 2 with all expansions are going to be added to Xbox game pass. So if xbox series s is priced right and releasing here, might as well grab it.

For a game of this size, assuming,  they would have to keep this in Game Pass for atleast an 6-months - 1 year.

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

So each season pass has to be bought separately (assuming for non-deluxe edition users). 

Yes if you don't have deluxe edition. You can buy season pass for 1000 silver ~ $10 USD.

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I was checking if they have something similar to Apex where you spend 950 to get season pass but earn back 1000 by completing the season pass itself.

Afraid no such thing here. At best you get some extra Bright Dust which you can spend to buy cosmetic. 

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I don't find that (silver offerings) in the bottom row either so each season pass is on its own (or for a year if we get deluxe edition).

Yeah, they don't give silver. Only way to get silver is by paying for it.

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Saw that Destiny 2 with all expansions are going to be added to Xbox game pass. So if xbox series s is priced right and releasing here, might as well grab it.

For a game of this size, assuming,  they would have to keep this in Game Pass for atleast an 6-months - 1 year.

This won't include seasons but still a very nice deal. Covers Base game/DLCs/Forsaken/Shadowkeep/Beyond Light. You only need to buy seasons and I think you get discount too when you decide to by the deluxe version.

Likely will stay on GP for years. Destiny 2 will be supported for 3 more years minimum. 

This year Solstice grind is fairly easy. 

The glow is also available as ornament and you can apply on armor you already have. Support throughout year 4 / till next Solstice. 

White glow should have been ornament upgrade instead of armor tied. Don't want to RNG roll while having god roll set already.. Pointless. 

19 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Yes will most likely grab it next time it goes on sale. Read somewhere it came down to around 35$.

I heard somewhere that if you buy Shadowkeep then by default it includes the current season pass.. not 100% sure though

On 8/12/2020 at 12:40 PM, Pacifier said:

I sent a Clan request from the App to "IVG Crew" but still pending? I see myself playing destiny 2 for a while and joining a clan helps (both?) i suppose in gaining XP. @nash. Could you please help approve as i see you as admin. I play on PS4 though

Also, I was NOT ready for the recent Solstice of Heroes event :|. Got a jump from 930 level to 1017 level in one sitting thanks to the free new Armour set which are of level 1020.

Also reaching > 1000 level has unlocked lot more quests, weekly challenges etc and now my Director is cluttered!!

Wanted to finish Campaign missions (which have become way too easy due to power level) first and then onto Quests for getting Exotics but always keep getting distracted.

Now, with the new weekly event, that requires some tasks to get the "glows"? Seems a good distraction though.

The amount of content on F2P for this game is ridiculous. I was thinking that this was a full game that we got in PS+ long back but this content seems this content is all part of F2P. With Legacy worlds, campaigns leaving in November , now is a good time to invest in this game. 

Few Questions:

If season pass in general contains very good loot, then it makes sense to get the upgrade edition sooner since we still have 90 days left for this season. (Is it doable?)

Sure man. Sorry I haven't been playing Destiny for a while @Tyler can you help him out dude?

On 8/12/2020 at 5:32 PM, Joe Cool said:

This year Solstice grind is fairly easy. 

The glow is also available as ornament and you can apply on armor you already have. Support throughout year 4 / till next Solstice. 

White glow should have been ornament upgrade instead of armor tied. Don't want to RNG roll while having god roll set already.. Pointless. 

So i have been doing Armour objectives to get to Majestic first. Looking at some online videos , it seems like the Glow can only be purchased with 6000 bright dust. 

Is it possible to get that much bright dust before the event ends?(I am currently around 1500) I only play with Hunter and seems weekly bounties are the only way to earn Bright dust. So 1200 per week. 

Any other way to earn more? I also have a dormant warlock character. If i do weekly bounties with that character , would it add bright dust to a Common pool or just available for warlock?

6 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

So i have been doing Armour objectives to get to Majestic first. Looking at some online videos , it seems like the Glow can only be purchased with 6000 bright dust. 

Is it possible to get that much bright dust before the event ends?(I am currently around 1500) I only play with Hunter and seems weekly bounties are the only way to earn Bright dust. So 1200 per week. 

Any other way to earn more? I also have a dormant warlock character. If i do weekly bounties with that character , would it add bright dust to a Common pool or just available for warlock?

You can get.

Weekly Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit - 1200

Solstice weekly - 400 - currently bugged but was addressed in yesterday's TWAB. 

You can also get extra dust from daily/repeatable bounties.

Event lasts 4 weeks. 1200x4 - 4800 + 400x4 - 1600

Total dust - 6400 - enough to buy 1 full set just by playing during the event.

You can use 2nd and 3rd characters too to grind out dust. They are added to common pool. 

~25600 dust earn-able just by doing weekly bounty on all 3 characters. Enough to buy 3 full sets + other cosmetics you like.  

The grind is very easy and you get 2-3x bonus as you finish up your first character. The event also speeds up with power leveling.  

Here's an optimal way to clear out objectives

hunter_guide.png

titan_guide.png

warlock_guide.png

Renewed roughly takes 4 hours. But currently giving 3x progress. So you can rush it out in 1-1.5 hours.

Majestic takes solid 8-12 hours. 

Once you finish Majestic you can do Magnificent -> account wide and get 2-3x progress on other 2 characters.

Time taken for 2nd and 3rd character drastically goes down with bonus. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

You can use 2nd and 3rd characters too to grind out dust. They are added to common pool. 

This is great news. Also may be a right time to create a new Titan character and obtain the Renewed Armour for a drastic power increase from default 750.

Thanks for the inputs as always. 

22 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

I heard somewhere that if you buy Shadowkeep then by default it includes the current season pass.. not 100% sure though

Yes, Shadowkeep or Upgrade Edition gives current season pass. It is mentioned in the PS store description.

DESTINY CONTENT VAULT: YEAR 4

With the launch of Year 4 on November 10, 2020, certain destinations, activities, and quests will be moved into the Destiny Content Vault (DCV). Players will have until this date to experience all listed content before it becomes unavailable to access in-game.

Looks like 70%+ stuff is going away. Beyond Lights needs to be huge! 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2