Destiny 2

Tyler

4 hours ago, Clenched_Balls said:

Don't think power weapons play a vital role, unless you are in a 1v3 or 1v4. Since the power weapon partially glows when it has ammo in it, it's easily dodge able. I have yet to face a situation, in the 70-75 pvp games that I've played in the beta, wherein I've felt that the OP'ness of the shotgun and the fusion rifle has hindered my performance. Since emphasis is laid on team play, the power weapon wielder can easily be outplayed.
But from what you've been saying, not trying to solo queue into games is the only probable solution since I don't see Bungie addressing the power ammo issue, except for its scarcity in pve.

They don't play a pivotal role if you're stomping or you're losing by an insane margin.

But they can definitely turn the tide of the game if it's somewhat close. I can rack up at least 3 kills with the Shotgun if not 8 per game if I get heavy twice.

8 kills is 8 players down, and 8 less players to stomp on my n00by power hungry teammates, can definitely make a difference in the game.

If you're winning 75-20 then it doesn't matter whether you pick power or not. But this method of giving the least deserving people an equal chance at power is just stupid. Just like supers charge faster for more kills and more caps power weapons should be allowed priority to players with the highest amount of kills in the game at that point. That ways good players always have a chance and so still do bad players if they get there first, get the first power weapon of the map etc.

That Set Defuse Charge mode is too tough.Always get killed [emoji14]

Deleted the beta.

Are there any other modes like Imperial Strike?

081356963d07840b0e7b6f587e1f7d64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

tQ4E6k0.png Easily the most boring social hub I've ever seen. 

Not that the tower in first one was anything intersting.. you ll get used to it.. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

tQ4E6k0.png Easily the most boring social hub I've ever seen. 

Had to be lacklustre, because everything was shut down. According to what the developers said, there are gonna be some activities in the farm when the main game comes out, which should be interesting.
Heck, they even disabled chicken.exe in the beta :/

They don't play a pivotal role if you're stomping or you're losing by an insane margin.

But they can definitely turn the tide of the game if it's somewhat close. I can rack up at least 3 kills with the Shotgun if not 8 per game if I get heavy twice.

8 kills is 8 players down, and 8 less players to stomp on my n00by power hungry teammates, can definitely make a difference in the game.

If you're winning 75-20 then it doesn't matter whether you pick power or not. But this method of giving the least deserving people an equal chance at power is just stupid. Just like supers charge faster for more kills and more caps power weapons should be allowed priority to players with the highest amount of kills in the game at that point. That ways good players always have a chance and so still do bad players if they get there first, get the first power weapon of the map etc.

Like I told you already, solo queuing will not help the cause in anyway, since even if Bungie restrict the power ammo availability to those who've got the kills, you can't guarantee that it'll be wielded by the right hands, since it's KDA that's been considered in the game and not KD. Hence, for now, getting a full fireteam of 4 is the only way out.

I also don't like that social hubs are going to be limited to 26 players... Not even an entire guild could fit in. GqKw5YI.png

The football doesn't look fun. Everything is static and lifeless. 

Everything was shut down, then what was the point of making it available during beta? It only leaves a bad impression. 

Give some details on story and PvE already. What kind of depth? How much grind? How many co-op missions & raids? Guild details and what not. Only a month away and all we get is some stupid arse social hub with limits and bland statements like "there is so much story that people will complain". Yeah, right. 

I also don't like that social hubs are going to be limited to 26 players... Not even an entire guild could fit in. GqKw5YI.png

Everything was shut down, then what was the point of making it available during beta? It only leaves a bad impression. 

Give some details on story and PvE already. What kind of depth? How much grind? How many co-op missions & raids? Guild details and what not. Only a month away and all we get is some stupid arse social hub with limits and bland statements like "there is so much story that people will complain". Yeah, right. 

I would've said that if this was the last beta, but there's one more. Also, given that IGN is doing reveal videos on almost a regular basis, maybe I feel like we just got to wait, since it's not compelling that we HAVE to preorder the game, if we wish to play it. So, until then, all we can do is appreciate or criticise or appreciate and criticise XD

I did enjoy the solo and co-op mission. The gunplay was good but rest everything else is not up to the par. Need a lot of information about the game. 

The IGN First videos don't really tell anything really. ~48 hours just to tell us that game will have 11 languages...

Another video was titled as exploration and all they showed was combat. jGoYDeF.png Every gameplay video has been PvP content. 

Appreciate the sound, graphics, solo/co-op mission and gunplay. Rest everything nope. Those videos are only making it look mediocre. 

As for the co-op, I hope there is a private option where it can be done with just 2 players and not look for the 3rd random player. 

48 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Only one Raid in base game.  More will be part of paid DLC packs just like First game. 

Base game raid will be unlocked after few weeks as you need time to prepare yourself for Raid nd all.

All missions can be played in coop. Every mode supports traditional matchmaking except - Nightfall Strikes and Raids.  Both Nightfall and Raids will give you best tier loots but you have to rely on your friends or use that guided games system to help you out.

Nightfall strikes doesn't include any raid like complex gameplay mechanics but still Bungie decided not to add traditional matchmaking for even Nightfall 

Story will definitely suck. Bungie is weak in story department. Halo story isn't great either. You are playing this game strictly for gameplay and loot. Nothing else. MMO Grind is there but if its better than Destiny 1 or worst can't tell without playing. 

• Like 1

I did enjoy the solo and co-op mission. The gunplay was good but rest everything else is not up to the par. Need a lot of information about the game. 

The IGN First videos don't really tell anything really. ~48 hours just to tell us that game will have 11 languages...

Another video was titled as exploration and all they showed was combat. jGoYDeF.png Every gameplay video has been PvP content. 

Appreciate the sound, graphics, solo/co-op mission and gunplay. Rest everything nope. Those videos are only making it look mediocre. 

As for the co-op, I hope there is a private option where it can be done with just 2 players and not look for the 3rd random player. 

No complete exploration videos have been released yet. I think you were talking about the nessus exploration teaser from IGN. As the name suggests, it's just a teaser.
As far as your liking goes, I've heard people having mixed reactions towards those gameplay aspects as well. There's an equal part of the community liking it as against the ones hating it, so I'm stoked to see how bungie is going to handle this, since they would have to cater to the needs of both the casual and hardcore player base.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Only one Raid in base game.

Good joke. Right? yjZy7V7.png 

16 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Destiny 2: Exploring Nessus' Lost Sectors, Public Events, and Adventures - IGN First

TL;DR

• Public Events - They wanted public events to be more dynamic. Rather than spawning in set places they spawn in random places from the sounds of it. There are also optional heroic triggers for public events, which when triggered will spawn harder enemies, bosses, and objectives, but you get better rewards for completing it. He referred to it as an extra hard version of the event. They also mention having a much larger pool of public events that can spawn.
  • Adventures - Basically side missions. They are small, self-contained stories that expand on the story of the destination or characters on that destination. No load screens or anything, they are simply picked up during patrol.
  • Lost Sectors - Marked by a symbol painted on something, they make sure the symbols are visible from the main roads. Once you see the symbol you'll still have to find the entrance, they only alert you to the fact that one is nearby. He mentions that some are much harder to find than others, and they vary in scope quite a bit as well. Some can be relatively small while others are quite large. They contain enemies/bosses with a chest that spawns once you defeat the boss.
  • World Quests - Rather than being a small side quest like Adventures, World Quests are much larger multi part quests that tell larger stories about a destination or character. The one in the video they were sent on expands on why Failsafe (a new AI in Destiny 2) is on the planet and what happened to the crew of the ship that crashed there. World Quests open up after you complete the main campaign.
  • Landing Points/Exploration - Each destination has multiple landing points which are not all immediately unlocked. They wanted it to feel like you are actually exploring an unknown place, so when you first land and look at your map you won't see very much, but as you move through the destination and explore you'll uncover/unlock more stuff. He mentions that you could very well end up accidentally wandering into a higher level area you shouldn't be in yet, which gives each area a sense of progression. More stuff also unlocks once you finish the campaign.
  • Flashpoints - A weekly open world activity. Each week one destination will be marked and completing public events on that destination works towards the flashpoint progress. Cayde will also sell treasure maps each week for the featured flashpoint destination. There are also secret bosses that can only be triggered when a destination is the weekly flashpoint destination. He also just says that there's more stuff that occurs when a destination is the flashpoint but doesn't mention what.

__

Hmm...

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Good joke. Right? yjZy7V7.png 

They'll add more raids in coming months as the DLCs release. The raid in the base game will probably unlock at a later date as it did in the first game.

51 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

So the base game will have only ONE raid? JUST ONE? Rest everything will be PAID DLC? 

This is beyond shite if true. 

Well, that's how it was in the first game.

Vanilla Destiny -  Vault of Glass

The Dark Below - Crota's End

The Taken King - King's Fall

Rise of Iron - Wrath of the Machine

There was another DLC between The Dark Below and The Taken King called House of Wolves but it didn't bring any raid. They haven't said much about content drops in detail for the sequel. For now, we are just assuming.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2