Destiny 2

Tyler

We'll see, it's not like I'll be binging on it non-stop, there's several other games to play. And from what I understand the first expansion drops in December.
the game lacks the reason to keep you going at it.. pvp is also missing the fun.. i was playing it a lot like really a lot.. but once i was done with end game stuff i realised how badly the game needed content.. even the raid is not all that good that you would give it a go every week let alone giving it a go on all 3 characters..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just now, sobbii said:

the game lacks the reason to keep you going at it.. pvp is also missing the fun.. i was playing it a lot like really a lot.. but once i was done with end game stuff i realised how badly the game needed content.. even the raid is not all that good that you would give it a go every week let alone giving it a go on all 3 characters..

As someone who played a lot of Destiny on PS3/PS4 this sounds exactly like Destiny Year One. While it is a shame that Bungie decided to repeat the same I'm far more excited at the prospect of playing on the PC (apart from the technical stuff, it's just far more convenient for me given that my gaming time is dominated by PC). I know it will take me a while to get to 300 light. I know people reached max light level much earlier than I ever did with each expansion when I was playing D1. I also know that Bungie will keep building upon the game (it will cost money, sure but I won't be surprised if the game turns around in a year or so). So all in all, this "lack of content" doesn't bother me as much as it should. I don't mind if I get the best stuff earlier and have to put it on ice until the next expansion (there are always other games). I find the moment to moment gameplay in Destiny a lot of fun which along with the desire to obtain all exotics / worthwhile legendaries keeps me coming back to it.

As for PVP, I never bothered with it in D1 and I will continue to do so with D2 as well. I'm not a competitive multiplayer guy at all.

Depends upon the player. I still find it fun and I do the raid every week on 3 characters just to get the armour sets. Also, now you can do both normal and prestige and get the rewards for both of them for the week, so that's 3*2= 6 possible, rewarding raid completions per week ;)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

I'm in for the long haul. I hope spin is too.

yeah spin said he is not sure :P lol 

pretty sure he is gonna go back on warframe after a month max :P

I'll come too there, need to try frost prime

15 minutes ago, harjas said:

yeah spin said he is not sure :P lol 

pretty sure he is gonna go back on warframe after a month max :P

I'll come too there, need to try frost prime

We're playing Warframe almost every day. In fact he was "not sure" about coming back to Warframe either :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyler said:

We're playing Warframe almost every day. In fact he was "not sure" about coming back to Warframe either :P

How would you compare warframe to destiny? I tried warframe but sometimes it seems overwhelming with amount of stuff left to do, also combat missions feels repetitive

3 minutes ago, yash_495 said:

How would you compare warframe to destiny? I tried warframe but sometimes it seems overwhelming with amount of stuff left to do, also combat missions feels repetitive

This might end up being a long post but here goes...

Content:

So I've been playing Warframe since 2013 and the game has come a very long way. Compared to Destiny the amount of content is through the roof with new stuff being added every couple of months. New quests, warframes, weapons and maps are added regularly with the most recent update adding an "open world zone" to Earth which isn't unlike a Destiny patrol zone. Their plan is to add more of these going forward. When it comes to content, Warframe is the clear winner. There's a lot to do - story quests, the galaxy map, collecting every frame and weapon, daily sorties that award high level stuff.

Winner: Warframe

Gameplay:

I'd say both games are equally fun to play with tons of mobility and very satisfying shooting / powers. I'd give Warframe the slight edge though because of the sheer variety in how each warframe plays. Every single one of the 30 or so frames feels unique and the weapons are far more creative than standard rifles, snipers and shotguns. In comparison, Destiny has far fewer classes and weapons.

Accessibility:

This is where Destiny has a clear edge. Warframe gets more and more complicated as you play and certain mechanics aren't as fleshed out as others. Destiny is far more inviting to new players and overall a simple game that you can casually play, drop and pick up later without getting lost. Coming back to Warframe after a few months is crazy, you're bombarded with new stuff from every direction and it takes a while to make sense of anything. It's almost impossible to play Warframe without the wiki open in a browser tab. They've improved the new player stuff a lot but returning players still end up being lost.

Winner: Destiny

Rewards/Grind:

Both games are grindy af but I feel Warframe is slightly more just because of the overwhelming number of resources and items to keep track of as well as being a free to play game. That said, I don't feel like the game ever wastes your time because even while farming you're getting something (like XP, materials, chance at a specific reward) while Destiny is a bit hit or miss rewards. I'll say they're a tie on this front.

Winner: Tie

Story/Lore:

This one is a personal opinion but I find Warframe's lore and aesthetic more unique than Destiny's (which is simply a new take on the Halo formula). There are a few similarities between the two - like both are set in our solar system with different factions controlling planets and feature a sci-fi / fantasy theme. They both have surprisingly strong lore considering they're about doing repetitive missions for better loot. Both games have memorable characters with strong voice acting and dialog.

So yeah overall I prefer Warframe because the game has a lot more to offer and is consistently growing. The thing that holds it back somewhat is the player experience (you really need to fully commit to make the most of it) while Destiny is much more "pick up and play". The F2P aspect of Warframe is also quite fair and you get 75% off vouchers often as daily login rewards. Really the only thing you need platinum for is the inventory slots. It also has a thriving player economy where you can trade stuff for platinum. Whereas Destiny has microtransactions on top of the $60 pricetag which to me feels quite unfair.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler said:

This might end up being a long post but here goes...

Content:

So I've been playing Warframe since 2013 and the game has come a very long way. Compared to Destiny the amount of content is through the roof with new stuff being added every couple of months. New quests, warframes, weapons and maps are added regularly with the most recent update adding an "open world zone" to Earth which isn't unlike a Destiny patrol zone. Their plan is to add more of these going forward. When it comes to content, Warframe is the clear winner. There's a lot to do - story quests, the galaxy map, collecting every frame and weapon, daily sorties that award high level stuff.

Gameplay:

I'd say both games are equally fun to play with tons of mobility and very satisfying shooting / powers. I'd give Warframe the slight edge though because of the sheer variety in how each warframe plays. Every single one of the 30 or so frames feels unique and the weapons are far more creative than standard rifles, snipers and shotguns. In comparison, Destiny has far fewer classes and weapons.

Accessibility:

This is where Destiny has a clear edge. Warframe gets more and more complicated as you play and certain mechanics aren't as fleshed out as others. Destiny is far more inviting to new players and overall a simple game that you can casually play, drop and pick up later without getting lost. Coming back to Warframe after a few months is crazy, you're bombarded with new stuff from every direction and it takes a while to make sense of anything. It's almost impossible to play Warframe without the wiki open in a browser tab. They've improved the new player stuff a lot but returning players still end up being lost.

Winner: Destiny

Rewards/Grind:

Both games are grindy af but I feel Warframe is slightly more just because of the overwhelming number of resources and items to keep track of as well as being a free to play game. That said, I don't feel like the game ever wastes your time because even while farming you're getting something (like XP, materials, chance at a specific reward) while Destiny is a bit hit or miss rewards. I'll say they're a tie on this front.

Winner: Tie

Story/Lore:

This one is a personal opinion but I find Warframe's lore and aesthetic more unique than Destiny's (which is simply a new take on the Halo formula). There are a few similarities between the two - like both are set in our solar system with different factions controlling planets and feature a sci-fi / fantasy theme. They both have surprisingly strong lore considering they're about doing repetitive missions for better loot. Both games have memorable characters with strong voice acting and dialog.

So yeah overall I prefer Warframe because the game has a lot more to offer and is consistently growing. The thing that holds it back somewhat is the player experience (you really need to fully commit to make the most of it) while Destiny is much more "pick up and play". The F2P aspect of Warframe is also quite fair and you get 75% off vouchers often as daily login rewards. Really the only thing you need platinum for is the inventory slots. It also has a thriving player economy where you can trade stuff for platinum. Whereas Destiny has microtransactions on top of the $60 pricetag which to me feels quite unfair.

Thanks but it deepens my dilemma of buying Destiny 2. I want to like warframe but somehow it puts me off and destiny is the new shiny thing.. 

Yes, Warframe is a better long term time investment. Destiny will continue to get a $60 sequel every couple of years.

If Warframe intimidates you, just take it slow. Focus on getting one thing at a time and have clear objectives. The game has an amazing community too. Chat is always active, players are always willing to help, there are quality youtubers making guides and the wiki is super detailed. Now if the gameplay itself doesn't appeal to you then that's a different thing. I'm not sure how far into Warframe you are but know that if you don't like a certain frame/weapon there's always something else that's better. So get a couple more frames and weapons, then decide. Getting new stuff isn't hard at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yash_495 said:

Thanks but it deepens my dilemma of buying Destiny 2. I want to like warframe but somehow it puts me off and destiny is the new shiny thing.. 

Destiny isn't worth more than 15-20$ max. Maybe 40 all DLC included. It's never a complete game and they won't complete it until Destiny 3 will be coming out. I had over 2000+ hours and most in PvP but I did challenge myself in PvE too from time to time in D1, the game that I got to play and grinded the most in D1 was completely different from the game it became in Y2 and again completely different in Y3. 

Those that came the latest got the biggest bang for their buck and missed out on NOTHING EXCEPT the PvP aspect. And most Destiny players are not PvP players. Yes D1 Y1 Y2 PvP was way superior than anything they've had since and even most probably they will in D2 (they set themselves up for failure with 4v4).

Literally ANY game you play will end up being better than Destiny, no matter which iteration of it comes out, it's quite predictable and logical by the way Bungie and Activision have been responding and creating content the past 3-5 years.

I hear a lot of great things about Warframe and I see one of the biggest Destiny twitch streamers now playing Warframe and it's been less than 2 months since D2 has released.

Bang for buck? Even South Park is worth more than Destiny X.

My suggestion just play on a friends account from time to time, I am doing the same. The game is worth checking out just because it's going to be 4k uncapped FPS on PC, but besides that there is nothing about Destiny that is really worth checking out.

PC life is predicted to be 1 month or shorter.

• Like 1

Played 3 campaign missions on MKB, then moved and played one Crucible on MKB. Switched to Controller and started dominating. Controller aim assist is definitely strong and very noticeable, maybe because it's a 60+ fps game. Also played against a top D2 player and streamer and ended up similar as him in the game, I'm not sure if he was MKB or Joystick.

5 hours ago, newuxtreme said:

Played 3 campaign missions on MKB, then moved and played one Crucible on MKB. Switched to Controller and started dominating. Controller aim assist is definitely strong and very noticeable, maybe because it's a 60+ fps game. Also played against a top D2 player and streamer and ended up similar as him in the game, I'm not sure if he was MKB or Joystick.

I am so gonna dominate in trials :naughty:

• Like 1

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2