Destiny 2

Tyler

In another news:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

Players are getting banned for using in-game overlays. Fraps, to start with :lol:

Framerate and statistics overlays, such as those provided by EVGA Precision XOC, MSi Afterburner, and Fraps, are not compatible with Destiny 2.

In another news:

Players are getting banned for using in-game overlays. Fraps, to start with [emoji38]

Framerate and statistics overlays, such as those provided by EVGA Precision XOC, MSi Afterburner, and Fraps, are not compatible with Destiny 2.

They're not getting banned. It's been confirmed by Deej. It just causes the game to not run at times, nothing more than that.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Right, so I played the first couple of missions and stopped there. Game is like butter on the PC even with all the bells and whistles turned on. Absolutely love how it feels. I'm not a fan of the default MKB setup though, on one hand aiming with the mouse is great but the abilities are designed around a controller so it feels a little weird. I'll probably get used to it but will have to remap some stuff. The music really stands out especially the part where you're making you're way to The Farm after the attack. Anyway, Destiny story missions are usually nothing special but it seems they're at least trying to make them feel different. All I want is to power through to 20 and start with the real game.

• Like 1

PSA: Once you get to the part where you need to unlock IO by reaching level 11, don't complete the IO Story missions. Pop a fireteam medallion and grind heroic public events. Every 2 successful heroic public event completions award you with XP equivalent to +1 actual level. So get to level 20 and then go on with completing the remaining story missions. This way, you can hit the 260 power level hardcap in around 2-3 hours from the start of your public​ event grind, which would otherwise take you 2-3 days to get to.

Right, so I played the first couple of missions and stopped there. Game is like butter on the PC even with all the bells and whistles turned on. Absolutely love how it feels. I'm not a fan of the default MKB setup though, on one hand aiming with the mouse is great but the abilities are designed around a controller so it feels a little weird. I'll probably get used to it but will have to remap some stuff. The music really stands out especially the part where you're making you're way to The Farm after the attack. Anyway, Destiny story missions are usually nothing special but it seems they're at least trying to make them feel different. All I want is to power through to 20 and start with the real game.
I felt the same. I ditched MKB after a couple crucible games in the beta and switched back to the controller due to its high aim assist. From then on, there was no going back.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

Thanks for the tip.

Also, do not go for blue marked quests immediately. They are exotic quests and give a great boost to your power level. they give you weapon close to 20+ of your current power level.

reach 260 or 265 with public events

do the weekly powerful gear events(should be in your milestone)

once you hit around 275+, start with exotic quests. you will reach close to 290

14 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

In another news:

Players are getting banned for using in-game overlays. Fraps, to start with :lol:

Update on point, 

http://wp.me/p9fS8X-7zT

1 hour ago, Clenched_Balls said:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

Here's more from Bungie, on the bans.

Linked in news piece above. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Damn, Blizzard and Bungie taking precautions and very concerned about the hackers. That's good. 

There has been no mention about why the players have been banned.

Seems less of concern and more of preemption. 

Edited by ALPHA17

5 hours ago, Clenched_Balls said:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

Here's more from Bungie, on the bans.

further update:

Update: As part of our ban review process, we have identified a group of players who were banned in error. Those players have been unbanned. The bans were not related to the third-party applications listed above. We will continue to review the process we use to ensure a fun and fair game.

banned in error :lol:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Next week, we will be deploying Patch 1.0.6

General
Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.
Clash
Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
Control
Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
Survival
Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
Supremacy
Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system

• Like 1

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46427

wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Next week, we will be deploying Patch 1.0.6

General
Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.
Clash
Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
Control
Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
Survival
Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
Supremacy
Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system

Woah!!! That's a lot of awesome news right there.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2