Destiny 2

Tyler

11 hours ago, Keano said:

what light level is everyone here?

any of you guys able to complete the 100K nightfall challenge?

I'm at 949.. Waiting for reset today so that powerful challenges come up and will help me boost further..
Attempted the 100k nightfall couple of time with my squad but can't seem to get it done.. Need better gear to conquer that..

I happened to score 79k, it's tough but doable if you get headshots, multiple, ability and finisher kills. You'll have to be fast and kill continuously to maintain the score. 

I think dying also takes away few score, not sure tho. Team dies can drop the score to half.

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

So bungie added an option to buy your way from 750 power to 900 with silver coins. :doh:

It was always there for your alts. $30 to skip campaign in base game and bring your other two characters up to speed. That one actually saved you solid 8-10 hours of grind. 750 to 900 on alts literally takes an hour at most provided your main is above 900.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

What's next coming in Destiny 2 after shadowkeep? 

And how many years bungie's going to support D2 and keep updating with DLCs and expansions? 

New season. :P

Shadowkeep is start of their new 5 year vision. We’re saying ‘hey, we’re back. This is the five-year vision for the game. 

Guess season over. 

unknown.png

• Festival of the Lost is big meh as there is nothing to grind for. All cosmetics are silver/dust only making the seasonal thing pretty much useless after 1 day. Even silver/dust cost is extremely high.
  • Season overall is decent but weapons were meh. Leviathan’s Breath is okay while Xenophage is straight trash. Exit Strategy is b-tech Recluse making it useless for people who already have Recluse. Randy's probably decent but don't think will use scout outside momentum and Jade Rabbit does the job well there. Edge Wise is decent. 
  • Vex offensive lame compared to Menagerie or even Reckoning. Seasonal content but still very poor work with no variety or challenge. 
  • Shadowkeep story was okay.
  • Pinnacle grind is awful and continues to be awful.
  • New dungeon is decent but again no reason to do more than once since it isn't rewarding either.
  • New PvP mode Momentum was nice till everyone decided to farm scout kills and started to ignore the objectives. 
  • Seasonal rewards are good for paid till 100. After that nobody cares for 1 nostalgic engram every 50K exp. Terrible. For free users, not much there after rank 30. Worse after 50.

Overall an okay season so far. 7/10. 

Crucible is such a love-hate story. Not great but also not bad and it is definitely fun when you are not grouped with bad team. The balanced matches which happen once in 10 games are pure fun while one-sided trashing is terrible. The heavy ammo sucks and glad to see it keeps getting nerfed with long timers. 

The new mode Momentum was good till everyone decided to farm scout kills for Randy's and forget the objective. ?

Macro is right and good to see him moving on from Division 2 which got worse with each update like all Destiny killers. 

47 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

The new mode Momentum was good till everyone decided to farm scout kills for Randy's and forget the objective. ?

got my randy's scout kills step done yesterday :bigyellowgrin:

I bought the ultimate edition or whatever it is for 8k at launch digitally. Played the base game a lot until I got bored and left. Never launched the game after that. What all DLCs were included in the ultimate edition and what should be bought again to start playing again?

1 hour ago, R a g h u said:

I bought the ultimate edition or whatever it is for 8k at launch digitally. Played the base game a lot until I got bored and left. Never launched the game after that. What all DLCs were included in the ultimate edition and what should be bought again to start playing again?

if you are on PC, I suggest buying Shadowkeep and Forsaken(currently at 40% off) DLCs.

I have my steam region set to Argentina, so got both for $6.54 and $2.82 USD :D

Good news - Hotfix coming Thursday

• We have increased the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1.
  • Only four slots will be needed to increase your character’s average Power, at which point your powerful rewards will allow those slots that you might have missed to catch up.
  • Players should wait to earn their pinnacle rewards until this hotfix is available so they can take advantage of the +2 change.
  • Alongside the changes to pinnacle rewards, we’re also adding the Season Pass weapons (Pluperfect and Temporal Clause) as possible rewards from the Vex Offensive activity.
  • Telesto fix
  • Iron Banner returns next week Nov 5 till Nov 12

Izanagi won't be fixed during this hotfix. Still under investigation. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

I decided to give up on objective and get those kills. Got it finished earlier today. :P Just medals left now. 

i am at 79% on the medals, i only see progress go up by 1% in a regular crucible and ill not farm anymore this week. With IB coming back next week, ill get Randy's as I complete IB bounties.

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Good news - Hotfix coming Thursday

• We have increased the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1.
  • Only four slots will be needed to increase your character’s average Power, at which point your powerful rewards will allow those slots that you might have missed to catch up.
  • Players should wait to earn their pinnacle rewards until this hotfix is available so they can take advantage of the +2 change.
  • Alongside the changes to pinnacle rewards, we’re also adding the Season Pass weapons (Pluperfect and Temporal Clause) as possible rewards from the Vex Offensive activity.
  • Telesto fix
  • Iron Banner returns next week Nov 5 till Nov 12

Izanagi won't be fixed during this hotfix. Still under investigation. 

Bold part - the wait continues :cry: 

PSA for everyone going for 960 light. DO NOT complete pinnacle activities next week till thursday. The pinnacle +2 change only starts working after the hotfix on thursday and not after weekly reset.

2 hours ago, R a g h u said:

New Light includes base game + 2 shitty DLCs. You can play those without paying. Think ultimate edition at launch included those.

Forsaken is not included in F2P edition (unsure about launch UE) and Shadowkeep is definitely not included. These both are must have if you plan to play for long as they got most content to provide and all the new stuff.

I would suggest playing the base game + check out the moon and other activities. See if it grabs your interest to keep you playing. If it does, buy Forsaken and Shadowkeep. Need to purchase separately as they are not bundled together. 

Currently Forsaken is on sale on Steam. 

45 minutes ago, Keano said:

I have my steam region set to Argentina, so got both for $6.54 and $2.82 USD 

Steam Argentina is godsend. ?

4 minutes ago, Keano said:

i am at 79% on the medals, i only see progress go up by 1% in a regular crucible and ill not farm anymore this week. With IB coming back next week, ill get Randy's as I complete IB bounties.

Yeah, the progress is slow with medals. Though I ended up playing few more matches after getting final blows. Since Jade Rabbit 1 shot 1 kill in Momentum. ?

IB going to be good grind for Pinnacle and medals. 

3 minutes ago, Keano said:

Bold part - the wait continues :cry: 

PSA for everyone going for 960 light. DO NOT complete pinnacle activities next week till thursday. The pinnacle +2 change only starts working after the hotfix on thursday and not after weekly reset.

I was hoping it gets fixed this week as my rare bounty will expire in 8 days. ?

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2