Destiny 2

Tyler

18 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

It takes time.. I was doing ADA bounties even before I started focussing on the Izanagi.. 
So I didn't even realize I had already got the rare bounty and had already completed 70% progress.. Luckily I realized that its required for acquiring the Izanagi before it was too late

On a side note, here is some more salt :P
Acquiring just the Izanagi is not enough! You also need the catalyst masterworked to actually do good DPS.. Otherwise whisper + catalyst is better..
And to get the Izanagi catalyst, you need to do heroic menagerie which needs all chalice slots unlocked, which in turn needs a sh*t ton of imperials :bigyellowgrin:

Well, you actually got lucky. Even @Joe Cool in that matter. But if you really are looking for the rng drop then somehow magically the game knows you're pursuing the quest and it almost never drops. 

The catalyst is just one more layer of grind which makes even more intrusive. 

I also don't have whisper, it's way easy to get than iznagi but I'd need to gather good fireteam to pursue that quest which is a task itself.

All this makes it discouraging to play further. The game is addictive otherwise. 

1000+2000+3000+2500+3500+6000+8000+2500+3500+6000+3000. 

Around 41000 imperials to get the catalyst. IB is a burst damage weapon. If you want something dead really quick in one shot, then Izanagi is your go-to. 20% from catalyst helps even more. It is worth the grind. 

Just keep doing the Ada daily bounties and turn in one go. Till then get some other sniper if you really want. Tranquility with firing line from Moon is good and pair it up with GL.

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

1000+2000+3000+2500+3500+6000+8000+2500+3500+6000+3000. 

Around 41000 imperials to get the catalyst. IB is a burst damage weapon. If you want something dead really quick in one shot, then Izanagi is your go-to. 20% from catalyst helps even more. It is worth the grind. 

Just keep doing the Ada daily bounties and turn in one go. Till then get some other sniper if you really want. Tranquility with firing line from Moon is good and pair it up with GL.

I can slowly grind for catalyst, i don't mind doing but the main issue is RNG quests in between it just breaks the consistency. 

Yea I'm going for whisper at the moment till I get my hands on Iznagi, seems the best way to go right now.

Edited by Heaven Angel

18 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I can slowly grind for catalyst, i don't mind doing but the main issue is RNG quests in between it just breaks the consistency. 

Yea I'm going for whisper at the moment till I get my hands on Iznagi, seems the best way to go right now.

I don't mind RNG since it is completely random; though it sucks when you don't get simple stuff like bounty for weeks especially when it is blocking one of the best weapon.

What I don't like is time gating some quests like Jötunn/Le Monarque where you literally can't do anything but wait for 5 weeks to finish it... 

Izanagi / Divinity - get one of those. It is pretty much staple for all 950-980 content/NFs/Hunts/Raids/Dungeons/speed runs etc. 

17 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Destiny 2: Izanagi's Burden vs. Whisper of the Worm - Garden of Salvation Damage Test

Vsauce level. 

Izanagi still better even with 50k less damage as it is very less punishing and that 50k extra means you need to land all perfect 23 shots from Whisper...yeah, not going to happen. Losing heavy slot ain't fun either. 

Am looking forward to next season to see what they add in place of Oppressive darkness and how Divinity comes in place. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Vsauce level. 

Izanagi still better even with 50k less damage as it is very less punishing and that 50k extra means you need to land all perfect 23 shots from Whisper...yeah, not going to happen. Losing heavy slot ain't fun either. 

Am looking forward to next season to see what they add in place of Oppressive darkness and how Divinity comes in place. 

All aware of that, but I'm trying to convince myself that I'd just go for whisper right now. :samui:

I mind the RNG when the drop rate is less to almost none, it's also feels gated as you get only 4 bounties per day and it can be done within 30 min if you know how to. When I turn all in on the go, but no luck. I already have 400+ modules and my glimmer bag is full. Hell the bounty dosen't even give any XP so that i can atleast take that benefit. 

Jotunn I'm trying since a month, when i came to know about the gun it was already gated, if you remember i spoke about it on discord. 

Enders wish I'm onto it, just have to do shattered throne and done, also with whisper but need a proper fireteam with voice communication. 

I got no idea what's happening in the game but it's a great game for online co-op and the world is awesome.. Loving it so far..

Did the mission of rescuing some guy and the way the mission went was really cool.. Sometimes I wondered how they could give such a beautiful game free of cost..

So what all should i grind for the farm purple guns?

I just do vanguard strikes with zavala bounties, everything else needs fireteam but no matchmaking(Nightfall)

Is gambit good to farm purple guns?

Also do people do forge ignition quests? i need help for izanagi forge.

I got no idea what's happening in the game but it's a great game for online co-op and the world is awesome.. Loving it so far..

Did the mission of rescuing some guy and the way the mission went was really cool.. Sometimes I wondered how they could give such a beautiful game free of cost..
It's not free of cost.. We have paid for you all [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I just do vanguard strikes with zavala bounties, everything else needs fireteam but no matchmaking(Nightfall)
What gun do you wanna farm specifically?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Recluse from Crucible PvP. Fairly easy to get if you are decent at least. 

Mountaintop if you want grenade launcher kinetic. It is pretty good but boring shite quest in PvP. 

Vanguard - all are easy to get. Just grind for it in a day or week. Loaded Question is decent fusion. Oxygen is meh. Wendigo-GL3 is great. 

Gambit is garbage mode. The weapons from quests tied to it are big meh as well. Breakneck is nerfed to death. Exit is more like b-tec Recluse. 21% heavy is worth it though needs 1 reset. You should grind Gambit during 2-3x infamy week. Currently it is active. 

Purple guns mean nothing if rolls aren't good. You should start using https://www.d2checklist.com/gear and keep only good rolls. Rest all dismantle / dump in vault if you are unsure. You can get purple gear from every activity. Though some of them are tied to X activity than others. Do not blindly grind. Follow weekly reset update and see which activity drops what weapon. 

Forge are pretty dead and takes 1-2 re-queues to get team. You should stick with friends or LFG. It is mandatory for majority of the content.

Nightfall and Ordeal has matchmaking but no MM for legend/master level. Nightfall rotate every week, so try to get those NF specific loot. 

If you are new, you shouldn't grind for anything. Just play your way to 900 first. Then start working towards 950. During this time you will end up having plenty of stuff (most are trash) and once you hit 950, start doing pinnacle rewarding activities. Though some of them are doable at 900-920 (like Ordeal/Hunt), you can try to squeeze in for weekly pinnacle. 

Meta weapon loadout is

• Izanagi's Burden - if you have Forsaken, get the quest and finish it. 
  • Recluse - from PvP Crucible. Fabled rank. This season it is easy.
  • 21% / Wendigo - from Gambit and Vanguard respectively.

For starter you can use Riskrunner (early exotic quest) / Misfit till you get Recluse. For Kinetic - anything you are comfy with. Hand cannons / snipers. For heavy - Hammerhead. 

Also, start using 3rd party sites and apps like DIM as game lacks basic stuff like loadout change or moving items from vault to inventory or even track by numbers... 

DIM / Braytech / Menagerie-Calc / Niris / Lowlidev (for maps) 

This video is also handy if you are starting new

• Thanks 1

Final assault NgxCGEe.gif 7 weeks for this shite NgxCGEe.gif 

What an awful way to end the season. Literally standard (terrible) Vex offensive but boss changed to even more easier one. 

Entire Vex Offensive was complete trash. Trash loot. Trash mechanics. Trash boss. Trash ending. What a joke of a season pass. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2