Destiny 2's next three expansions will be told in an era of Darkness:

• Beyond Light - 2020
  • The Witch Queen - 2021
  • Lightfall - 2022

unknown.png

EaFVwrcXYAEsIWA.png

"We do not want to start over from scratch and make a sequel" - Luke Smith

THANK YOU!!!  :wOOtjumpy:

Vault of Glass will return in Destiny 2 Year 4 (not during 2020).

EN_2.png?cv=3983621215&av=353636825

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49189

This is huge :panic:

• Destiny 2 is too large to efficiently update and maintain.
  • The size and complexity of the game are also contributing to more bugs and less innovation.
  • Instead of building a Destiny 3 and leaving D2 behind, each year, we are going to cycle older, less actively played content out of the live game and into what we’re calling the Destiny Content Vault (DCV).
  • This will allow us to add to and support D2 for years, including the three new annual expansions we announced today, starting with Beyond Light this fall.
  • The DCV will include all content from Destiny 1 and anything that cycles out from Destiny 2. 
  • We will bring back (or “unvault”) activity and destination content from the DCV each year. 
  • Unvaulting starts in D2 Year 4, with the Cosmodrome coming back, as well as its three strikes and the return of the Vault of Glass raid.
  • The primary D2 content leaving the game and going into the DCV this fall are the destinations – Mars, Io, Titan, Mercury and Leviathan – and their supported activities.
  • There will be new ways to earn the Exotics originally linked to content that has entered the DCV.
  • When Beyond Light ships, the Director will have the following destinations: 
  • Europa (new)
  • Cosmodrome (unvaulted) 
  • Moon 
  • Tangled Shore 
  • Dreaming City 
  • European Dead Zone 
  • Nessus
  • This approach allows us respond to player feedback more rapidly, enable more innovation, and will keep Destiny 2 and your characters thriving for years to come.

EN_1.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=353636825

On September 22, 2020: Io, Titan, Mercury, Mars, and Leviathan will be cycled out and no longer be accessible. 

This includes all PvE activities (including campaigns) on those destinations.

OTHER KEY YEAR 4 DETAILS:  

• There will be three raids playable this fall, including a new one set in the Deep Stone Crypt on Europa as part of the Beyond Light expansion.
  • There will be new ways to earn Exotics originally tied to destinations and activity content that have entered the Destiny Content Vault. 
  • Available strikes will be based on a pool of possible strikes from active destinations. When a destination goes into the DCV, so too will its strikes.
  • The PvP Map playlist will remain a curated ‘best of’ mixture of maps from Destiny 1 and 2.
  • Gambit and Gambit Prime are being merged into a single mode, with their original armor visuals available to earn from the Drifter.

16 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Got so burnt out doing gambit the last few days of last season that I did not feel like playing the game anymore since last 2 days..

They added new public event which is basically Gambit without invasion in open world - IO and Titan (not available yet). :rofl:

It was fairly easy and fun few times but I haven't visited today nor plan to. Will do only triumph related with it else skip.

As for buying this season, I wouldn't really recommend at the moment.  Everything is free including dungeon and other events too. 

unknown.png

Best to casually play and level up for now and wait for next month if anything changes or gets added for paid users. 

Yeah, new grenade launcher is pretty good. If you have season pass you can unlock it right away. Otherwise grind to season pass rank 35. 

Kind of little buggy too against raid bosses. It is deleting everything. :lol:

Very annoying in PvP. The AoE is big and does decent amount of damage. Everyone spamming it at the moment for catalyst progress. 

So they fixed the afk forges on priority basis. I was about to drop in, farm forges to go from 950 to 1050, buy season pass and then play the new content. But they fixed it so f**k the grind and f**k this game. Saved me time and money again. Also good reminder of where Bungie's priorities lie and why I stopped playing this garbage dump.

• 2 weeks later...

Bungie day :dance:

You will be able to farm rewards, including Exotics, from the main encounters as much as you like.

• Leviathan
  • Eater of Worlds
  • Spire of Stars
  • Crown of Sorrow
  • Scourge of the Past

There will also be some cosmetic items available for completing the five featured raids.

• Leviathan Triumph completion offers the Contender’s Ghost Shell and shaders
  • Eater Triumph completion offers shaders
  • Spire Triumph completion offers the Luxurious Toast emote and shaders
  • Crown Triumph completion offers shaders 
  • Scourge Triumph completion offers shaders

Moments_of_Triumph_2020_EN.jpg?cv=398362

This exotic is so unique and fun

unknown.png

Is it too late to start playing and enjoying this game , provided I will be starting at low level? (PS4).

Also should we play single player first and then Multiplayer opens up ? Does it have a proper story in single player mode or we also have players dropping in single player story?

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Is it too late to start playing and enjoying this game , provided I will be starting at low level? (PS4).

Also should we play single player first and then Multiplayer opens up ? Does it have a proper story in single player mode or we also have players dropping in single player story?

It's never too late to start playing. There are a lot of beginner guides out there that should help you.

I would advise going through the story. There is a proper campaign, and if you have someone to play with, it's am absolute blast.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Like nash said, it's never too late at all.

If anything, this season is pretty good place to start and get ready by September expansion launch + new season. Year 4 begins. Lots of changes coming.

You will start at 750 and climb all the way to 1060. Up to 1050 you can level up by playing anything you like. From exploring planets to raids to dungeons to PvP. 

1050 to 1060 is pinnacle cap. You can only level up by getting rewards from pinnacle activities. GoS raid / Dungeons / Hunts, etc,. Consider it as end game grind. If you play regularly, it doesn't feel like a grind as you level up weekly without too much time investment.

Multiplayer opens up right away after you reach tower. There is campaign available though not like before where it starts when you play first time. Now you have to pick up the campaign quests along with DLC from Amanda in tower. 

Others players can't drop-in in single player missions. You can play solo or with friends (up to 3 in a fireteam). 

Base game + DLCs are free. Forsaken and Shadowkeep are paid. I suggest trying F2P version and see if you like it. The F2P game offers a lot and doesn't really hinder you from progressing. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for your inputs. I'll start with single player first and see how it goes.

I think I have the base version that came with PS Plus. Will give it a shot.

Frankly I wouldn't have bothered with this game since I didn't play at launch and that 3 would be coming.

But now that there will be no Destiny 3 and their promised support for this going forward is what peaked my interest.

Once you get done with the campaign, Destiny 2 is like the perfect chilled out game. Put on some music, and hop on for a bit to shoot sh*t. I play it regularly between work for ten minute bursts. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2