Destiny 2

Tyler

^^Yep, same. Was planning to play and Beyond Light + new season stuff from Sep till Nov and get ready for some Cyberpunk.

With the extra time between September and November, we have some plans to make the most of the suddenly longer Season.

unknown.png

• Moments of Triumph will be extended to November 10, 2020. Cutting it close on some of those tougher Triumphs? Here’s a little extra time to finish them off.
  • The show must go on: Festival of the Lost will now take place during Season of Arrivals, beginning on October 6.

We’re planning a handful of ritual activity modifiers to look forward to:

• Increased Valor
  • Increased Infamy
  • Increased [REDACTED]

A few additional Iron Banner events between September and November.

And more…

We know that no amount of extra Infamy or Valor will keep your hunger satiated, but we will have a few more surprises to share on the road to launch. Stay tuned.

Grandmaster difficulty becomes available on Tuesday, July 21, at 10 AM PT.

TWAB

Bungie is far more talented and more experience devs than 343. So that shouldn't be surprising. 

I started Destiny 2 base than stopped but once all DLC added in game pass then i will use that fast leveling system tokens that you get with all DLC :D

Hi I'm a returning player to destiny 2. I played destiny 1 extensively and played a bit of destiny 2 on PC. I'm switching to PS4 now and I believe I'll be buying Forsaken and Dying Light on PS4.

I was looking for a chill group of people to play and raid with. Do y'all have a clan or something?

So I started playing the Red War campaign and so far so good. ( I realized i played the first few missions long back).

Started as a Hunter. The campaign is so far good. I can see the production values in cut scenes, music etc. While missions mostly seem to be fetch quests but fine with it.

A question:

So when i finished the mission on Titan and meet Zavala (on Titan, not Tower),  There were some Public activities happening on The Rig (which were optional).

I joined them  and then it said something about Heroic activity. But the problem is, when i shoot at enemies, even the smaller fallen guys, it always shows up as IMMUNE and i dont seem to do damage?

And then when i die, the recommended level is something like 1040 or 1050 etc. 

While i understand may be the minimum level might be 1040 etc for that event, but why did it let me join? Also i thought lower level could atleast do SOME damage. But seems like it was zero damage is that the case when we try a higher level event?. 

I tried and tried, died lot of times by one shot by even smallest enemy, was mostly helping in picking and placing MOTES and was able to collect the loot at the end.

Also regarding inventory.

There are some items (engrams, consumables etc) which i have no idea what they are for. Hopefully, it will get some clarity, once i start just playing the campaign? 

Edited by Pacifier

5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I can see the production values in cut scenes, music etc. While missions mostly seem to be fetch quests but fine with it.

The production value is outstanding. The art and sound department never fails to deliver. 

5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

But the problem is, when i shoot at enemies, even the smaller fallen guys, it always shows up as IMMUNE and i dont seem to do damage?

And then when i die, the recommended level is something like 1040 or 1050 etc. 

Only for this season because world changing. Currently Titan and IO have such public event (called Contact) on rotation which are different than standard public events. These are 1020 min and scales to 1050 towards end.

As for immune, if you are too low below the required power level you won't deal any damage. Last I heard it was +/- 50 power level difference.

What is your current power level?

7 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

There are some items (engrams, consumables etc) which i have no idea what they are for. Hopefully, it will get some clarity, once i start just playing the campaign? 

Engrams come in different variety.

Legendary engram (no shine) -> common and contains world drop item. You can click to open them.

Powerful engram (shine) -> you need to talk to Rahool at tower to open them. Contains world loot too but at higher power level. Useful if you are not at max power.

Pinnacle engram (shine / same as powerful design) -> usually +5 above your level.

Exotic engram (yellow) -> they are rare and contains a random exotic. You will get exotic which you don't own already. Once you complete your exotic collection, you will get a random exotic item from it.

Mnemonic engram (pinkish) -> these are cosmetics. You get from season ranks and 1 every 5 ranks past 100. 

Consumables -> there are plenty. You need to be more specific. 

But for newer players:

Finest Matterweave -> this will give you Enhancement Core

Rainmaker -> nobody really uses them but if you are low on glimmer, pop one of these and get precision kills to get some extra glimmer shower. Glimmer is game standard currency.

Raid banners -> basically banners that you can use in encounters (raids/dungeons) to get super energy and ammo refilled. 

Boons -> if you use, other players in your team (strikes/crucible) will get extra tokens at the end.

Upgrade Modules -> important. Don't waste them on blue or trash gear. Save for later.

Prisms -> important as well. Keep for later. Used for infusing your gear.

Shard -> rarest consumable. Do not use unless 100% happy with your gear. This will masterwork your gear and give +2 in all stats (+12 total stats).

Other consumables are activity/destination specific. Destination tokens you can trade at NPC for specific gear (not worth it outside collection). 

Dreaming City has Charge of light consumable which you can use at Blind Well activity. 

Crucible/Vanguard/Banshee/Iron Banner tokens can be traded at tower for gear. Usually comes in handy with leveling up your characters. 

Do not buy any consumables from Eververse store. They are not worth the dust cost.

Game really doesn't explain stuff for new players. You just play and learn yourself or check some guides. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts/questions. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

What is your current power level?

Currently at 785 only. Just recently started with campaign 

54 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Only for this season because world changing. Currently Titan and IO have such public event (called Contact) on rotation which are different than standard public events. These are 1020 min and scales to 1050 towards end.

As for immune, if you are too low below the required power level you won't deal any damage. Last I heard it was +/- 50 power level difference.

Ok that makes sense and the reason for not dealing any damage.

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Engrams come in different variety.

Legendary engram (no shine) -> common and contains world drop item. You can click to open them.

Powerful engram (shine) -> you need to talk to Rahool at tower to open them. Contains world loot too but at higher power level. Useful if you are not at max power.

Pinnacle engram (shine / same as powerful design) -> usually +5 above your level.

Exotic engram (yellow) -> they are rare and contains a random exotic. You will get exotic which you don't own already. Once you complete your exotic collection, you will get a random exotic item from it.

Mnemonic engram (pinkish) -> these are cosmetics. You get from season ranks and 1 every 5 ranks past 100. 

Thank you!. So Umbral Engram counts as legendary as well? I got around 7 and i see it taking up slots 7/12 slots in an inventory. So i need to wait until 12 is filled or it is just a inventory place holder and i can go ahead and start opening them instead of waiting for them to be filled? If its just a place holder in inventory that would mean, i need to move them to vault or open them up in order to accumulate more engrams.

Also assuming when we say LOOT, it would primarily be one of higher level powered kinetic/power/energy weapon / armor, helmet etc

Consumables -> there are plenty. You need to be more specific. 

But for newer players:

Finest Matterweave -> this will give you Enhancement Core

Rainmaker -> nobody really uses them but if you are low on glimmer, pop one of these and get precision kills to get some extra glimmer shower. Glimmer is game standard currency.

Raid banners -> basically banners that you can use in encounters (raids/dungeons) to get super energy and ammo refilled. 

Boons -> if you use, other players in your team (strikes/crucible) will get extra tokens at the end.

Upgrade Modules -> important. Don't waste them on blue or trash gear. Save for later.

Prisms -> important as well. Keep for later. Used for infusing your gear.

Shard -> rarest consumable. Do not use unless 100% happy with your gear. This will masterwork your gear and give +2 in all stats (+12 total stats).

Are these one-time use ? i.e. active for only one match/ certain days etc .

I wanted to explore more but didn't know if i would end up wasting them if its a limited time thing.

Regarding the glimmer that gets dropped, is there a way that it would get automatically added once we kill an enemy? I see that we need to go over to the place where we killed the enemies to collect glimmer.

Also assuming if we don't pick up any engram, weapon, imp items etc that got dropped from an enemy, it would be available later at postmaster (but not lost glimmer). is my understanding right?

I just opened up the Destiny 2 inventory(Nice companion app ) and i see the following:

Redeemable:

Crucible Token(11)

Dusklight Shard(51) - Take to Devrim Kay to discover its value. Is it also similar to reputation?

Alkane Dust

Vanguard Tactician Token (18) - Says bring to Zavala to increase reputation. What does this help with? Will Zavala share new quests with increased reputation?

Seasonal Currency 

Altered Element(50)

Material:

Upgrade Module - Will hold on to it as suggested.

Do not buy any consumables from Eververse store. They are not worth the dust cost.

Game really doesn't explain stuff for new players. You just play and learn yourself or check some guides. Feel free to ask if you have any doubts/questions.

Yes I generally stay cautious with stores. Will hold on to the dust until i get a hold of this terminology/loot system.

Thank you very much for taking time to explain in detail. :cheers:

The game doesn't do that and i have been watching some videos as well to understand the game mechanics better

22 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Thank you!. So Umbral Engram counts as legendary as well? I got around 7 and i see it taking up slots 7/12 slots in an inventory. So i need to wait until 12 is filled or it is just a inventory place holder and i can go ahead and start opening them instead of waiting for them to be filled? If its just a place holder in inventory that would mean, i need to move them to vault or open them up in order to accumulate more engrams.

You can open them as soon as you get them.. Just go to the terminal near Drifter. They are just like legendary engrams and will give you the newer gear which has more expiry date (due to something called sunsetting)
As inventory space is 12, once you are full, the next engram will be sent to the postmaster. So better to have inventory space and no point in waiting to open them..

Also assuming when we say LOOT, it would primarily be one of higher level powered kinetic/power/energy weapon / armor, helmet etc

Since you are low light level at the moment, I would suggest just open everything as soon as you get them. Be it legendary or umbral or prime engrams since you will gain power level faster.
You can dismantle lower level gear as soon as you find better one for shards and glimmer. Just keep legendary gear which has high base stats like more than 60~62 and infuse them with same kind for 1000 glimmer. Dont waste upgrade modules on them yet. For weapons keep only the god rolls and get rid of rest. Check light.gg or youtube for meta weapons and to know which talents are considered god roll.

You will constantly keep getting higher power level items till you reach the softcap (1050) power level. Then you can increase power only through pinnacle stuff.

I wanted to explore more but didn't know if i would end up wasting them if its a limited time thing.

Yes but dont be afraid to use them now since you are in the beginning stage. They are actually meant to help you level up faster and gain resources faster. Unlike me who hoarded them thinking to use them later only to find that now it doesn't even matter..

Regarding the glimmer that gets dropped, is there a way that it would get automatically added once we kill an enemy? I see that we need to go over to the place where we killed the enemies to collect glimmer.

Also assuming if we don't pick up any engram, weapon, imp items etc that got dropped from an enemy, it would be available later at postmaster (but not lost glimmer). is my understanding right?

This glimmer is usually very less and wont matter much.. You can always but glimmer later on if you need from Spider so dont worry about it. And yes glimmer is not send to postmaster.

Other than that use those vanguard tokens at Zavala, gunsmith materials at banshee and crucible tokens at Shaxx.. Basically they take these tokens and fill up your reputation bar on the top. Each time it gets full they give you a piece of legendary gear. So do it now as much as possible since it will help you to gain power level faster. No point in hoarding them too.

And yes like Joe said, the game doesnt help much to show the ropes to new light players. Heck they are even going to take away this campaign content in the next DLC. This is one area where I feel the game could improve a bit.
But you can always ask here and see youtube videos for any doubts..

Edited by goDofWar_skr
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Umbral engram is newly added engrams and offers set of items in them. You need to decrypt them at recaster in tower (next to Drifter). 

These engrams are useful to get specific weapon and armor. For example - if you want a good auto rifle then decrypt weapon engram that gives Gnawing Hunger weapon. For Sword, another engram option. For armor, take armor engram. 

I believe there are like 5-6 choices at start. Once you level up and unlock, you will get 2-3 more which gives you IKELOS SMG/Sniper and couple more weapons.

Yes. Weapons - 3 categories. Kinetic / Energy / Power (heavy). Armour - 5. Head/Gauntlets/Chest/Legs/Class item.

15 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

All consumables are one time use. Boons last for 1 match or 1 strike. Some consumables have X hours before they expire. 

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Other than Upgrade module/Cores/Prisms/Shard, feel free to use as you like. 

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

You instantly collect your base Glimmer for kills and the Glimmer that drops is a bonus which needs to picked. 

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Correct. Engram/weapons/gear/any excessive item goes to postmaster. Remember he can only hold 21 items. After that you will get warning message and anything above that he will start replacing the items. So make sure to collect stuff whenever you visit tower. 

19 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Redeemable:

Crucible Token(11)

Dusklight Shard(51) - Take to Devrim Kay to discover its value. Is it also similar to reputation?

Alkane Dust

Seasonal Currency 

Altered Element(50)

Material:

Upgrade Module - Will hold on to it as suggested.

Crucible token - 11 won't do anything. Just keep stacking those. At least thousands before you plan to dump them. I suggest holding on for new season/November.

Dusklight Shard - yeah, similar to reputation. Each planet vendor has 10 levels to get zone specific armor (trash but good for collection). Don't really focus too much into it yet.

Alkane Dust - same as above but for Titan planet.

Vanguard Tactician Token (18) - Says bring to Zavala to increase reputation. What does this help with? Will Zavala share new quests with increased reputation?

Basically every 20 tokens you get 1 engram which gives you 1 item (can be weapon or armor). Keep stacking like Crucible tokens. 

There are no quests tied to reputation. They are available anytime to pick up from NPC. 

Since you are new, I don't suggest going too much into inventory consumables. Keep playing normally while you learn what game offers and the mechanics. 

• Thanks 1

Done with the Red War Campaign. Difficulty was not much since i believe even 830 level is overpowered for legacy content. Good missions overall and nice that they gave the legacy content free for giving a good background on Destiny 2 story.

Now onto Curse of Osiris. 

Also, regarding umbral engram, we need to use the decoder to unlock but for that ,we need to finish the CONTACT mission on IO or Titan as mentioned AFTER meeting Drifter once you get the Seed of wings (intro mission to shadow keep? on IO).

But the Contact mission minimum level is 990 and we cant damage anyone otherwise. So no other way to finish it i guess apart from grinding until 990

Due to this, i am having to discard lower level Engrams without even decoding since its filling up inventory. While lower level engrams wouldn't be of any use but would have been good to dismantle them and gather shards/gunsmith materials.

Regarding Raids, I started the leviathan raid solo not knowing what a RAID is and got endless army of Cabal and i had no clue wtf was happening and what needs to be done until i saw in youtube.

So it needs to be done with a fireteam/Clan ONLY? No public matchmaking as well? 

Haven't gotten a single exotic gear so far though (Currently at level 848) and here i though leviathan raid is similar to strike/quest and i could easily end up getting exotic gear. 

39 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Also, regarding umbral engram, we need to use the decoder to unlock but for that ,we need to finish the CONTACT mission on IO or Titan as mentioned AFTER meeting Drifter once you get the Seed of wings (intro mission to shadow keep? on IO).

But the Contact mission minimum level is 990 and we cant damage anyone otherwise. So no other way to finish it i guess apart from grinding until 990

Due to this, i am having to discard lower level Engrams without even decoding since its filling up inventory. While lower level engrams wouldn't be of any use but would have been good to dismantle them and gather shards/gunsmith materials.

Join someone with higher power level and let them kill everything.. you should get it done that way

40 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Regarding Raids, I started the leviathan raid solo not knowing what a RAID is and got endless army of Cabal and i had no clue wtf was happening and what needs to be done until i saw in youtube.

So it needs to be done with a fireteam/Clan ONLY? No public matchmaking as well? 

Yup.. 6 man fireteam.. best part of the game for me

Every member of the fireteam needs to play some role or the other else it will result in a team wipe

Great mechanics which needs proper coordination/communication among the team hence no matchmaking

IDK about others but Levi would probably be the best raid in the game for me. May be I got bored playing Garden again n again and they made Last wish too complex just for the sake of it..

45 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Haven't gotten a single exotic gear so far though (Currently at level 848) and here i though leviathan raid is similar to strike/quest and i could easily end up getting exotic gear. 

It wasn't like this before you know. Every vanguard leader would give a piece of exotic as reward when you complete the campaign. I also remember getting lots of them through my campaign.
But it all changed when this new light concept was introduced, it all went downhill.. No more exotics upon completion of campaign. No hints or telling new players what to do in the game. Shitty connection to servers. Loads of cheaters introduced into the game. The list goes on..

When it was on battle net, I don't recall getting a single connection error ever.. Like not even a single damn time! Now there is not a single session which goes without getting a Beaver, Ant, Weasel etc..

There are few exotics in the game which needs you do a specific mission. You can try those..

Or else every week you get Xur on Fridays till Tuesday who sells a piece of weapon and a piece of gear for each class on a rotation basis. He also sells an exotic engram which is supposedly guaranteed to give a piece of exotic gear which you don't own currently.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Join someone with higher power level and let them kill everything.. you should get it done that way

Will give this a shot. I did this before unknowingly, where i joined and then unable to shoot and kept dying but in the end, got the loot chest.

May be at that time, i didn't finish the intro mission yet and no open quest to finish Contact.

Now i will try doing the same.

16 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

It wasn't like this before you know. Every vanguard leader would give a piece of exotic as reward when you complete the campaign. I also remember getting lots of them through my campaign.
But it all changed when this new light concept was introduced, it all went downhill.. No more exotics upon completion of campaign. No hints or telling new players what to do in the game. Shitty connection to servers. Loads of cheaters introduced into the game. The list goes on..

When it was on battle net, I don't recall getting a single connection error ever.. Like not even a single damn time! Now there is not a single session which goes without getting a Beaver, Ant, Weasel etc..

Thankfully no connection errors so far on PS4 and cheaters limited to PS4 i suppose.

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Done with the Red War Campaign. Difficulty was not much since i believe even 830 level is overpowered for legacy content. Good missions overall and nice that they gave the legacy content free for giving a good background on Destiny 2 story.

Actually all pre-Shadowkeep stuff is still 750 power level including raids. You only need decent DPS weapons and good to go. 

Only post-SK it is changed to 940 (like Garden of Salvation raid). 

Raids are end game activity and require up to 6 players. Leviathan is great raid and good place to start your raid experience. 

No public matchmaking. That would be a disaster. Not sure about PS4 community but PC has massive Discord for pretty much every activity. You can find party for PS4 fairly easy too or look for Sherpa runs on sub. 

Sherpa runs basically means learning run. OP will guide you through the raid with mechanics. 

Random drop. You can still buy 1 exotic engram from Xur weekly and 3+1 exotics (1 weapon and 1 armour for each class).

I still get weekly 1-3+ exotic drops though. Mostly from raids/NFs. 

Don't worry about it really. Once you get past 1040+ you will be able to grind Nightfalls easy and that showers exotics. 

This season has Lake of Shadows as one of the NF and it is the easiest strike in the game to farm for exotics/prisms/shards. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, Pacifier said:
On 8/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

Will give this a shot. I did this before unknowingly, where i joined and then unable to shoot and kept dying but in the end, got the loot chest.

May be at that time, i didn't finish the intro mission yet and no open quest to finish Contact.

Now i will try doing the same.

This Worked! After recent update, the Contact mission moved to IO. so i just went on top of the mountain and looking down at all the guardians fighting the enemies. I just shot a bullet which made me join the public event.

Then was just chilling and then seemed like no one had any idea on how to finish the event, so event failed. But still, at the end got an Umbral engram finishing the quest and got the decoder unlocked when i took it to Drifter.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2