Destiny 2

Tyler

Stasis Spotlight: Hunter Revenant

D2_BL_Stasis_Infographics_HUNTER_1920x10

Hunter_Stasis_Subclass_aspects_EN.png

• Glacier Grenade – Upon contact with the ground, a wall of Stasis crystals instantly burst from the earth and nearby enemies are frozen inside Stasis crystal. These grenades have multiple uses – from encasing enemies to creating cover. When destroyed, the crystals will create AoE burst damage to nearby enemies.
  • Coldsnap Grenade – Upon impact with the ground or an enemy, this grenade unleashes a wave of Stasis energy that races along the ground in the direction of the closest nearby enemy, freezing them and then searching out the next nearby foe. You can freeze up to three enemies with a single Coldsnap Grenade.
  • Duskfield Grenade – Duskfield Grenades create powerful Stasis fields that suck enemies into them when forming. Once an enemy is caught inside, they will be slowed and, if unable to make it out in time, frozen in place.
  • With a well-timed Glacier Grenade, you can now create Stasis crystal formations that can perform double duty as platforms.
  • Hunter-specific Slow Dodge Aspect that will allow the Revenant to temporarily slow nearby enemies each time they perform a dodge.
  • Like 1

Got an exotic cipher in season pass.

Whicho oneto buy at rahool. ?

Leviathan's breadth /Eriana's vow/Bastion?

I am thinking of Eriana's vow based on what I am reading online.

Or holding on to it is wise?

Edited by Pacifier

43 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Got an exotic cipher in season pass.

Whicho oneto buy at rahool. ?

Leviathan's breadth /Eriana's vow/Bastion?

I am thinking of Eriana's vow based on what I am reading online.

Or holding on to it is wise?

Eriana's Vow is good. Though not really for casual stuff. You will be using it only for champs in Master/GM NF. Still worth having.

Bastion is okay. Pretty meh in PvE. Decent in PvP. 

Leviathan's Breath is useless. Okay in Gambit but meh as there are better options. 

If you have no plan to run certain master/GM NFs, you are better off saving the cipher for Beyond Light. Else get Vow.  

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Eriana's Vow is good. Though not really for casual stuff. You will be using it only for champs in Master/GM NF. Still worth having.

Bastion is okay. Pretty meh in PvE. Decent in PvP. 

Leviathan's Breath is useless. Okay in Gambit but meh as there are better options. 

If you have no plan to run certain master/GM NFs, you are better off saving the cipher for Beyond Light. Else get Vow.  

Thanks. Will save it up for a while since i am still yet to complete lot of regular quests . Also seems too many hand cannon exotics in the game and less Auto Rifles

9 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

About to start free version of Destiny 2 ..which class to opt ..hunter or warlock.. will be playing mostly solo as  i am just starting.

I too started recently a month or so back.

I found Hunter easy for me, especially with the triple jump which is easier to control and vanishing ability to get out of tight spots early on in the game. 

But it might be hard to advise as most would be personal preference. So start with either to understand the mechanics and main game flow. Then take time once you are up to level 950+ to explore other classes/their subclass abilities.

Joe/others can weigh in expert opinion as well.

------

Complete the main campaign for sure(Pick it up from Tower(Amanda Holiday)) (Pick Red War first and complete, then pick Curse of Osiris , then Warmind) to get yourself familiarized with the game world. 

Have companion App ready to go for moving gear to vault once gear slots fill up. 

Don't spend legendary shards,upgrade modules, bright dust initially.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Also seems too many hand cannon exotics in the game and less Auto Rifles

That's good. You don't want to waste exotic slot on primary ammo weapon. 

However, Monte Carlo auto rifle exotic is pretty good in both PvE and PvP. SUROS for PvP. Hard Light used to be top but got nerfed a bit. All still only for fun builds if you have solid non-exotic primary to pair with (which don't exist in energy slot). So just for fun and running around planets.

Mountaintop is most popular special weapon choice that is not exotic but it is kinetic weapon which makes both Monte Carlo and SUROS useless to run. 

Auto rifles weren't good before they got buffed like 2 seasons ago. Now they are top tier in both PvE and PvP.

• Gnawing Hunger - from Umbral engram (most popular weapon now)
  • Summoner - from trials 
  • Galliard-42 XN7568 - from forges RNG drop

Other choices - any 600 RPM are good to go. 

Hand Cannon - not so good in PvE as they are slow and take 2 tap to kill red bars. Eriana's Vow uses special ammo and hence a good choice to use. Otherwise won't see HC much in PvE outside Unstoppable Rounds for champs in NFs. 

Casually you can still use Thorn/Sunshot/Lumina in PvE side. Fun builds and a change from usual Auto/SMGs. 

2 hours ago, rajprdp said:

About to start free version of Destiny 2 ..which class to opt ..hunter or warlock.. will be playing mostly solo as  i am just starting.

All 3 classes are good. Hunter is kind of easiest. 

Hunter gives you invisibility which is very useful and can skip most of the enemies around or simply hide and regen. Very solo type play-style. Easy jumping. 

Warlock you need to heal by casting Rift. They have fantastic grenades and even better when paired with Contraverse Hold exotic. Can also keep team alive and buff them. Jumping might take a while to get used to. 

Titan are also good. Team based with bubble setup. Solo good with solar/arc subclasses. No healing but you can cast barricade and block incoming attacks. Jumping is heavy (am not a fan). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

That's good. You don't want to waste exotic slot on primary ammo weapon. 

Destiny 1 | Week 2 |

but BUT ..  Imma save my strange coins for next week's Xur inventory. Who wastes their exotic slot for a rocket launcher, I already got my primary exotic 'Red Death' last week 

:lol: fun times

2 hours ago, rajprdp said:

If you like the grind, you'll end up one of each :bigyellowgrin: 

Edited by Keano
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Hunter gives you invisibility which is very useful and can skip most of the enemies around or simply hide and regen. Very solo type play-style. Easy jumping. 

Warlock you need to heal by casting Rift. They have fantastic grenades and even better when paired with Contraverse Hold exotic. Can also keep team alive and buff them. Jumping might take a while to get used to. 

Titan are also good. Team based with bubble setup. Solo good with solar/arc subclasses. No healing but you can cast barricade and block incoming attacks. Jumping is heavy (am not a fan). 

Going for Hunter.Thanks For explaining.

D2_BL_Stasis_Infographics_Stasis_1920x10

SUIT UP

To quote the article, here’s what you can expect on November 10: 

• We are adding a new set of Armor for the core playlists (strikes, Gambit, and Crucible). 
  • This armor shares a set of new geometry, with decals and shaders specific to the activity. 
  • We will create new sets like this each Year (e.g., Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, etc.)
  • This set will arrive alongside the next expansion.

Playlist_Armor.png

This armor can be earned by completing activities or through vendor rank-ups. Weekly challenges are also being updated to offer avenues for players to earn higher-stat packages for these armor sets. 

Additionally, Year 4 will see the return of pursuit weapons. 

Adored_Base.png

Our goal is to have a pursuit weapon available per Season, earned through a focused quest. Banshee will give you a choice between Strikes, Crucible, or Gambit to earn the base model. Make sure you take a moment to think about how you want to earn the weapon, as you'll be locked in to specific objectives for whichever activity you pick. 

Once you finish the main quest, Commander Zavala, Lord Shaxx, and the Drifter will offer you an additional quest which will reward you with weapon ornaments to the theme of their respective activities. If you’re omnivorous and enjoy all three offerings, all three will be available to you.

Ehl5c-5XkAAyaHv?format=jpg&name=large

Let's take a quick look at how things are changing for core activities as you launch into your new adventures on November 10. Strike, Gambit, and Crucible playlists are being streamlined. 

Crucible:

Director_Crucible_EN.png

Note: Adept weapons, rewarded to those reaching the Lighthouse, return to Trials of Osiris in Season 12. (More details on functionality to come in a Sandbox preview, currently planned for October.)

Strikes:

• Vanguard strikes and Nightfall: The Ordeal will be your two playlist options.
  • Each playlist will continue to offer weekly challenges for Powerful loot.
  • Nightfall: The Ordeal will continue to feature matchmaking at lower difficulties, and increased rewards for higher difficulty options.
  • Note: We’re also looking to add Adept weapons to strikes in a future Season. We’ll have updates closer to Season 13 on what to expect.

Gambit:

• Gambit and Gambit Prime will be consolidated into a single mode. 
  • Build a more approachable Gambit Prime, keeping the one-round format with a longer round, but without the Gambit Prime armor perks. 
  • Rebalance the motes phase to last 2/3 of each match, rather than half of the match.
  • Speed up the Primeval fight (compared to Gambit Prime) to give more of the feeling of a ‘boss rush.’
  • Overall this mode will be a little quicker than Gambit Prime – mostly due to shortening of the boss phase and the removal of the larger bosses from the fronts, but one that still gives that great Gambit feeling that you all love.

As we approach Beyond Light, we’ll have more details on how your weekly rituals are changing. Economy, Eververse, Sandbox, and more. 

-TWAB

Edited by Joe Cool

On 9/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, Joe Cool said:

I'd say Warlock is suited best for new comers, they have good abilities, their supers are awesome, nova bomb is great for high level enemies and bosses. 

Their healing abilities also helps a lot not to themselves but to their fireteam as well. Most people who are looking for fireteams preferably asks for Warlocks.

31 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I'd say Warlock is suited best for new comers, they have good abilities, their supers are awesome, nova bomb is great for high level enemies and bosses. 

Their healing abilities also helps a lot not to themselves but to their fireteam as well. Most people who are looking for fireteams preferably asks for Warlocks.

wait, since when is Nova bomb great for bosses? It has always been Well as the choice for all warlocks against bosses.

Most people who are looking for fireteams preferably asks for Warlocks.

Because of Well. 

Warlock is good for everyone but you will be surprise how many give up after unable to jump float. :lol: 

Hunter is most used class. The jumping is easiest and able to invis yourself makes it easy choice for solo'ing. 

1 minute ago, Keano said:

wait, since when is Nova bomb great for bosses? It has always been Well as the choice for all warlocks against bosses.

For solo. Well is still preferred for team. Unless multiple Warlocks in same team, then go Nova or other supers. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, Keano said:

Destiny 1 | Week 2 |

but BUT ..  Imma save my strange coins for next week's Xur inventory. Who wastes their exotic slot for a rocket launcher, I already got my primary exotic 'Red Death' last week 

:lol: fun times

I was one of the weirdos who bought it just because it looked cool. Best decision since it didn't drop for me again for next 15 months. The number of LFG groups I got entry into because of it was insane. Its like having a VIP pass :rofl: 

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I was one of the weirdos who bought it just because it looked cool. Best decision since it didn't drop for me again for next 15 months. The number of LFG groups I got entry into because of it was insane. Its like having a VIP pass :rofl: 

I may have dodged Gjally week 2 if not for me being on two week OOF to play the game at launch and grinding every activity to be on top of things. I also remember seeing Gjally in action at Bungie studios in Bellevue on launch day when they invited few fans to play the game with the devs. I deleted characters after transferring all loot into vault and redid activities to get the loot again for the week :lol:

My RNG in D1 is S tier :P  Dropped Vex on my first try VoG hard mode and got to be a God in PvP matches for a week before they nerfed it. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2