Destiny 2

Tyler

2 hours ago, Django_3101 said:

Any word on transitioning to next gen for this game?

Already confirmed.

4K 60FPS on next-gen consoles.

Current Destiny 2 owners on PS4 and Xbox One will get free upgrades to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game for all existing content.

Bungie also teased that it was working on cross-platform play for sometime in 2021.

• Like 1

Leveled up to 800 by doing only campaign missions. 

Feeling overwhelmed by the no of bounties and npcs in this game. Still have no idea what I need to do.

What materials to collect and best way to collect. I have not done much bounties but just realised I need to do it to progress free season pass. 

Just checked how to get exotic gun and armor in the game on YouTube now I am just scared of the grind and in no way can I get them. 

Is there any useful exotic gun or hunter armor I can get without grind.. Simple mission to get it. 

Its a very well done game which people who play with friends and have  time to grind will love. 

So many things to do in this game.. It's  youtubers dream

23 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

Leveled up to 800 by doing only campaign missions. 

Feeling overwhelmed by the no of bounties and npcs in this game. Still have no idea what I need to do.

What materials to collect and best way to collect. I have not done much bounties but just realised I need to do it to progress free season pass. 

Just checked how to get exotic gun and armor in the game on YouTube now I am just scared of the grind and in no way can I get them. 

Is there any useful exotic gun or hunter armor I can get without grind.. Simple mission to get it. 

Its a very well done game which people who play with friends and have  time to grind will love. 

So many things to do in this game.. It's  youtubers dream

Once do checkout posts starting from Page 77 in this thread. There is ton of information posted  by Joe since i too had similar questions.

Are you on PS4? I can give you company doing some initial activities if we find each other online.

Are you done with all campaigns? Recommend to complete Curse of Osiris and Warmind as well since those open up some good exotic quests.

Easiest ones would be from world quest or Xur.

On Each planet, you should find a small blue icon, for example, on Titan - Enemy of my Enemy, Nessus - Exodus Black etc. Completing those quests will help out/start an exotic quest- some are easy to get. This is on top of random exotics which you can get by playing various strikes/gambit/crucible.

I think you will level up faster now , so keep playing , quests, strikes, public events etc to level up.  Free season pass progress is linked to XP but granted that Weekly bounties grant you efficient progress in XP(Especially if they have +XP as rewards)

Weekly bounties give you XP and Bright Dust (can be used to spend on cosmetics. Don't spend yet).

Don't spend legendary shards yet. you can safely dismantle lower power level gears (blue) and purple(if you have multiple copies).

Dismantling purple gear gives you legendary shards. Keep accumulating them. 

Easiest source of exotic is Xur. He is a vendor who is available after 22:30 IST on friday (until next tuesday). His location can be checked on youtube each week.

He sells one gun(29 shards) and three armor pieces(23 each for each class). The items are on rotation.

He also sell exotic engram, which costs around 97 legendary shards. So i tried to save up around 100+ shards for this guy and try to buy a armor and gun piece.

Also do try gambit/gambit prime if you hadn't given a chance. Its co-op PvE (with minor PvP element) and pretty sure you will like it. Crucible is PvP multiplayer which i don't like much but we have some quests asking to get kills using certain guns etc, so I am forced to play it(even though i suck at it)

One good thing is that , as long as you get one shot at the enemy(i.e. assist) in Crucible, it will count as you defeated the enemy, unlike other games where you need to do majority damage to count as a kill/Assist. 

• Thanks 1

NPCs are useless. Only talk to them if you want to. Weekly bounties from tower are worth doing. Ignore planetary NPCs and bounties.  

Do Banshee (Gunsmith) daily bounty for mod components. Useful always and even more since you are new.

Materials are useless for major portion of the game. You only need selected materials like Upgrade Modules / Prisms / Cores / Shards. 

Planetary materials only for buying collection items or trading at Spider for other materials. Don't focus too much and do passively. If you come across any material, pick them; else ignore. 

Still have no idea what I need to do.

Do whatever you like. PvE or PvP or PvEvP. Game offers everything.

Work on your power level, explore planets, do quests, do public events, check what's offered where, check exotics, do strikes, do gambit, do crucible, dungeons, raids, anything you want to.

Power level is important to an extent. Get minimum 950 for Shadowkeep stuff. 975 for comfy level. 

1040+ and beyond for Nightfalls and new dungeon. 

20 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

It only looks like that and Youtube stuff is very outdated pre-Shadowkeep. Most of the quests are adjusted and progress is faster now.

This season there are 3 exotics and all 3 are decent. 

• Witherhoard - free if you have season pass. Else free at rank 35. 
  • Ruinours Effigy - season pass required. Takes roughly 2-4 hours. Higher power level will make it fast as you will be killing bunch of champions. 
  • Traveler's Chosen - free. 1 hour for part 1 and 2-3 hours for part 2. 

Other exotics depends. Some quests are very simple and easy while others are long but not too grindy. Izanagi is one of longer quest but even that can be done fairly fast now. 4 days minimum as forges rotate daily. So gives you enough time and room. Xenophage takes around 2-3 hours. Whisper of the Worm is like 20 mins. 

Some catalyst are grindy while others just ask you for X kills with the weapon. Izanagi catalyst can take weeks/months. It's the longest as you need to fully upgrade your Chalice. 

There is no armor grind. Exotic armors are RNG drops from exotic engrams. You will get them as you play. 

26 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

Armor - equip whatever you get as you play. Simple. Don't waste resources on low power level stuff. You will be leveling up fast, so no need to waste materials on them. Never spend anything on Blue armor. Use and throw stuff. Repeat till you reach 1020+ minimum. After that you can start working on.

Keep any purple armor that has 18+ recovery stats. They will come handy later. Dismantle armor with low stat roll. 

Exotic guns - Risk/Runner. One of best and very easy to get early game. Get Pain and Gain quest and complete it. 

As you play and get used to gameplay, you can start working on other exotic quests. Don't pick too many and get overwhelmed. Go 1 or 2 at a time. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

This week Xûr

unknown.png

Doom Fang is good roll. Ophidia too.

Stag is meh exotic.

Prospector days are gone. 

He also sells exotic engram - 1 per week. Get it. 

I still buy all that he sells with all characters each week just so that it goes out of the RNG logic. (i heard we can still get duplicates but chances would be low).

I purchase gun, armor then exotic engram in that order as long as i don't have that with me already.

Yesterday, from the season pass exotic engram, i got an armor instead of a weapon. So i was disappointed at first but then saw that it was "Opheus Rig". Not Complaining :D 

Regarding Mods, if one mod is unlocked, can it be applied as many times as we can to various helmets. What happens if we dismantle one with mods by mistake?

Edit: Also best thing to spend glimmer when its full? I currently am buying raid banners but i don't do much raids and planetary materials at spider.

I did however find just yesterday that the vessel on Nessus has unlockable chests for 5K glimmer to get imperials and it RESETS weekly :|

Time to upgrade the Chalice. Have been neglecting it

Edited by Pacifier

5 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

I have not used any resources still. Have lots of grimmer and but have not upgraded any armor or guns. 

Will do pain and gain quest. Thanks for all the advice. 

You can spend Glimmer as you like. 

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I still buy all that he sells with all characters each week just so that it goes out of the RNG logic. (i heard we can still get duplicates but chances would be low).

Yes, buying everything you don't have is best way to fill your collection and with RNG protection you always get the one you don't have. 

Duplicates will appear once you have full completed exotic collection on your character. 

5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Orpheus RIg

Still very very good even after the nerf. 

6 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Regarding Mods, if one mod is unlocked, can it be applied as many times as we can to various helmets. What happens if we dismantle one with mods by mistake?

Mods are unlimited usage. Once unlocked, you can (re)apply as times you want.

You cannot dismantle mods anymore except the old ones from Purification weekly bounty which gives you Transcendent blessing mod. Outdated stuff. 

Artifact mods will disappear after the season ends or anytime you reset your artifact. 

8 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Also best thing to spend glimmer when its full? I currently am buying raid banners but i don't do much raids and planetary materials at spider.

I did however find just yesterday that the vessel on Nessus has unlockable chests for 5K glimmer to get imperials and it RESETS weekly :|

Time to upgrade the Chalice. Have been neglecting it

Open chest on Nessus ship and work on your chalice upgrade, yes. This is good way to spend your glimmer.

Once you are done with it, time to deposit. You can buy these to get maximum return upon dismantling. You can store them in vault. 

unknown.png

14 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

Any other good & easy to get exotic gun with catalyst. 

Nope. 

15 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

How good is huckleberry or bad juju is it easy to get. Has mag reload on kills and damage increase. 

Huckleberry is good. Bad Juju is okay too but you should know Pulse rifles aren't fast enough. Still usable. I like them more in PvP. 

Bad Juju is quest mission. Pretty good. 

16 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

Any Good sniper and scout rifle? 

Sniper:

PvP - Beloved from Menagerie. Use your chalice runes to get. 

PvE - Izanagi / Whisper are good. Borealis for fun but not worth using otherwise. 

PvE non-exotic - Supremacy from Last Wish raid. Tranquility from Moon and IKELOS_SR from this season are good as well. 

Scout rifles have no place in the game at the moment. Too slow and too shite. Randy's Throwing Knife is good one if you really want to use. Quest is long and PvP though. 

On 8/21/2020 at 5:04 PM, Joe Cool said:

As for exotics: 

1. Sturm  - get if you want. Not useful. 
  2. MIDA Multi-tool  - Scout in terrible place. 
  3. Rat King  - fun weapon but you need a friend or someone to finish the quest. 
  4. Legend of Acrius  - good in CoS but otherwise not worth. You will get it if you do Leviathan after completing quest steps. 
  5. Sleeper Simulant  - dead weapon
  6. Polaris Lance  - Scout in terrible place
  7. Worldline Zero - RIP but you will get it if you clear Mars stuff
  8. Ace of Spades  - get it
  9. The Last Word  - get it
  10. Le Monarque  - fun bow. Weekly 2 frames you can do. you need 5 weeks / 10 frames. Pick Jotunn quest together, so you can clear both in 1 go.
  11. Jotunn  - get it.
  12. Izanagi's Burden  - get it 100%
  13. Thorn  - get it
  14. Lumina  - not great but I really like it. Very snappy.
  15. Truth  - get it
  16. Bad Juju  - get it. Fun quest
  17. Anarchy - get it 100% if you learn and enjoy Scourge raid. Else get from kiosk after Beyond Light launch. 
  18. Tarrabah - not great. Grind out Crown of Sorrow if you want or wait for it to be available later as kiosk. Same for Anarchy. 

Do these quests 100% 

• Zero Hour - Outbreak Perfected exotic
  • The Whisper - Whisper of the Worm exotic

I think i am making Good progress on grabbing the exotics that are getting vaulted. Using this list as a very good reference and also tracking the red stuff in braytech tool. 

Done So Far:

Strum

MIDA Multi-tool

Ratking

Legend of Acrius

Sleeper Simulant

Polaris Lance

Worldline Zero (Got it done Yesterday. Was super fast especially with a gun like Borealis that can change energy type)

Bad Juju

Whisper of the worm

Quests in Progress:

Le Monarque(4 frames done)

Jotunn(4 frames done)

Izanagi's Burden(Need to do Shattered Throne)

Thorn (Stuck at PVP HC step)

Truth (Doing map fragments)

Lumina (At last step now)

Ace of Spades (Forsaken quest in progress but cant wait to grind the PVP quest steps:wallbash:)

The Last Word (Hate the first step where you need to do "Good" on PVP. I went to 25% first but then for some other quest to get HC kills, i had to play even more terribly than i regularly do and the % dropped to zero)

Outbreak perfected (Ran short of time multiple times. Made it to final room 2-3 times with <5mins left but not all team mates made it. Will need to keep trying with LFG until i find someone to carry :P. TR3-VR :nerves:. I waste my time hiding in the holes even if i don't hear him close)

Anarchy/Tarabbah - Yet to start

---------------------

So regarding Raids. I see in LFG people asking to join in for SOTP Boss CP  (assuming its check point).

Can i join directly even if i didn't do the before steps? (assuming i KWTD)

Edited by Pacifier

22 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Anarchy - get it 100% if you learn and enjoy Scourge raid. Else get from kiosk after Beyond Light launch. 

You'll get this gun from kiosk after beyond light .. dafuk! Ruins the charm of the gun. 

2 hours ago, rajprdp said:

Got risk runner..it's great.. Any other good & easy to get exotic gun with catalyst. 

How good is huckleberry or bad juju is it easy to get. Has mag reload on kills and damage increase. 

Any Good sniper and scout rifle? 

Huckleberry is top tier but you need that catalyst, and its an RNG drop. I think you get it from some activity on Mercury.

That's awesome progress. Guess you liking the game. ?

26 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Le Monarque(4 frames done)

Jotunn(4 frames done)

These 2 will be done passively together as long you check forge weekly. 

26 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Whisper of the worm

You can try doing weekly Heroic version for catalyst. 24% from clearing. 2% for each chest. 5 + 1 chest total. Weekly you can get up to 36% catalyst progress. 

27 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Izanagi's Burden(Need to do Shattered Throne)

Pretty good dungeon. Longest among 3 dungeons. Here's the map for starting encounter. 

kVrejaA.png

31 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Thorn (Stuck at PVP HC step)

Defeat Guardians in the Crucible using Void weapons or Hand Cannons

Just use Gnawing Hunger and you will finish it up quick. Iron Banner is active at the moment and it gives 2x progression. 

Enjoy final strike step. ?

33 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Lumina (At last step now)

Last step - strike? You only need to shoot 11 crystals. Rest you can skip. 

I love this weapon. Feels so snappy. Once you get the weapon, do a strike (lake of shadows or any) to get catalyst. You can invite a friend to tribunal hall and shoot him for fast catalyst progression. Should be done in 15-20 minutes.

37 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

The Last Word (Hate the first step where you need to do "Good" on PVP. I went to 25% first but then for some other quest to get HC kills, i had to play even more terribly than i regularly do and the % dropped to zero)

Just wait for Mayhem mode. Easy. 

The final step though...is so much fun. ?

40 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Outbreak perfected (Ran short of time multiple times. Made it to final room 2-3 times with <5mins left but not all team mates made it. Will need to keep trying with LFG until i find someone to carry :P. TR3-VR :nerves:. I waste my time hiding in the holes even if i don't hear him close)

Before you jump down, wait for Trevor to move past. Then drop and go left or right. If you are in squad, just try to get 1-2 switches on and others will get their side. 

Heroic version is even longer. 

42 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

So regarding Raids. I see in LFG people asking to join in for SOTP Boss CP  (assuming its check point).

Can i join directly even if i didn't do the before steps? (assuming i KWTD)

Yes as long you KWTD. Though I suggest you do full raid a few times and then farm cp for Anarchy. SOTP is fun unlike CoS. That Tarrabah is total snooze. 

22 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

You'll get this gun from kiosk after beyond light .. dafuk! Ruins the charm of the gun. 

Not 100% yet. Will be limited to X amount of exotics available I guess. You will be able to buy with Exotic Cipher. 

Vaulting raid does suck as they are most fun part of the game.  

We will be stuck with LW/GoS/new raid for full year. VoG I expect to be available after 2 years into Y4. 

Edited by Joe Cool

11 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

unknown.png

Very good for new players. Lake of Shadows as well. Super easy. Get lots of exotics/Prisms/Shards before it goes away. 

Yes did a quick run yday via LFG and just got Map Fragment for truth which i was doing currently :| . (might have gotten shards, didn't chk).

So what is the drop rate of exotic/prisms? And is it linked to activity or character? 

i.e. Yesterday i got a new exotic gun while just roaming and killing Hive on Tangled shore for a Map fragment. So does that mean, the next exotic will be after a while even if i play Lake of shadows(on 1050)?  or is the exotic drop rate linked to the NF:O itself and not connected to world exotic drops?

And on Legend Difficulty (having exotic drop rate as "Common"), can we expect Exotic for every 5 runs or something like that or no predefined rule?

-------

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2