Destiny 2

Tyler

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

So what is the drop rate of exotic/prisms? And is it linked to activity or character? 

Prisms are pretty common. Legend 1050 / Master 1080 drop these.

Exotics are common as well. 

Shards are rare on 1050 and uncommon on 1080.

You need to kill all champions to get platinum reward. Can skip other enemies. 

i.e. Yesterday i got a new exotic gun while just roaming and killing Hive on Tangled shore for a Map fragment. So does that mean, the next exotic will be after a while even if i play Lake of shadows(on 1050)?  or is the exotic drop rate linked to the NF:O itself and not connected to world exotic drops?

Engram drop rates don't affect Nightfalls. You will get exotics based on Nightfall difficulty and platinum reward. 

And on Legend Difficulty (having exotic drop rate as "Common"), can we expect Exotic for every 5 runs or something like that or no predefined rule?

Easily. No predefined rule. You can get every run or 2 or 5. 

• Thanks 1

CUSTOMIZABLE GHOSTS

Finally! No more forced to use Guiding Light / Speed Demon ghosts. 

In Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Ghosts have received a system update which shares some functionality to what was done with armor in Shadowkeep. Here’s a brief outline of what to expect:

• Ghost Shells will now have energy levels and access to mods with various energy costs instead of being pre-loaded with specific perks.
  • This treatment has been applied to all Ghosts outside of the Generalist Shell, so you can use your favorite Ghost Shells, regardless of tier.
  • A selection of mods will be available on all Ghost Shells by default, while the remaining ones will be obtainable via various gameplay sources. Information on where to find these mods can be learned from Collections.
  • Ghost mods will be obtained from gameplay reward loops and will not be purchasable from Eververse.
  • Ghosts now have four mod slots. Three are unlocked by default, and the fourth is unlocked by Masterworking the Ghost Shell.

Ghost_Mod_XP_EN.png

Ghost_Mod_XP_EN.png

Fantastic! 

XBOX GAME PASS AND EXPANSION AVAILABILITY

• Next Tuesday, September 22, Destiny 2 will become available on Xbox Game Pass at 8 AM PDT, however, players won’t be able to access Forsaken or Shadowkeep until 10 AM PDT when Hotfix 2.9.2.1 goes live.

3 hours ago, goDofWar_skr said:

So I just got the flawless scourge of the past done.. 
Any tips on getting those 500 kills in forges done quickly?

Nope. Just do it over 10 or 20 days. 2-5 cycles without getting burned out. 100-250 kills each day. 

Equip special ammo mods and scavenger. 

So weapon catalyst drops also count as Exotic drop or they are less rare?

Not sure if it is due to the double rewards or me playing more of Hero Nightfall, but i had all of these catalysts drop this week alone

Rat King

Lumina

Worldline Zero

Borealis

Also I started using Graviton lance Pulse rifle. This thing is a beast in PvE, especially for crowd control. I thought only Sunshot was great for that since the explosions are chained if enemies are in close proximity but this one is on a whole new level.

You just shoot one enemy in a bunch and the chain reaction it causes when lots of enemies are around is a wonderful sight (For example in the last but one room in Lake of Shadows Night fall).

Any other exotics has similar behavior? like Sunshot and Graviton Lance?

Also i learned that if we unlock the Unstoppable Pulse rifle Armor Mod and apply, then we can use any pulse rifle (even exotics) in Night Fall against unstoppable champions. So graviton lance makes it a lot easier.

Edited by Pacifier

Some of them are rare while some drop 100% after you get the exotic weapon.

Lumina was given to all after 1st match/strike completion. Rest are random drops and fairly easy to obtain. 

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Also I started using Graviton lance Pulse rifle. This thing is a beast in PvE, especially for crowd control.

It is pretty good. Can even use it against champions thanks to seasonal Pulse mod. 

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I thought only Sunshot was great for that since the explosions are chained if enemies are in close proximity but this one is on a whole new level.

Sunshot still shines if you slot in Warmind cell mods. Solar explosions create a cell which can be shot for aoe damage/heal/etc - based on your Warmind cell setup. 

Currently Warmind cells are bit okay as they are restricted to certain weapons but overall super fun. Had a blast during Worthy season. 

7 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Any other exotics has similar behavior? like Sunshot and Graviton Lance?

AoE type?

Trinity Ghoul - my favorite for aoe ad clear. Fantastic with catalyst. 

Riskrunner - not really similar but does chain nearby enemies when skill is active

Telesto - pretty awesome and fun. Covers good area. Special ammo. Even better if you have catalyst.

Witherhoard - special ammo. Good with catalyst else slow reload. 

12 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Also i learned that if we unlock the Unstoppable Pulse rifle Armor Mod and apply, then we can use any pulse rifle (even exotics) in Night Fall against unstoppable champions. So graviton lance makes it a lot easier.

Yep. They finally made exotic usable for champs. Hopefully we get more next season. 

7_82.jpg<a

Have finish main campaign and first expansion Curse of Osiris..starting Warmind

This is the setup i am using now.playing only campaign

Night Watch with rampage and outlaw

Bad omen with tracking module,alloy casting and cluster bomb

Risk runner 

8_75.jpg

Are these good and also whats the difference between various armor types is there any differentiating perks..i cant find any difference apart from cosmetic appearance.

Edited by rajprdp

Scout weapons bad in current meta. You can still use it though but outclassed by Assault / SMGs. 

Perks comes down to weapons and playstyle.

Rampage / Swashbuckler + Subsistence is very good on Assault rifle like Gnawing Hunger. Subsistence is bad on SMG.

Reload perks always good. Outlaw / Rapid HIt / Feeding Frenzy.

Demolitionist if your build is around grenades. 

Kill Clip good in PvP. Rangefinder too. 

For Sword, unlock from season pass rank 30 - Falling Guillotine. Once you get it, you can get more from opening engrams at Recaster.

Best perk on Sword - Swordmaster's Guard + Relentless Strikes + Whirlwind Blade

16 minutes ago, rajprdp said:

also whats the difference between various armor types is there any differentiating perks..i cant find any difference apart from cosmetic appearance.

Blue armor is useless as they can't be infused and have only 2 mod slots. 

Purple armor depends on what seasonal slot it has. Doesn't matter for early game. 

Once you level up a decent amount and start working for end game stuff, you will be using better gear with proper mod slots that are useful. 

On 9/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, Joe Cool said:

AoE type?

Trinity Ghoul - my favorite for aoe ad clear. Fantastic with catalyst. 

Riskrunner - not really similar but does chain nearby enemies when skill is active

Telesto - pretty awesome and fun. Covers good area. Special ammo. Even better if you have catalyst.

Witherhoard - special ammo. Good with catalyst else slow reload. 

Witherhoard is really good for clearing ads and even big guys (not champions) and paring with windego GL3 and gnawing/summoner

I want Trinity Ghoul this season (hoping for drop) 

Funny I didn't bothered with telesto when xur bought it. Now I wanting it even more

Riskrunner is my to go gun when it comes to taken ads, easy clear. The worst part is it takes away an exotic slot. 

In time I felt that exotic guns with primary ammo isn't worth it. Better give a slot to special ammo guns or best for heavy like xenophage. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

People are using Falling Guillotine like crazy, it's currently the best power weapons. Either he's a pro or regular the swords does his job on ads or bosses (even champions) 

Falling Guillotine is the best sword. Must have. Get these perks and you are set.

unknown.png

Works in dungeons, raids, nightfalls, champions, everywhere. It is even good in PvP. I barely change power weapon. 

53 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Is it too late to spend on season of arrivals @Joe Cool? Do not have anything else to play these days

Around 49 days left. I think that's lot of days to clear Arrivals stuff if you play regularly.

Or you can start working on stuff that is getting vaulted in 49 days. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Around 49 days left. I think that's lot of days to clear Arrivals stuff if you play regularly.

Or you can start working on stuff that is getting vaulted in 49 days. 

I am around 1009 power level now. Play kind of 1 or 2 hours daily - mostly crucible or tasks to get powerful engrams. 

8 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

I am around 1009 power level now. Play kind of 1 or 2 hours daily - mostly crucible or tasks to get powerful engrams. 

Yeah, don't buy season pass. ? Rather just Beyond Light Deluxe which should cover next full year. That is if you are going to stick around. 

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Destiny 2 Beyond Light
  • KnackChap changed the title to Destiny 2