Bicycle suggestion for newbie

l33tmaniac

Hey guys, not sure if there is already a thread. Tried searching for it couldn't find one. Hence starting this.

Need suggestions for a decent hybrid bicycle around 20-25k. I am a newbie who just wants to get into cycling. After doing some research, narrowed down on Montra 1.1 Blues and Firefox Roadrunner Pro-V. Firefox Rapide 21s also falls into budget. Not sure which of this to pick. Will be great if any cycling enthusiast here can help me out :) I don't intend to do much off road cycling. Mostly within the city and probably outside during weekends.

I took the Montra Blues for a test-ride today and found it pretty comfortable. Firefox was not available and the guy at the shop suggested me to go for Montra since it supposedly offers better comfort for riding.

:arigato:

Edited by l33tmaniac

Cycle is seriously awesome man.I am thinking of getting one too but not that High Budget.

Thanks man :) I just want to get into the habit. Heard its a pretty good stress buster too. Also, 20k is supposedly the entry level for decent gear bikes. You'll be surprised when you learn about how expensive these things can get :|

I prefer fat bike. It has fat tires and better to ride. It's actually a mountain/snow bike but works great on roads. Costs around 20k. Do search about it. The same is available in India but imported.

Make sure you also get mudguard since usually they lack that.

Edited by djanuj

Montra Blues 1.1 is pretty decent bike. It's very popular Hybrid variant. 2017 model should be releasing as well IMO. Else go ahead with 2016 variant.

Thanks man. Do you recommend the rigid variant or the one with suspension?

Suspension is always good, specially in Hyd. Though it increases some weight, it gives some comfort on bad roads.

Actually moved to Chennai 😬 Will try getting the one with suspension!

Head over to decathlon, check out some of their basic bikes first, geared ones with suspensions starts at around 8k, check em out first since you are just starting and see if it fits the need. Also, start out with cheaper one until you get a hang of it, knowing you, sale by next month [emoji14] :D (I am no better and I know it :P)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Head over to decathlon, check out some of their basic bikes first, geared ones with suspensions starts at around 8k, check em out first since you are just starting and see if it fits the need. Also, start out with cheaper one until you get a hang of it, knowing you, sale by next month [emoji14] :D (I am no better and I know it :P)

Ohho Welcome back Manokamna bro.

I am not looking for Geared bike though :P

Lol :D I am trying to be serious about it man. Btw, I ended up buying a switch(to be delivered by courier boy aka friend at the end of the month). Still did not get the PS4 Pro though.

Lol :D I am trying to be serious about it man. Btw, I ended up buying a switch(to be delivered by courier boy aka friend at the end of the month). Still did not get the PS4 Pro though.

I know, let me know before you sell the switch [emoji14]

Edited by Monokuma

take it from a guy who has been down this road a year back thinking i'll get back to cycling but now his 15k cycle is gathering dust :/

try btwin rockrider series( just change the tyre to a slimmer profile- imo we r not that young we used to be mtb tyres takes lot of effort to get going) :(

or hercules machcity - get the basic 7 speed gear one

• Like 2

take it from a guy who has been down this road a year back thinking i'll get back to cycling but now his 15k cycle is gathering dust :/

try btwin rockrider series( just change the tyre to a slimmer profile- imo we r not that young we used to be mtb tyres takes lot of effort to get going) :(

or hercules machcity - get the basic 7 speed gear one

Thanks man :) I am not that old yet :P

Don't even get me started here. Just took the training wheels of my wife's bike because she refused to sit after trying to learn for a week.

I started riding last week early morning and I realised how out of shape I really am. By the time I completed the first ascend I was ready to head back home. Mind you this was the same ascend that I probably did about 3-4 times a day way back when. But I enjoyed the next few days anyway. Might get back into it if I keep this up.