Launch US PS4 stopped working, PSU issue. Quickest best remedy?

newuxtreme

So got a PS4 from the US, launch fat one. Faithfully lasted me say 3-4 years. Finally it's now not powering on anymore.

I cleaned the fans once but to no avail. Didn't thermal repaste but don't know if that's required.

I try to turn it on but the blue light turns on for less than half a second and immediately switches off. No other sounds or anything from the PS4. Only the last 2 weeks did I feel that the PS4 was making a lot of noises.

What's my best step to get another PS4?

Try to get it fixed from someone else? If so what costs do I expect and how much?

Does Sony offer any deals on the new PS4 pros for turning in the old consoles? If so how much?

I'd like to get a new console asap while getting rid of my currently non functional one.

Also is there any way to get or access the data on the hard drive of the PS4 any more?

All help much appreciated.

If you are sure its the PSU, order a replacement from aliexpress, change it yourself. Since you already know how to de-assemble, it will be pretty easy.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

So got a PS4 from the US, launch fat one. Faithfully lasted me say 3-4 years. Finally it's now not powering on anymore.

I cleaned the fans once but to no avail. Didn't thermal repaste but don't know if that's required.

I try to turn it on but the blue light turns on for less than half a second and immediately switches off. No other sounds or anything from the PS4. Only the last 2 weeks did I feel that the PS4 was making a lot of noises.

What's my best step to get another PS4?

Try to get it fixed from someone else? If so what costs do I expect and how much?

All help much appreciated.

Exactly what was happening with my launch model as well from day one. Ordered the power supply from aliexpress and it was back in action. The replacing is really easy. Shouldn't take you more than 10mins tops.

Exactly what was happening with my launch model as well from day one. Ordered the power supply from aliexpress and it was back in action. The replacing is really easy. Shouldn't take you more than 10mins tops.

If you are sure its the PSU, order a replacement from aliexpress, change it yourself. Since you already know how to de-assemble, it will be pretty easy.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Could you guys be a bunch of bros and refer me to the right link?

I don't want to pull the trigger on something that isn't the right thing.

Are PSUs different or is there something specific I am looking for?

EDIT : My PS4 sticker says CUH - 1001A is that something I am supposed to be looking at?

Yes I watched a couple of videos initially when I was trying to fix it. I did disassemble and clear the fans but the videos I saw showing my symptoms said it was a faulty PSU unit.

This was one of the videos I saw. Anyways I have pulled the trigger on it now, hopefully this works, it seems to have for most others.

Sony wouldn't replace mine. It's a very old launch console plus bought in the US plus who knows where the US invoice is now.

My friends are suggesting against going for another Fat PS4 and even a slim PS4 now. The remaining option is a PS4 Pro which is currently not only hard to find in the market but also a little too pricey.

For about 50 USD if this works its a fantastic resolution.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to give folks a heads up. I replaced the console but it didn't work. The issue wasn't with the PSU after all, at least not in this case.

I ended up going to Gaffar market and getting a non warranty PS4. I also managed to sell this old dead 3 yr old console and accessories for 7k. Not a bad overall deal imho.

Archived