Farcry 5

Engineer

• 1 month later...

Going to wait for next month for the final DLC to drop. 

DEAD LIVING ZOMBIES - AVAILABLE IN AUGUST

xNeOFoF.jpg

B-movie director Guy Marvel is destined to be the next big thing – just ask him. Join him in 7 hilarious scenarios to take on hordes and hordes of undead zombies. 

• 1 year later...

Weird that I couldn't find a thread for this.  Feel free to merge this with the OT if anyone finds it. 

Anyway, been playing this since the past two weeks and it has been an absolutely fantastic game so far.  I love how the game doesn't have any mini maps or GPS and forces you to explore.  For ex: the stash locations are found by either talking to someone or rescuing civilians and more information about the surroundings is got by finding maps.   Good riddance from 'climb the tower to unlock the map' thing the previous games forced on you.  Farcry 3 was the last farcry game I played, and this really takes the fun factor up a notch, with the addition of companions.  Even the perks systems is quite well done, giving you enough incentive to do the side activities. Of course the game is repetitive with the same liberate cult posts , keep fighting enemies every 100 mtrs, take over region after region etc., but for some reason none of them get boring.  The game is damn pretty to look at too. 

It does go overboard with the setting and the story , but who cares as long as the game is this fun.

Edited by Ne0

Flying sucks big time (unbearable) and land traversal also sucks (huge and not connected enough with the main story and random encounters are a bit more as well)

Far cry 3 map was the best and easy/fast to navigate through missions.

Multiple bosses tied to their own region having their own theme was the only real up.

Companions make the game sometimes more fun and much easier too.

Edited by GunnerY2J

^^ agreed, vehicles handle rather poorly, which is why i usually turn on autodrive after setting a waypoint.   The game is a tad bit more difficult than farcry 3 if you go all rambo, but if you sneak and use a companion wisely, its much more easier !

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Game on sale for 900 bucks. Should i get it?

Depends, it has some variations to the farcry 3 formula with the introduction of the perks and companion system, getting rid of all those towers unlock nonsense and all, but overall the core gameplay is very much like farcry 3 (i haven't played fc4 or primal) . I'm enjoying it much more than fc3,  but some might find the overall structure pretty repetitive !

Edited by Ne0

• 7 months later...

Far Cry: Vaas Actor Hints at a Return to the Iconic Role

Michael Mando, the actor behind iconic Far Cry 3 villain, Vaas, has hinted towards him playing the role again. In a Reddit AMA, the Better Call Saul and Orphan Black actor was asked if he was still recognised as Vaas. His reply seems to imply that he'll be recognised more in future:

"Thank you so much! Vaas is my spirit animal - having co-created that character is something that will always be dear to me. I still get recognized as Vaas, and I still feel the outpouring of love for that character - makes me very happy. Who knows... maybe I will reprise the role very soon? :p Thank you for watching xo"

link

• Like 1