Pro Evolution Soccer 2018

SRINI87

Well, I played 2 matches on the Top Player difficulty and lost both matches. :fear:

I've been playing FIFA 17 for the last few weeks and the difference is immense. Played this Demo and getting back to the PES mode.

Will need some more time with the demo to decide if it is as good as PES2017 or not.

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

PC getting shafted again. Classic. CaSTSnX.png

Till when the demo is available on the console? Till launch? If so, will download it. 

Pc demo would come out probably on the release date.

Try the demo on the consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not even find players to play in pes demo.  Could we have played with com in pes demo? 

I don't know about fifa 17 or 18 but gameplay (except some instants) gameplay in pes is absolutely brilliant.  But now I also want some other lively things like live stadium. 

I don't know what's the use of including Usain Bolt in a football game?  Does he play football in real life? 

Bolt is a marketing tool. He is rumroured to be taking trails with Dortmund?

Playing the game on manual passing with advanced through ball. Now, we are speaking of simulation.

Shows how difficult/tricky it is to do any kind of pass, but when done correctly can give immense joy.

27 minutes ago, Survivor said:

I could not even find players to play in pes demo.  Could we have played with com in pes demo? 

I don't know about fifa 17 or 18 but gameplay (except some instants) gameplay in pes is absolutely brilliant.  But now I also want some other lively things like live stadium. 

I don't know what's the use of including Usain Bolt in a football game?  Does he play football in real life? 

Had the same issue with BETA. No opponent found. Given my playtime is 90% in online mode, this was a huge blow. 

DEMO is offline only. Exhibition and co-op. You can still try it. 

Between FIFA and PES, I'm not going to tell what to play. Personally, I always pick FIFA purely for the content, online and entertainment. The sliders work great against AI if you play single player and online is online. The gameplay might not be PES level (not far behind) but everything else is just miles ahead compared to PES. 

Bolt doesn't play football professionally or at all. Just marketing. A terrible one. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Had the same issue with BETA. No opponent found. Given my playtime is 90% in online mode, this was a huge blow. 

DEMO is offline only. Exhibition and co-op. You can still try it. 

Between FIFA and PES, I'm not going to tell what to play. Personally, I always pick FIFA purely for the content, online and entertainment. The sliders work great against AI if you play single player and online is online. The gameplay might not be PES level (not far behind) but everything else is just miles ahead compared to PES. 

Bolt doesn't play football professionally or at all. Just marketing. A terrible one. 

I see in pes that every other player online having Messi and Ronaldo in pes..  Even I have them along with many other star players in my club.  Though I spent money and GPS to earn most of them but even you may have them from pre order bonus if you are lucky ( and you are always lucky to have at least 1-2 superstars at the beginning itself) 

As you say you have been playing fifa,  is it that easy to get superstars like  Ronaldo Messi in fifa (in my club or what ever it is called there) ? 

Ultimate Team in FIFA. Honestly, it is extremely addicting and competitive than ever. 

1. You will see Messi or Ronaldo once in 1 in 100+ matches. Sometimes even less and usually around TOTY/TOTS release. That's how rare and expensive they are. Even with the price range, they take a long time to get, unless you are super-duper-ultra lucky with packs. 

2. UT runs on currency (coins). You get coins by playing matches and from other stuff. It has own market and it is controlled by users. You can list, sell and buy players and other stuff (stadiums/balls/kits, etc). This is where the whole mode shines and keeps things super interesting as you can bid players you want and track them. Start from a small cheap team, try various squads, countries, clubs, and slowly build your way to your dream team. You cannot simply buy all top players easily. Each has their own price range and you need to play and collect coins to buy. 

3. If you are not into online, UT also has single player seasons where you can still play against AI and win rewards. This allows players to learn and also build more teams and rotate. 

4. SBC - these are squad building challenges which you can complete for a special card. This was added last year and has been widely appreciated by the community. Very well done.

5. Weekend league - brutal, sweaty and competitive. You have 40 matches and the more you win, the more you get. This resets every week. Extremely good addition to UT. 

6. Squad battles - this year's new addition. This is basically like weekend league but against AI. Great because you can choose the AI difficulty as per your liking and still get rewards accordingly. This also allows users to play casually and also get better at the game as Ultimate AI difficulty is quite a challenge. 

7. Apart from that, there is online division, random tournaments, draft mode (where you draft players and compete). 

8. There is also weekly INFORM players. When a player in real life does well, they receive a new card in-game. Example: Messi scored 3 goals today. He will get a new card on Wednesday. The requirement also increases so that players in real life don't get it every week. Kind of makes the mode alive and not dead with same base cards that were revealed at launch. We also have special cards on special occasions along with traditional legends, TOTY & TOTS. 

Playing UT since 2013 and purchased Messi from the market only once. They are already limited and it took me around 1.1 million coins to get him. Was worth it and the whole journey felt like a challenge. AJDAkq7.png

Give it try. It's a lot of fun. Both on casual and hardcore levels. No wonder it is most played mode on FIFA. 

Archived