Coronavirus

hope

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah I can't get BB to deliver anything here. Luckily there's two MOREs and a Dmart within 5 min driving distance from where I live.

Dmart lines are crazy here. People still care about discounts more than their life. 

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Dmart lines are crazy here. People still care about discounts more than their life. 

Yup, what these f**kers don't understand is money is secondary now. If you get infected, and die, WTF are you going to do with that money? 

8 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hmm, looks I'm the only one here who goes out every second day. 

The good part is that the police here don't stop/interrogate people on cycle it seems, while on the way I see every one stopped and asked purpose and stuff.

Good it doesn't spread by posting online, or we would have had to ban you. 

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Here they actually don't let you in without prior appointment. You get 15 min slot and must be out before that. 

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Good it doesn't spread by posting online, or we would have had to ban you. 

Hmm, that was harsh.

I am not supporting going out, just my situation where I do need to, it's mostly for the family - can live on dal chaawal ghee and dahi for a month but not others.

I wasn't expecting that no one here is going out hence, when I see quite a lot of people outside for buying stuff.

15 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hmm, that was harsh.

I am not supporting going out, just my situation where I do need to, it's mostly for the family - can live on dal chaawal ghee and dahi for a month but not others.

I wasn't expecting that no one here is going out hence, when I see quite a lot of people outside for buying stuff.

Well the need of the hour is to switch eating habits, as some one said switch to lentils, rajma, chane. You ca easily stack couple of kgs of them, and all you need is onion and tomato and maybe garlic to prepare them. If you don't have a big fridge, you can always make tomato puree and save it. 

I am a non vegetarian mainly, it's been more then a month I ate chicken last, not that I am not missing it, but that is the need of the hour. I won't die if I won't eat chicken, but I don't want to die going out looking for it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

BB/Grocers has been showing no slots avb since day 1. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah I can't get BB to deliver anything here. Luckily there's two MOREs and a Dmart within 5 min driving distance from where I live.

56 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

You have to look at specific times for BB slots. Snake also wasn't getting them till he tried early in morning. For me the slots opened up at 9-9:30 PM. We kept items added the cart and kept trying to checkout throughout the day every day till we figured out the timing. 

Yup, slots for specific area open up somewhere around 10-ish. place order for whatever I can.

19 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hmm, that was harsh.

Do you think it was easy for us to give up our eating habits? My mom and dad had to give up milk based tea and coffee. My dad always used to eat full meal like a veggie, rice, daal, roti, both in lunch and dinner. Now we eat one veggie for whole day, sometimes only dal rice. All have adjusted. I never used to eat at home on weekends. I was addicted to fast food or even the healthy food like Salads and boiled food on Sundays. I have given up all since 1st March. You really have no choice here. I hate rajma, my dad hates rajma, but we had rajma chawal last night. This is the need of the hour. You simply cannot expect to continue your normal eating in pandemic. This makes the lockdown fail. Today only it was decided that essentials will remain open from 12-4 PM only. Some stupid a*s guy took this decision and I saw people lining up in front of grocery store from 12. These were are middle class or upper middle class people. WTF do these people need so desperately by queuing up at 12 PM in afternoon? Have people lost their f**king minds? Just make do with what you have. This is matter of months if followed properly, else this lockdown will go on and on if people keep stepping out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Hmm, looks I'm the only one here who goes out every second day. 

The good part is that the police here don't stop/interrogate people on cycle it seems, while on the way I see every one stopped and asked purpose and stuff.

Goes out every second day :doh: My blood boils seeing the stupidity here. Putting yourself and others at risk so you can continue your eating habits like in the normal days.

Damm. Why cant people understand a simple thing  :( 

Also dmart is doing home delivery in our area. Please check their app if you have the same in your area. They put everything in a box. You pay and take the box. Only thing is its only cod and card payment. It would have been good if it was through gpay or something. 

If we survive this, we all can eat Bacon wrapped prawns on a beach somewhere, with a freshly brewed beer to go with and cheesy nachos waiting on the side.

So changing eating habits, should be last thing on anyone’s mind. We get 2000-2500 calories in the day that is a luxury because millions are surviving on one time food.

I have become anyway very minimalistiic on food laat year, after being a foodie for most of my life. These days 2 chapati or a bowl of rice with Daal/Rasam with any sabji that is available is good enough.

• Like 1

Yes, I know it's not the need of the hour.

Milk tea cannot be given up for sure by father, headache whole day if not tea and he would go to the market himself if I don't and he doesn't get huge stock either ,which I do get for like 5-6 days.

Plus small kids want what they want and when they want no matter what.

Stocking stuff from the market isn't being responsible either, if everyone buys what they need for 3-4 days in a controlled manner while taking precautions, all's good.

I definitely agree and also surprised though with the hard steps and precautions you all are taking and are right.

Edited by GunnerY2J

7 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Do you think it was easy for us to give up our eating habits? My mom and dad had to give up milk based tea and coffee. My dad always used to eat full meal like a veggie, rice, daal, roti, both in lunch and dinner. Now we eat one veggie for whole day, sometimes only dal rice. All have adjusted. I never used to eat at home on weekends. I was addicted to fast food or even the healthy food like Salads and boiled food on Sundays. I have given up all since 1st March. You really have no choice here. I hate rajma, my dad hates rajma, but we had rajma chawal last night. This is the need of the hour. You simply cannot expect to continue your normal eating in pandemic. This makes the lockdown fail. Today only it was decided that essentials will remain open from 12-4 PM only. Some stupid a*s guy took this decision and I saw people lining up in front of grocery store from 12. These were are middle class or upper middle class people. WTF do these people need so desperately by queuing up at 12 PM in afternoon? Have people lost their f**king minds? Just make do with what you have. This is matter of months if followed properly, else this lockdown will go on and on if people keep stepping out.

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Well the need of the hour is to switch eating habits, as some one said switch to lentils, rajma, chane. You ca easily stack couple of kgs of them, and all you need is onion and tomato and maybe garlic to prepare them. If you don't have a big fridge, you can always make tomato puree and save it. 

I am a non vegetarian mainly, it's been more then a month I ate chicken last, not that I am not missing it, but that is the need of the hour. I won't die if I won't eat chicken, but I don't want to die going out looking for it. 

This so much.