Apex Legends

Engineer

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Duos are getting added to the game permanently. And now we'll get to pick between World's Edge and Kings Canyon. 

Its what everybody's been asking for, but Im worried about lobbies filling fast enough. I don't wanna keep waiting for the lobby to fill up.

PS- I'm not the best player in the game. I can manage 3 kills and 1000 damage or so on a good match. Its probably cuz I havent played for the last 8 months, and even now I can play an hour max everyday. My squadmates sometimes have to carry me (they're pretty good, managing 2000 damage is easy). Once duos is permanent, they're probably gonna go that way most of the time. But like all things, I guess the only way to get better at the game is to play more often.

I play with a friend usually and I dont think our friendship is strong enough to survive duos. 

Right now anything that goes wrong is the fault of the idiot random. Who do we blame in duos? :fear:

Most likely we won't have issues with matchmaking with entire world in lock down..I find this game to be fun to play even if your bad in gunfight.. You still can help ur squad win.. Also contant events are nice. 

14 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I play with a friend usually and I dont think our friendship is strong enough to survive duos.  

Right now anything that goes wrong is the fault of the idiot random. Who do we blame in duos? :fear:

The connection , the lag, the ping issue..

19 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Hahah that is a problem. In competitive games like these, there can be a lot of blaming and stuff which can get really toxic.

I'm not actually that bad, its just the guys I play with sink 10 hours into the game each day, and thats something I can't do.

So when we're playing Ranked in Platinum or Diamond lobbies, its obviously above my skill level to 1v2  a fight when my team-mates go down. 

Is there not a fixed time limit on the map rotation?

I was playing Trios yesterday night. When I started, Kings Canyon (Day) was just getting over, so only played 1 game. Then played Kings Canyon AfterDark for a few good matches, and then it somehow went over to World's Edge. 

Either way, I'm happy about it as I personally like World's Edge over Kings Canyon. Dropping Capital City is complete mayhem, but a lot of fun at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Ace is onto Valorant now, very likely that Apex is gonna take the backseat for him.

Anyway this highlight reel is phenomenal. 

Everybody and their mom is into Valorant these days. :P

They will all come back.

9 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Everybody and their mom is into Valorant these days. :P

They will all come back.

Hahaha

Are you playing Duos then? I honestly prefer Trios essentially because "more the merrier". If my friends are playing, its fun to play as a three-man squad over just the two of us.

But I see why Duos was added. My buddies weren't playing yesterday, and I get completely newbie randoms, who don't wanna fight and loot all day. Then when I fight and have to 1v2 or 1v3 a squad, they're no help at all. 

We were fighting a squad yesterday, me and one random vs a full team of 3, and the other guy was just standing off to the side. He hadn't picked up armor the entire game, even though we pinged it multiple times. So we knew this guy was gonna be no help. He didn't even have a mic.

We manage to 2v3 the fight, and this guy now decides to come, and yoinks my Purple armor :ranting:

New update again. As per the patchnotes, you need less damage to evolve your Evo shields now. I didn't use em much, dont plan to either.

But you now need 400 for Red, instead of 500, and 150 for Purple instead of 300. 

9 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Hahaha

Are you playing Duos then? I honestly prefer Trios essentially because "more the merrier". If my friends are playing, its fun to play as a three-man squad over just the two of us.

But I see why Duos was added. My buddies weren't playing yesterday, and I get completely newbie randoms, who don't wanna fight and loot all day. Then when I fight and have to 1v2 or 1v3 a squad, they're no help at all. 

We were fighting a squad yesterday, me and one random vs a full team of 3, and the other guy was just standing off to the side. He hadn't picked up armor the entire game, even though we pinged it multiple times. So we knew this guy was gonna be no help. He didn't even have a mic.

We manage to 2v3 the fight, and this guy now decides to come, and yoinks my Purple armor :ranting:

I play with a friend who is an absolute loot wh*re. If he gets downed during a fight and we revive him after finishing a squad first thing he will do even before healing is make a run for the Gold/Purple death box of the team we killed. If he is alive when we are downed, first he will loot everything before reviving us. :wallbash: 

Anyway, I prefer trios on World edge and Duos on Kings Canyon. I feel like the loot on KC is really shitty for 3 man squads. And the map is pretty small as well. I think Duos suits that map better. 

31 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

I play with a friend who is an absolute loot wh*re. If he gets downed during a fight and we revive him after finishing a squad first thing he will do even before healing is make a run for the Gold/Purple death box of the team we killed. If he is alive when we are downed, first he will loot everything before reviving us. :wallbash: 

Anyway, I prefer trios on World edge and Duos on Kings Canyon. I feel like the loot on KC is really shitty for 3 man squads. And the map is pretty small as well. I think Duos suits that map better. 

Haha thats can be really bad. I'm sure you've had plenty of cases where your friend is busy looting and you can third partied bad. 

With my permanent squad, whoever got the kill gets the good armor or whatever. Unless its like a Gold Bag, so that works better with the Lifeline or Gibraltar so yeah. 

They've bumped the loot on KC now with this last update. Still prefer World's Edge, with KC each location is so different from the last it can get bothersome at times. 

My permanent squad is a team of 3 so trios. When I have to play with randoms, I usually don't get anybody good or knows the way around the game. Getting stuck in Duos with that kind of person sucks, so I pick Trios, hoping one guy is at least good. But my usual squad, they're very picky with their legends. One guy will only play Bangalore, the other will only play Bloodhound. They're good but they're not the best legends by far.

So I end up having to pick Pathfinder/Wraith every game to give our team some mobility. Its very tough to play with legends with no mobility advantages.

Was playing my last game right now, and randoms were decent, we got the win. 

First win for Season 4, though I've only started playing Apex again 4 days back. Got the win with Gibraltar, it was my first time using the guy :) 

https://imgur.com/hFVfyyi

Edited by Chirag2001

18 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Finally something worked today

Ahhh did you get the win too? Why didn't you say so xD

Sorry I made you wait, but very neat use of Mirage. 

In all honestly, I only liked him upto this point for his hilarious quips but this is proof that he is quite playable 

Nice job man   How did you record this though? I've only ever used the Share button for taking screenshots, never really bothered to see how you record stuff