Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

5 hours ago, radicaldude said:

I would have preferred a nerfed BFG with more ammo.

The insane power is what makes the BFG unique IMO. And while it's not really the same, you do have the Unmaykr as well, which I found to be pretty useful against Archviles. But yeah, the fact that it shares ammo with the BFG is dumb. 

5 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Though I agree that chainsawing is a nice mechanic but sometimes it gets a tad repetitive.

Ah okay.

Personally, chainsawing didn't really wear out its welcome because like glory-kills, it acted as a much needed breather in the middle of hectic fights.

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The insane power is what makes the BFG unique IMO. And while it's not really the same, you do have the Unmaykr as well, which I found to be pretty useful against Archviles. But yeah, the fact that it shares ammo with the BFG is dumb.  

Ah okay.

Personally, chainsawing didn't really wear out its welcome because like glory-kills, it acted as a much needed breather in the middle of hectic fights.

I want something with doom 2016 weapon mechanics and DE platforming xD

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

I want something with doom 2016 weapon mechanics and DE platforming xD

With the success that Eternal's had, that might just be a pipe dream now :P

Unless of course, someone on the indie scene steps up.

20 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

With the success that Eternal's had, that might just be a pipe dream now :P

Unless of course, someone on the indie scene steps up.

I think they would include a jetpack in the next game.....and increase the ammo count ofcourse.

Even the shield is less than what should have been. I mean after battling 2 tyrants and umpteen imps, how can you expect someone to go into a room (small, closed, less room for strafing) with little armor and ammo and face a marauder and an archvile .

I am eager to know what the DLCs would bring with them

18 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Even the shield is less than what should have been. I mean after battling 2 tyrants and umpteen imps, how can you expect someone to go into a room (small, closed, less room for strafing) with little armor and ammo and face a marauder and an archvile .

Flame belch for armour :P

I'm probably gonna sound like a broken record at this point but the game gives you all the tools you need. You just have to make use of them as much as possible.

The "Ice Grenade -> Flame Belch -> Frag Grenade or Rocket" combo on crowds works really well for armour.

Even the SSG mastery makes the meat hook throw out armour shards.

9 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Flame belch for armour :P

I'm probably gonna sound like a broken record at this point but the game gives you all the tools you need. You just have to make use of them as much as possible.

The "Ice Grenade -> Flame Belch -> Frag Grenade or Rocket" combo on crowds works really well for armour.

Even the SSG mastery makes the meat hook throw out armour shards.

what runes do you use/suggest for maximum returns in terms of fast gameplay, and good supply of essentials (ammo and armor)

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

what runes do you use/suggest for maximum returns in terms of fast gameplay, and good supply of essentials (ammo and armor)

I completed the game using "Dazed and Confused", "Saving Throw" and "Seek and Destroy". They're not exactly runes that net you armour and ammo but I never really felt that they were scarce.

It was when I started playing the master levels that I felt the need for lower cool-down timers on my grenades and flame-belch. So I swapped "Seek and Destroy" (which was kinda useless now that I had the meat-hook) with "Equipment Fiend".

2 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I completed the game using "Dazed and Confused", "Saving Throw" and "Seek and Destroy". They're not exactly runes that net you armour and ammo but I never really felt that they were scarce.

It was when I started playing the master levels that I felt the need for lower cool-down timers on my grenades and flame-belch. So I swapped "Seek and Destroy" (which was kinda useless now that I had the meat-hook) with "Equipment Fiend".

How is he switching weapons so fast. Also, this gameplay makes me think that you really cant have favorite weapon(s) in the game as the ammo is so damn scarce. And changing fast to a weapon that is fit for a particular battle scenario with so much happening around kinda feels a tad overwhelming at times :P. I generally lose track of ammo and I switch to something that is totally unfit for a particular demon.

13 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

How is he switching weapons so fast.

I'm guessing practice and skill.

14 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Also, this gameplay makes me think that you really cant have favorite weapon(s) in the game as the ammo is so damn scarce. 

Yup. That is pretty much the idea behind it. They want us to make use of all the weapons in the arsenal. Even the game's director has said as much.

Still, I mostly just use the SSG, Ballista and Rocket Launcher :P

5 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I'm guessing practice and skill.

Yup. That is pretty much the idea behind it. They want us to make use of all the weapons in the arsenal. Even the game's director has said as much.

Still, I mostly just use the SSG, Ballista and Rocket Launcher :P

I use only the rocket launcher against the Marauder :p. thats the reason I am cribbing about low ammo

Okay, I can't find the Doom thread, maybe it was deleted. I've had the game for a few years, but never got around to playing it, till this game's thread here made me want to. 

Holy HEL what level of smooth bad-assery is this! Shoving the gun right in mthrfkrs faces and blasting them right in their demonic, twisty, mortified, gunky, mouths, and watch them stagger and then GLORY KILL. Stratusfaction! 

It's like shoving a giant finger right up their asses while carrying a boom box which screams metal in their earholes. 

Doom marine is the original BRO. 

The only complaint I have, and this is getting a bit much as I've been playing it more and more, is the loading times for everything. I die a lot in exploration and platforming. It jut sucks that there's a loading screen that makes me twiddle my thumbs when I was trying to reach that almost impossible to reach "secret" 15 times. Grrrrrrr. And the runes. Fvck the runes. 

Edit: also for the first time in my gaming life I've felt the need to play with a mouse. The game controller isn't great for that kind of speed in execution. It would've helped if I could've custom mapped the buttons, but with a mouse this game would've been demonic tits. 

Edited by achilles

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Edit: also for the first time in my gaming life I've felt the need to play with a mouse. The game controller isn't great for that kind of speed in execution. It would've helped if I could've custom mapped the buttons, but with a mouse this game would've been demonic tits. 

Use the bumper-jumper controller layout if you aren't already. I'm not exactly sure what the layout is called in that game specifically, but it's the one which uses L1/LB for jumping.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Use the bumper-jumper controller layout if you aren't already. I'm not exactly sure what the layout is called in that game specifically, but it's the one which uses L1/LB for jumping.

Exactly what I want, but I checked, and there was no layout where the jump button wasn't X. I'll check again today. I'm using the knuckle named layout, which switches "use" from R3 to R1. I'd also like it if chainsaw could be single button use, and then weapon is switched back automatically, like equipment. 

Switching to chainsaw, using fire, and then switching back isn't the best in battle heat tbh. 

2 minutes ago, achilles said:

Exactly what I want, but I checked, and there was no layout where the jump button wasn't X. I'll check again today. I'm using the knuckle named layout, which switches "use" from R3 to R1.

Just checked a video on youtube. There are two bumper-jumper layouts called "Strafe" and "Tactical". You probably missed them because you need to scroll down the list of layouts to find them.

7 minutes ago, achilles said:

I'd also like it if chainsaw could be single button use, and then weapon is switched back automatically, like equipment. 

Switching to chainsaw, using fire, and then switching back isn't the best in battle heat tbh. 

Yeah, they've done that in Eternal. It's so much better.

33 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

There are two bumper-jumper layouts called "Strafe" and "Tactical". You probably missed them because you need to scroll down the list of layouts to find them.

Thanks! Will check it out tonight. L1 for jump would really help. That mobility rune pushed me to the limits of my patience.

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

dafaq. from exultia, he jumps to the next dimension. Is this some different version of the game? so many glitches? :O.

also 240 fps :O

Same game but any% speedrun. So he using glitches/exploits available in-game. 

Still it was very nice to watch. Devs were surprised as well with how Xamide managed to remember every step. 

He beat his own record:

Non glitch any% speed run is around 2 hours.