Coronavirus

hope

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Just spoke to friend in Germany.

they are gonna have lockdown for 2 more months with incremental relaxation.

economy is going to get fked, their GDP growth rate is just 1%

This is scary. 25yo died who had no other conditions.

Private hospitals aren’t admitting patients, govt hospitals are overcrowded and not being managed.

19 out of 25 nurses in Ruby hall in Pune are tested positive. If you get corona, it will be a miracle to survive.

@Right If you are going to post bad/scary news, you should post the good news as well you know. This news is a little bit old (April 1), but it's extremely good.

93 Year Old Man and his 88 Year Old Wife both recover from COVID-19 in Kerala, India. They are the oldest people to recover from COVID-19 in India.

So it's not a miracle to survive or anything (It is for the old couple). But the statistics seems correct, changing up or down depending on age/pre-existing conditions and also, the facilities, competence and non-negligence of the doctors and medical staff where the patient is admitted. Seems that the report you posted, either the doctor was incompetent or the hospital was callous (In other words - waste of hospital most probably)

Edited by roun90

@roun90

Nothing like that I want to post bad news only. There are many good things happening in India in this hour of crisis.

Good samaritans like Man Mundra are distributing PPE worth lacs of rupees every day. Gurudwaaras in Delhi and everywhere are feeding thousands of people every day, two times.

But one of my most favourite good news was from my beloved Namma Karnataka: 

cop in Karnataka who travelled 400km+ on bike to deliver medicines.

Link

Lets just hope cases dont increase. 

Goa is corona free i am hearing. Not sure if its actually true.

Maybe Riley can update on this. Whatta news if true.

Worry is Mumbai,Pune,Indore,Delhi :(

Also rapid test kits are faulty, even shows negative for corona patients :P

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/rajasthan-stops-rapid-testing-coronavirus-1669328-2020-04-21

Edited by hope

1 hour ago, Right said:

If you get corona, it will be a miracle to survive.

Please don't spread panic. This disease can be fatal to those with severe symptoms and lack of medical care but a vast majority of people who get corona don't have any symptoms at all.

At the moment this little bit of misinformation is causing a lot of harm to people. There are many pockets of people who believe that testing positive for corona means certain death. Many villages are treating families who are in home quarantine or any people helping them out like outcasts.

2 hours ago, hope said:

Lets just hope cases dont increase. 

Goa is corona free i am hearing. Not sure if its actually true.

Maybe Riley can update on this. Whatta news if true.

Worry is Mumbai,Pune,Indore,Delhi :(

Also rapid test kits are faulty, even shows negative for corona patients :P

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/rajasthan-stops-rapid-testing-coronavirus-1669328-2020-04-21

I don't know man. I had to go to pick up meds for my cat today and I got traffic. Too many people out now. I think they believe that corona has been defeated and it's business as usual. Zero social distancing now. Outside the vet there were kids playing badminton and cricket with their parents sitting and watching. At least the cops near the airport were actually doing their job and stopping every car with more than 2 people and bikes with more than 1. This won't end well if they open the borders. Also not sure if there's any more testing happening here as I haven't been able to contact mu cousin who is a doctor in the GMC.

1 hour ago, Banz said:

Please don't spread panic. This disease can be fatal to those with severe symptoms and lack of medical care but a vast majority of people who get corona don't have any symptoms at all.

At the moment this little bit of misinformation is causing a lot of harm to people. There are many pockets of people who believe that testing positive for corona means certain death. Many villages are treating families who are in home quarantine or any people helping them out like outcasts.

You are reading it out of context.

The point I’m making here is the govt healthcare system is so overburdened in the clusters that getting adequate healthcare is very difficult. The way private hospitals are turning patients away should worry all of us. Because we middle-classers always thought that those would be our saviours.

Try to understand this, a young symptomatic patient was turned away from 3 private hospitals and he couldn’t make it through, because he wasn’t given proper care, they switched his phone off so he couldn’t even tell his family about how he starved or wasn’t given water to drink.

Now a fact, which everyone should know that India has one of the highest recovery rate. >17%, so Corona isn’t always mean death, but not getting proper care while being infected is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

466 in Maharashtra. It's just not stopping. Nagpur is at 89. Cases rising.

Even Gujarat is worrying.

the only good thing there is people are cooperating with healthcare workers.

they would soon get it under control like TN.

RJ is slipping too, Jaipur cluster is too big.

MP is dice-roll, recent report said people in cluster  have started treating themselves. I know it’s too funny.

1 hour ago, Right said:

Even Gujarat is worrying.

the only good thing there is people are cooperating with healthcare workers.

they would soon get it under control like TN.

RJ is slipping too, Jaipur cluster is too big.

MP is dice-roll, recent report said people in cluster  have started treating themselves. I know it’s too funny.

My brother is a doctor in TN and he told me that test results are being deliberately delayed. The government is ensuring necessary steps are taken before announcing numbers (initiating lockdown or preparing contingency plans for quarantine). But the truth is that the govt knows there are more folks affected than the what they care to tell us (for right or wrong reasons is up for debate). This isn't gonna go away. Once the lockdown is relaxed is when things might start getting scarier.