Coronavirus - Stay At Home Foodie Thread

AtheK

25 minutes ago, Banz said:

I think they are using 60 grammes of cooked noodles as the serving size. Cooked noodles are mostly (60-70%) water. 60 g is nowhere close to the average serving size which is usually between 200 - 300 g.

Sneaky and dishonest marketing I would say.

That would be super sneaky and misleading.

Thinking about it, it seems very untrue to have such low carb with Wheat/Maida.

Its almost close to quinoa.

E6A4E7A3-28E1-4C23-8BC0-EB8BA59A7175.png

• Like 1

Most days of the breakfast is :

Cheese omelette.

Today's was with minced cauliflower and two day marinated chicken and tasted just like pasta : nothing different, just don't mix cauliflower and chicken or any other meat in the eggs, put them in the pan and shallow fry them for a minute or two and then add the egg-cheese mixture to the pan.

Chicken to be later used for chicken tikka (and maybe butter chicken) - prefer Green due to using healthier green chillies and coriander instead of red chilli/color.

^ One of the easiest and most delightful things to make where you can't go wrong.

3fd54874818f8bd9a4e5e873923c7f1b.jpg0268f6229d425c09cd3b5a9234c27a56.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Mods. At first I thought there will be some amateur cooking and we will have fun with this thread. But it turns out to be a torture. Close this ASAP!

This thread proves you don't need to go out lookng for delicious food, the talent lies within. :P

• Like 1

Butter chicken without red chilli powder or color,

Main ingredients : only tomato, yoghurt, cashew, ginger, garlic and other spices as one prefers.

I add one onion as well otherwise it gets too tangy, and green chillies in place of red.

Cockrel chicken was used.

2 day marination meant it was already soft and instantly cooked in the tandoor itself.

328911008d782a66cde6e5c4a3493f29.jpg7eae698713a6a4d31432238e00581098.jpg

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

Where did you guys learn to cook?

I used to live alone and had a proper kitchen (except for fridge). The mess food was terrible so I tried cooking for myself. Most of the cooking techniques I learnt whenever I would return home, and the rest I learnt by following online recipes and experimenting.

Edited by Banz
  • Like 1