Doom Eternal

Heaven Angel

6 hours ago, Big Boss said:

^Rather play the actual AAA or AA old school games which look and play way better than this half assed attempt at old school fps. The games like Painkiller, Serious Sam HD, Serious Sam 3 etc look and play way better than Dusk. Heck even Quake 4 is pretty good even though it's not an arena based shooter. But it was a solid fps and was criminally underrated.

Yes, I did play some of these old blockbusters. Back in the day I used to play Serious sam the second encounter and Wolfenstein 3D. Those were the only games in my PC. I still remember the background music of the last stage of serious sam the second encounter. 

I wish to try painkiller and quake series, also the quake II RTX is free to play on Steam published by Nvidia. I'll give it a try when I'll have a RTX card. 

9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, Dusk.. I've been hearing a lot about this game. It's on STEAM have really good reviews. I might get it soon.

Yup. Pretty much everyone who's played it has raved about it.

I wasn't a big fan of the game's aesthetic earlier. But it's kinda grown on me now.

I'll be picking it up soon too.

13 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yup. Pretty much everyone who's played it has raved about it.

I wasn't a big fan of the game's aesthetic earlier. But it's kinda grown on me now.

I'll be picking it up soon too.

The dev is a one shitposter too :P

gcWqGSl.jpg

3SkRRB4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

X8NUJ1C_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

This simple tweet trippled DUSK daily sales the following day. :lol:

On 4/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

There are two bumper-jumper layouts called "Strafe" and "Tactical". You probably missed them because you need to scroll down the list of layouts to find them.

I did miss them :P 

But, the layout which gives L1 for jump moves the "use" to X and I couldn't handle that switch, I was too comfortable with what I was using. 

Finished the game last night. By the later stages I'd gotten so good with the weapons that I didn't need to use the BFG at all. The last boss could've been better, but what a game. 

From the weapons I'd mastered the super shotgun, the assault rifle with tactical scope, the plasma rifle with stun, and the rocket launcher. Man I could (literally) murder Hell with these weapons. 

For smaller things, run around and shotgun in their faces, for big guys, move in circles around and shotgun, or stun them and shotgun, with a liberal garnish of frags or argent grenades if I'm low on health, rocket launcher with lock on for the summoner and the flying giant heads, and scoped rifle for everything else; chainsaw when running low on ammo.

Equipped runes were dazed and confused which keeps the demons stunned for longer, equipment power up, and one which makes demons drop armour when glory killed. 

Disliked: 

If a weapon ran out of ammo, the default switch would be to the regular shotgun. Couldn't find a way to change this. 

No memorable boss fights

Loading times 

Game wouldn't say from which points I'd be locked out of the previous area of the map, missed a few collectibles and upgrades because of this

Wishlist: limited bullet time with at least one weapon

PS: the argent grenade is almost a cheat code. With full equipment upgrades in the praetor suit and rune, it's like you'd never run out of health. And once health is full, it refills your armour! 

Whattay FUN! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, achilles said:

Game wouldn't say from which points I'd be locked out of the previous area of the map, missed a few collectibles and upgrades because of this

This irked me quite a bit too. But it's thankfully fixed in Eternal.

12 minutes ago, achilles said:

Wishlist: limited bullet time with at least one weapon 

Your wish has been granted in Eternal :P

It takes up a rune slot though and is only triggered when you use a weapon mod.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

People who are looking for similar games should definitely check Quake Champions out. The gameplay is just as fast and frantic. I hope, that Doom Eternal starts a resurgence of interest in arena shooters. Competitive fpses have to be fast and arena shooters are generally blazing fast. I think the action in DE was modeled around arena shooters only. I mean when in a fight, you cant duck, take cover, have to move around to survive, cant camp, the area is generally small, there are jump pods scattered, limited ammo and armor etc. Reminded me of other arena shooters from the past. Now QC has clan arena as well.

Okay, this is the last time I'm plugging an indie game in this thread but if any of you liked the platforming in Eternal, you should check out Seum. A challenging and enjoyable first-person platformer, which is also a bit frustrating (kind of in a good way though). It's also quite addictive because of its Hotline Miami-like one button press instant reload.

And as you can see from the trailer, the level design can get pretty sadistic!

Why are the graphics in this same or in some cases worse than Doom 2016?

Really doesn't look like a 2020 game.

I am running on ultra nightmare preset but still textures look exaclty the same as on ultra preset :/

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I am running on ultra nightmare preset but still textures look exaclty the same as on ultra preset :/

Maybe you are wearing 8k glasses and your monitor is 4k

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Do you have Dynamic Resolution Scaling enabled by any chance?

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Do you have Dynamic Resolution Scaling enabled by any chance?

It says disabled, and no the game is sharp and not blurry.

It's just when you kill the over 9000 demons and look around you see the textures seem "old"

Then again im only on the opening level on earth, not on the set piece ones like where you use some huge BFG style space cannon to blow a planet or something.

The game is specifically praised by Digital Foundry for its artstyle and texture work. The game looks phenomenal and still runs at 60 fps. Maybe your taste is different and you don't like this artstyle. But saying this game doesn't look like 2020 game is absurd. It's one of the most polished games out there. Almost flawless in visual department. And the demon damage, damn. The way you can just shoot chunks of flesh from demons looks so damn good.

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

:wOOtjumpy::wacko:  several months prior to release? how?/

Steam has regional pricing. China is cheapest for Bethesda games. $28 was launch price there.